User Reviews for Potassium chloride to treat Hypokalemia

Also known as: Klor-Con, K-Tab, Klor-Con M20, K-Dur, Klor-Con M10, Klor-Con M15, Cena K, Klor-Con 10 Epiklor Kal Potassium 99 Klor-Con Sprinkle Klor-Con 8 Glu-K Ed K+10 Gen-K …show all brand names

Potassium chloride has an average rating of 5.1 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Hypokalemia. 44% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 44% reported a negative effect.

Potassium chloride Rating Summary

5.1/10 average rating

Compare all 31 medications used in the treatment of Hypokalemia.

Reviews for Potassium chloride

s · Taken for less than 1 month September 20, 2019

“ I started taking this 20meq medicine this week. Today, when I try to take it, I almost choked if it was not for the help of a friend who hit my back and took me from behind to help me. Is it not possible to make it smaller? Or that it has a coating that helps swallow it whole? The people who designed it tried to take it as it seems impossible to be swallowed by a human being ?. For the record, I'm an adult and I have no trouble swallowing. Please, reformulate this pill”

Sonflower August 6, 2009

Klor-Con (potassium chloride): “I use this to prevent muscle cramps so severe that I have thought I would tear muscles lose. I take 2 tablets each day along with 3 x 600mg calcium citrate with Vitamin D caplets. Sometimes I have to take an additional Klor-con 20 if I am passing a lot of urine. I take Lasix 40 mg a day, I was taking 80 mg and I would get cramps within 6 hours of taking it. I had been using Quinine previously, but it was taken off the market.”

Freddie IS my name! August 26, 2015

“This Potassium pill does not dissolve...the white coating does, then the rest is left in the stool. Yes, I have salvaged them from the stool and they still have the USL 10 number on them (although the white coating is gone, the yellowish pill is quite all there!). WHY? Has no one else complained? Freddie”

Jody · Taken for 10 years or more January 9, 2020

K-Tab (potassium chloride): “I had a really bad reaction with swollen and blister on hands and feet skin peeled off very painfully and went on for over a month. I couldn't breathe or swallow, my boys were scared because I couldn't walk or talk, feeling like I was going to pass out, very dizzy and lightheaded and confused other things also and some reactions are still going on with pain too”

Jojo · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2020

“potassium chloride made me break out in rash and itching so bad that I kept accidentally scratching scabs open from itching for 2 weeks. Then I looked up side effects I had every single allergy on it, ughhhh.....not for me. I'm eating baked potatoes and bananas helped better.”

banana man · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2013

“I hated fruit until I suffered from hypokalemia! Now, well I am the banana man! I didn't know what to do with my inadequate potassium in my blood. With the infusion I am much better and an apple a day away from further medical treatment.”

Steve1955 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 19, 2018

“My cardiologist increased dosage to two pills a day... and somehow It changed to wax tabs with same dosage about a few months ago. I developed a peeling of skin on my left hand ring finger and could not figure what it was. Now, it started to spread to middle finger.”

Jules · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2020

“Had 5 bags of IV potassium and felt fantastic Before this was given to me I was so tired, had lost my appetite, had stomach pains, cramp in feet and depressed Now I feel like a new person”

Anonymous October 18, 2009

Klor-Con (potassium chloride): “Works fast and well. It will put you back to normal within in 1-2 hours!”

Pick July 12, 2018

“Tablets do not dissolve!”

gplove · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2017

Klor-Con M10 (potassium chloride): “M10 in tablet form is grainy and very hard to swallow. I switched to the liquid, which is more expensive, because I feared choking.”

None · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2021

Klor-Con (potassium chloride): “Worst Medicine. Had terrible abdominal pain and diarrhea.. pain level was a 11!! Dizzy, confused, how can they make people go they this??????”

Mel121713 · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2017

“Severe diarrhea and nausea”

Jen July 26, 2019

“I just start taking this pill yesterday because I am on the fluid pill and so far it’s ok, starting to make me feel better”

Learn more about Hypokalemia