User Reviews for Remdesivir to treat COVID-19

Also known as: Veklury

Remdesivir has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings for the treatment of COVID-19. 37% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 47% reported a negative effect.

Remdesivir Rating Summary

5.2/10 average rating

Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of COVID-19.

Reviews for Remdesivir

dont take it · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2021

“One of remdesivir's side effect is kidney failure. My friend's father went to the hospital with covid, and the hospital told him they can treat covid patients ONLY with remdesivir. So my friend's father was treated with it. After 5 days being on remdesivir his kidneys started to shut down. His lung got full of water which the doctors diagnosed as pneumonia. How come doctors who spent years studying in universities can't tell the difference between a lung being full of water or if it's pneumonia??? To make a long story short my friend's father died on the hospital on the 9th day. Don't take it!”

Muffin · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2021

“I constantly had to urinate. It was horrible. I had 5 days treatment with remdesivir. I left the hospital feeling incredibly weak and exhausted. I came home and found a doctor to prescribe hydroxychloroquine, z-pack and ivermectin. Now I am much better, almost back to normal and I haven’t finished the hydroxychloroquine.”

Romero · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2021

“It’s not for everyone. It’s crazy expensive and does so much damage to your body With all the deadly side effects how did it get EUA approved by the FDA ? They came out with the vaccine rather quick someone needs to make something safer. It’s like damn if I do and damn if I don’t.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 7, 2021

“My dad died after being given this remdesivir which is not known how it interacts with other drugs. My dad had diabetes and myeloma dysplasia and yet was blindly given this drug as doctors were following protocols instead of treating individual patients.”

AS April 22, 2021

“My brother in law expired last week. Age 44. Administered 6 remedisvir and one actemra. Hrct scan was 10/25 at time of Admission. Faced shivering, yellow eyes and lips . Please monitor side effects and save loved ones. Take care”

Carrie · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2021

“I tested positive for Covid 19, stayed home for 10 days and was feeling much better, but then had problems breathing. Being a lung transplant recipient I called my transplant team. They told me to get to the hospital right away, which I did. I needed some supplemental oxygen but otherwise felt fine. I was given remdesivir along with dexamethasone and oxygen and stayed in the hospital for 9 days. I went home needing only 2 litres of Oxygen. I continued to get better but was tired. Now 2 months later my kidneys are in trouble, my glucose is all over the map, my Blood pressure isn't stable, going so low I faint to 169/102, my heart rate is extremely high then low, I shake most times, I'm cold and then overheating. My conclusion is I wish I hadn't taken remdesivir but instead insisted on trying Hydroxychloroquine.”

Craig k · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2021

“Diagnosed with COVID Sunday went back ER Friday. Diagnosed with COVID pneumonia. Was given remdesivir double dose first day followed by 3 days of single doses. Dexamethasone was given 8 days. I was released Saturday 9 days later with no oxygen. I can not say if it helped or not. I am recovering at home now 6 days. I feel I was 1/16 of what I was before. Very weak and lungs feel like an old paper bag that needs priming to use fully. 2 day toes and fingers tingle 3rd and 4 th day felt full like over balloons and pain even with no movement. Fingers and toes are back to tingling and slight pain to use. Fresh fruit and veggies taste best but some meat tastes salty and horrible. Bland meat taste best. My voice and movements seem to be choppy and not precise but I can not say its visible but there is an audible difference when speaking.”

TSE · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 12, 2020

“I received 5 IV injections of remdesivir for COVID and since then my blood pressure has been low. Before taking remdesivir I've always had high blood pressure. I have had muscle weakness in my legs. I have had headaches. I find that with any little cut I bleed a lot. The doctors and nurses have had a had time getting blood out of my veins for a blood test. They get the needle in the vein but they can't get blood out.”

Cb · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2020

“Remdesivir and steroids saved my life from COVID-19, I had covid pneumonia and remained in the hospital for 5 days taking Remdesivir once a day for 5 days and went home with oxygen. After two months , I’m feeling back to normal....”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 20, 2021

“Since taking remdesivir and dexamethasone for COVID I have a headache daily. Also I have got swollen vascular veins in my neck and head, and I am tired all the time. I also have a lingering cough.”

ram February 18, 2021

“When I suffered with breathing problem due to viral pneumonia associated with Covid-19 in the month of October,2020, I was given 7 doses of remdesivir keeping me in ICU with full oxygen in a corporate hospital at Hyderabad. From first dose positive result shown. But, sugar level increased to 340, later controlled. Heavy appetite. Became lean. Felt severe weakness for 2 months. After taking protein diet I could recover speedily. After one month, heavy hair fall started. Feeling unknown weakness.”

The Judge · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2021

“As far as I'm concerned redeliver helped cure my covid 19. Was in hospital for 7 nights treated with blood thinners, remdesivir, steroids etc plus insulin (as my blood sugars went up possibly due to remdesivir). However I was very happy to be administered with remdesivir. My side effects were extreme body weakness, headache, urinating a lot more than normal. I was very happy to have recovered from covid 19 and the side affects after 14 days at home are wearing off.”

Covid Patient · Taken for less than 1 month August 18, 2021

“I had Covid-led pneumonia. CT Scan 10/25. I was hospitalised and kept on ventilator. I was given IV Remidesivir for 5 days along with Baricitinib (1 pill each day for 14 days). I started recovering from 4th day. Coughing reduced substantially. After 5th dose, my ventilator was removed and I was told to walk in the hospital ward. I was discharged from the hospital on the 9th day. After returning home, I was a bit weak for a 5-6 days. Now after 14 days I'm normal but still have pain in my left knee. In my case, remdesivir + baricitinib worked really well. I was also prescribed Fabiflu for 14 days.”

Marie · Taken for less than 1 month November 21, 2021

“Fully vaccinated, got Covid. Immediately upon testing positive, I was told by the clinic I had Covid too long for Remdesivir or any anti-viral to work. What a bunch of rubbish that proved to be. My condition worsened so much! My local ER refused to treat me with this drug. Oxygen levels dropped so dangerously low. My primary couldn't seem to help me at all. Finally went to a different ER. Got Remdesivir via IV. Within hours, all symptoms except pneumonia went away. I mean GONE! Fever never returned, nausea, vomiting, headache, head to toe pain...all GONE. With that kind of relief, my immune system was able to focus on fighting the pneumonia, and it was bad. I remain so upset that this medication was withheld from me for so long and it was unnecessary! Why is it not being given? Something stinks to high heaven in how this medication is being so unevenly applied, even among my own local providers. Perhaps something else is driving the misinformation highway. I only know it works and fast!”

Mikecutlet · Taken for less than 1 month September 15, 2021

“Useless, wife hospitalized given remdisivir and got worse. The drs refused any alternative .I gave her N acetyl cysteine 1200mg and in one week she pulled thru.”

Meenavalli Rama Rao · Taken for less than 1 month November 5, 2020

“My grand father passed away after taking the first remdesiver injection for COVID-19”

hanuman prasad November 12, 2020

“After being on remdisiver the patients blood sugar level went too high. Be aware for diabetic patients that this may cause and increase it blood sugar levels.”

Candy · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 18, 2020

“I had a feeling weekness. The number of times I had to urinate doubled.”

Agona Asante November 28, 2020

“I had remdesivir and it worked for my COVID.”

Julie · Taken for less than 1 month September 19, 2021

“Helped me to get over Sars-Covid 2 & Acute Respiratory Failure during hospitalization.”

Lucy · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2021

“I was in the hospital for 11 days and had 11 units of Remdesivir. I had double covid pneumonia. I was very sick. I'm so thankful for this medication!!!”

Learn more about COVID-19