User Reviews for Potassium iodide

Also known as: SSKI, ThyroShield, Yodefan Iosat

Potassium iodide has an average rating of 10.0 out of 10 from a total of 2 ratings on Drugs.com. 100% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Cough
Hyperthyroidism
10.0
Summary of Potassium iodide reviews 10.0 2 reviews

Anonymous July 15, 2021

SSKI (potassium iodide) for Cough: “I was diagnosed with pneumonia in December of 2005.. I took just one dose...I stopped breathing while sleeping and lost my father that day,,who was found deceased across my body after him finding me and beginning CPR, although he did have hx of cardiac disease. Eventually it was found that I had developed a mucus plug and with new diagnosis of pneumonia, my body wasn't able to clear it. Moral of the story is... use caution when using this medicine.”

hypothyroid November 13, 2011

Pima (potassium iodide) for Hyperthyroidism: “Awesome information.”