User Reviews for Potassium citrate

Nephrolithiasis 10.0
Renal Tubular Acidosis 7.6

Reviews for Potassium citrate

Patty · Taken for 10 years or more April 4, 2020

Urocit-K (potassium citrate) for Renal Tubular Acidosis: “I had kidney stones my whole life. In my twenties they became frequent and larger. The last one was the size of a quarter. It was becoming dangerous with the kidney stones that large. The only way to get rid of them was lithotripsy. Anyway, my doctor put me on Urocit-K, and I haven't had a kidney stone in about 23 years! Miracle drug!”

EyemOk · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 3, 2019

Urocit-K (potassium citrate) for Renal Tubular Acidosis: “I was hospitalized with large kidney stones in both kidneys. Surgically removed in January 2014. Put on 10meq of Urocit-K by urologist. No more kidney stones since (as of December 2019).”

Panda Bear · Taken for 10 years or more November 29, 2018

For Nephrolithiasis: “I started taking losartan for high blood pressure 14 years ago. One side effect of losartan is that it increases risk of uric acid kidney stones. In the next four years I had 8 kidney stones, 2 of which were greater than 5 mm in diameter which required trips to the hospital. Then I started taking 30 mEq of potassium citrate a day and I have not had a kidney stone in 10 years. It has been very effective.”

msunderl · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 31, 2018

Urocit-K (potassium citrate) for Renal Tubular Acidosis: “Taking Urocit-K 15mEq 3x daily to prevent Kidney Stones. I was thinking all was well after a year and needed a refill, but my urologist required I get an x-ray and come see him. Sure enough, I had a 5mm stone in left kidney, same location as previous stones (one in ureter removed via Ureteroscopy.) According to the Dr., I still wasn't drinking enough water, even though I drink 64 to 88 oz per day. I had been measuring my PH with strips periodically and it was very much like a roller coaster. I started measuring every time with the strips and I was dropping below 6 too often. I read about what foods are alkalizing and those that are acidic after metabolizing and changed my diet. This made a huge difference! Along with the medication, if I eat enough alkalizing foods, I never get below 6.5! Dr. never told me about diet!? Hopefully this 5mm stone will be gone when I go back in June '18.”

sharv · Taken for less than 1 month October 10, 2017

For Renal Tubular Acidosis: “Minutes after taking this my lips started to feel funny - a numb tingling sensation which spread to my whole face. This resolved after an anti-histamine. However, Potassium Citrate did help my initial problem of pain on passing urine and frequency.”

Libertydude · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2016

For Renal Tubular Acidosis: “Could be made easier to swallow as they are large.”