User Reviews for Polymyxin b / trimethoprim

Also known as: Polytrim

Learn more about Polymyxin b/trimethoprim.

Conjunctivitis, Bacterial 6 reviews 94 medications

5.2
Summary of Polymyxin b/trimethoprim reviews 6 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Polymyxin b/trimethoprim

For Conjunctivitis, Bacterial: "Its been 12 hours and my eyes are so much worse now than a day ago. The pus is coming out so fast I can't keep my vision clear. The watering of the eyes is terrible my skin around the outside corners of the eyes and under burn like road rash with alcohol poured over it. Almost feel like going to the emergency room for relief cause its just getting harder and harder to tolerate. I rated it at its current level of help and relief so if it improves I will bookmark and come back to edit."

Ghost Faced (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Bacterial: "I was diagnosed 3 days ago and started using the drops, but still haven't gotten any relief. Naturally it's a weekend! On Monday I'll contact my doctor. I have an intense headache with this, and just using my eyes for a few minutes makes everything worse. I have redness, itching, pain, crusting, graininess and throbbing in both eyes. A warm washcloth is the best relief so far."

frustratedpatientjan November 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Bacterial: "I continue to have ruby red eyeballs,a little itching, but, mostly I continue to have scaly secretions from both eyes. I wear the no line bifocals and I cannot get clear sight up or down, somtimes causing pain to my foerhead. Please help!"

Floatnurse1 September 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Polytrim (polymyxin b / trimethoprim) for Conjunctivitis, Bacterial: "These eye drops helped with itching, swelling and discharge within 12 hours. The redness of the eye persisted longer."

SMCBOK March 28, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Bacterial: "Within first and second days use, eyes became blood shot and a little burning (normal side effects according to the instructions.) But on day three now eyes are itching but no more tearing and puss is almost non-existent. Feeling much better and clearing up."

eyeswateringandpuss (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Conjunctivitis, Bacterial: "This medication significantly reduced the amount of pus production overnight. Relatively mild burning even with the severe amount of inflammation I was experiencing. No common side effects so far. It seems to be doing it's job rather well."

Anonymous May 25, 2011