User Reviews for Urocit-K

Renal Tubular Acidosis

1 review 2 medications

Reviews for Urocit-K

For Renal Tubular Acidosis "Taking Urocit-K 15mEq 3x daily to prevent Kidney Stones. I was thinking all was well after a year and needed a refill, but my urologist required I get an x-ray and come see him. Sure enough, I had a 5mm stone in left kidney, same location as previous stones (one in ureter removed via Ureteroscopy.) According to the Dr., I still wasn't drinking enough water, even though I drink 64 to 88 oz per day. I had been measuring my PH with strips periodically and it was very much like a roller coaster. I started measuring every time with the strips and I was dropping below 6 too often. I read about what foods are alkalizing and those that are acidic after metabolizing and changed my diet. This made a huge difference! Along with the medication, if I eat enough alkalizing foods, I never get below 6.5! Dr. never told me about diet!? Hopefully this 5mm stone will be gone when I go back in June '18."

msunderl (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 31, 2018