User Reviews for Urocit-K

Renal Tubular Acidosis

Patty · Taken for 10 years or more April 4, 2020

For Renal Tubular Acidosis: “I had kidney stones my whole life. In my twenties they became frequent and larger. The last one was the size of a quarter. It was becoming dangerous with the kidney stones that large. The only way to get rid of them was lithotripsy. Anyway, my doctor put me on Urocit-K, and I haven't had a kidney stone in about 23 years! Miracle drug!”

EyemOk · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 3, 2019

For Renal Tubular Acidosis: “I was hospitalized with large kidney stones in both kidneys. Surgically removed in January 2014. Put on 10meq of Urocit-K by urologist. No more kidney stones since (as of December 2019).”

msunderl · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 31, 2018

For Renal Tubular Acidosis: “Taking Urocit-K 15mEq 3x daily to prevent Kidney Stones. I was thinking all was well after a year and needed a refill, but my urologist required I get an x-ray and come see him. Sure enough, I had a 5mm stone in left kidney, same location as previous stones (one in ureter removed via Ureteroscopy.) According to the Dr., I still wasn't drinking enough water, even though I drink 64 to 88 oz per day. I had been measuring my PH with strips periodically and it was very much like a roller coaster. I started measuring every time with the strips and I was dropping below 6 too often. I read about what foods are alkalizing and those that are acidic after metabolizing and changed my diet. This made a huge difference! Along with the medication, if I eat enough alkalizing foods, I never get below 6.5! Dr. never told me about diet!? Hopefully this 5mm stone will be gone when I go back in June '18.”