User Reviews for Renvela to treat Hyperphosphatemia of Renal Failure

Renvela has an average rating of 5.0 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Hyperphosphatemia of Renal Failure. 33% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 50% reported a negative experience.

Renvela rating summary

5.0/10 average rating

Compare all 12 medications used in the treatment of Hyperphosphatemia of Renal Failure.

Robin Lee · Taken for 10 years or more · June 27, 2016

"Works well at keeping my phosphorus down. I take two tablets with my average meals, I take three tablets if I eat an usually large meal. I also take one or two tablets with snacks. The only side affect I've experienced is constipation, I sometimes take a mild stool softener, not a big problem. All medications only work if taken as prescribed on a consistent basis. It's such a small thing to do for your health."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years · January 8, 2016

"I have been taking these for about a year. Seems like one month they work and the next they don't. Even though I am eating the same food and same amount of pills. I seriously wonder if some months they are just sugar pills and not the real thing. I seriously question the quality."

Ginny · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 3, 2018

"Found this to be extremely effective. Need more, but it is overpriced, and I cannot afford it, even with insurance. Why is this so expensive? As I cannot afford almost $300 for 90 day supply (on social security), I will fall back to using Tums, which costs less than $10 for a large container"

Anonymous · November 19, 2009

"Started with 2 now I'm up to 4 still no results."

vic · Taken for 2 to 5 years · March 24, 2020

"The side effect I get from Renvela is constipation"

sra113 · Taken for 2 to 5 years · October 19, 2017

"I experienced too many side effects -- constant nausea, itching, & weight gain."

Anonymous · May 12, 2015

"Up to 4 with each meal. Center didn't believe I was taking them cause my phosphorus levels didn't go down. Better than chewable, if they worked better."