User Reviews for Kineret

Sessa · January 31, 2012

For Still's Disease "Yes, it does burn when you start to take it and the spot injected might itch. I did a couple of things before taking the shot. 1. warmed it up for about 30 minutes 2. applied ice to the spot I planned to inject 3. would take a Benadryl to keep the itching down. I've been on it several yrs now. It burns or itches...once in a blue moon. It has helped but doesn't keep the fevers and joint/muscle pain completely away, anymore. Good luck! This medicine is definitely worth a try if you have AOSD."

Anonymous · March 5, 2010

For Still's Disease "The drug works very well. What they don't tell you, though, is that it burns like a steroid each time, every time. So go into it forewarned as it's not anywhere in any literature and it's not something your physician will likely tell you beforehand."

Still fight'n · February 11, 2011

For Still's Disease "I've only been taking the 100mg shots for 8 days now. It does burn even after it has warmed up. I think this might be because it's thick and has to be injected slowly. But like they say.. no pain no gain."

Gabby B · April 10, 2013

For Schnitzler Syndrome "I've been on Kineret (anakinra) for several years for Schnitzler Syndrome. No other medication gave me relief, except high dose steroids, but I was pain and hives free within a couple of days of starting Kineret and back digging in the garden and walking kilometres when I had spent the previous 7 years mainly in bed. It was on the PBS list but now my hospital pays for it on my behalf. No injection site problems or side effects."

Anonymous · September 3, 2011

For Schnitzler Syndrome "Kineret works great for my Schnitzler's Syndrome. It can hurt when injected but if I warm it up to room temperature by letting it sit out for a while or hold the syringe in my hand to warm it up, it hurts A LOT less."