User Reviews for Potassium citrate

Renal Tubular Acidosis
6.3

Summary of Potassium citrate reviews 8.1 3 reviews

Reviews for Potassium citrate

Urocit-K (potassium citrate) for Renal Tubular Acidosis: "Taking Urocit-K 15mEq 3x daily to prevent Kidney Stones. I was thinking all was well after a year and needed a refill, but my urologist required I get an x-ray and come see him. Sure enough, I had a 5mm stone in left kidney, same location as previous stones (one in ureter removed via Ureteroscopy.) According to the Dr., I still wasn't drinking enough water, even though I drink 64 to 88 oz per day. I had been measuring my PH with strips periodically and it was very much like a roller coaster. I started measuring every time with the strips and I was dropping below 6 too often. I read about what foods are alkalizing and those that are acidic after metabolizing and changed my diet. This made a huge difference! Along with the medication, if I eat enough alkalizing foods, I never get below 6.5! Dr. never told me about diet!? Hopefully this 5mm stone will be gone when I go back in June '18."

msunderl (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 31, 2018

For Renal Tubular Acidosis: "Minutes after taking this my lips started to feel funny - a numb tingling sensation which spread to my whole face. This resolved after an anti-histamine. However, Potassium Citrate did help my initial problem of pain on passing urine and frequency."

sharv (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2017

For Renal Tubular Acidosis: "Could be made easier to swallow as they are large."

Libertydude (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2016