User Reviews for Urocit-K to treat Renal Tubular Acidosis

Patty · Taken for 10 years or more April 4, 2020

“I had kidney stones my whole life. In my twenties they became frequent and larger. The last one was the size of a quarter. It was becoming dangerous with the kidney stones that large. The only way to get rid of them was lithotripsy. Anyway, my doctor put me on Urocit-K, and I haven't had a kidney stone in about 23 years! Miracle drug!”

EyemOk · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 3, 2019

“I was hospitalized with large kidney stones in both kidneys. Surgically removed in January 2014. Put on 10meq of Urocit-K by urologist. No more kidney stones since (as of December 2019).”

msunderl · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 31, 2018

“Taking Urocit-K 15mEq 3x daily to prevent Kidney Stones. I was thinking all was well after a year and needed a refill, but my urologist required I get an x-ray and come see him. Sure enough, I had a 5mm stone in left kidney, same location as previous stones (one in ureter removed via Ureteroscopy.) According to the Dr., I still wasn't drinking enough water, even though I drink 64 to 88 oz per day. I had been measuring my PH with strips periodically and it was very much like a roller coaster. I started measuring every time with the strips and I was dropping below 6 too often. I read about what foods are alkalizing and those that are acidic after metabolizing and changed my diet. This made a huge difference! Along with the medication, if I eat enough alkalizing foods, I never get below 6.5! Dr. never told me about diet!? Hopefully this 5mm stone will be gone when I go back in June '18.”