User Reviews for Pembrolizumab

Urothelial Carcinoma

1 review 5 medications
Summary of Pembrolizumab reviews 4.6 32 reviews

Reviews for Pembrolizumab

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Head and Neck Cancer: "After taking keytruda from Aug to May 2018 I was in ICU for a week. It gave me type 2 diabetes & Thyroid disease. I had 1 disease. Now I have 3. Thanks Keytruda."

Shalimar123 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "Although it seems some have had a bad experience with this drug, as in some other posts mine was positive. My father found out he had lung cancer. His brother and father both had also, and passed away at 74 (both same age). My father has been a heavy smoker since age 15, as they were also. After finding out he had tumors on his lungs, we both felt it was a death sentence. He informed me that he was going to do some treatments with a new drug. I had never heard of, and I work for a pharmaceutical. Keytruda was the name of it. Of course you have to qualify health, stage of cancer and other aspects to be treated. He was a high candidate for this drug as per his doctor. He began treatments immediately upon that confirmation. Within three months one of his two tumors was gone. The other had shrunk 50 %. Here we are in August, the other tumor is gone as per his scans, as well as his blood being normal. Now they did not say he was cured, but his treatments have ceased."

Jer August 13, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "So last April my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Turns out she was a candidate for keytruda. Her first treatment she became very ill. Ended up in ICU for low sodium. It was bad. She was very ill and was going to stop the treatments. We and the doctor talked her into continuing and honestly she's done amazing with it. The cancer has shrunk. You would never know my mom has cancer. 1.5 yrs later and still doing everything she did years ago. I'm sorry it hasn't worked for everyone but it truly is a miracle drug for some. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the extra time with my mother."

My mom August 6, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Solid Tumors: "My mother has been taking this for a few months and she has completely changed. She suffers from extreme memory loss, confusion, body rashes, and now has to get fluids weekly because she sweats constantly. She has lost an insane amount of weight, lost all her muscle, and is shaky. Her body is in constant pain. She took a break from it for a few months and during that time she felt better but her cancer came back. They say she will be taking this drug for the remainder of her life. "it'll keep her alive", but honestly, at what cost? This medicine has robbed her of her quality of life. I would never recommend this to anyone who is looking for healing. it does more harm than good."

johndoe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "Oncologist confirmed it caused a Heart attack and severe Pneumonitis. Watch your family member closely for shortness of breathe or feeling like they are smothering. Side effects worse than chemo. Has now probably shortened life and diminished quality of life left. We were so excited and hopeful after being approved, now we are devastated. Never thought it would happen because the side effects are so "rare" but it did... after 2 treatments."

4JCL (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My husband has had seven treatments. The worse side effect has been extreme fatigue although he has continued to work full time. It affected his thyroid, and he is now taking Synthroid. He has been an insulin dependent diabetic for many years, and the Keytruda has apparently affected that also. Working with his endocrinologist to get that under control. He will have a scan done in a couple of weeks. Hopefully it will be good news. We both agree this drug is way better than undergoing chemo."

Michael's wife (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "To all of you who are taking care of your loved ones! I am a nurse who took care of my father with stage 4 lung cancer! He took this drug and this drug made his life much shorter that even not getting treatment. Shame on these pharmaceutical companies who make money at any cost. This drug can cause serious heart issues and your patient will die due to cardiac arrest than actual cancer. The drug DOES NOT work at all. Shame on these companies who fool patients with these ads on TV. This drug MUST be taken off the market."

Heidi (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My father in law took his first dose of Keytruda and after few days he felt strong pain all over his body. His heart was beating out of control. After we took him to emergency and after all scans and test the doctor confirm that was the side effect from the Keytruda. After one day in the hospital his heart was already so damaged that after less than a day he passed away. This drug took his live. This drug needs to be taken out of use and revaluated."

cabbelini (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Urothelial Carcinoma: "My husband died right after second dose. After the first dose he suffered very badly for next three weeks. He told the RN he is in pain but she sent him for the next does and very next morning he had severe pain all over and specially up back. I read every comment here before my husband started Keytruda but I wish I could understand this medication better. Now I know what this medication did to my husband. He lost his voice and couldn't sit, walk, talk, and he was just crying and asking what is going on?. Why is this happening to me? Your loved once could die worse than a death by cancer from cancer."

Eddie May 19, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My Mom was supposed to have three infusions. After the first, she became ill with several side effects. She was so brave and went for her second one, two days later she was in the ER with a collapse lung. Her health declined so rapidly and she passed away one month later. I honestly feel it was the Keytruda, she would have lived longer without it. Please stay away from this drug."

Dee May 10, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "Well my mom took one dose she had been tired, not much of an appetite. Have hope this will lengthen her life. We will see her when she has her scan done, hopefully it reduces."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Head and Neck Cancer: "Only had 1 infusion and it was 4 days ago. So not much to report as of yet, but I actually think I'm feeling better. The pain in my stomach and back is less than it has been"

Rebel (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My mother been on Keytruda for 6 months , is doing very well. Has had very little side effects. She has 4 stage lung and met bone cancer"

swayne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 3, 2018

For Colorectal Cancer: "I had colon cancer & metastatic at stage 3B. 1cycles=8x od Xelox was given to me but not longer working. Start from cea 27 (before did operation on my colon, there are any metastatic on 4 of my lymph node) & after finishing the xelox’s cycles the cea level going up to 510. After this treatment failed, I decide to changed my oncologist as she won't stop using xelox & I wanted to try to used keytruda pembrolizumab for 100ml/every 3 weeks. My weight 53kg. Before I started the first keytruda, I don't know why the level cea has been going down to 358. So I started from a cea 358. She has been given me 3x keytruda. She given me every /3weeks.My doctor advice me to take this immunotherapy keytruda treatment for 8x-16x (Dependent on future situation). And now after the 3rd treatment, the result of my level cea shown going down to 20.58. Every treatment going down until 50% of level cea. I hope before I finish this treatment for 8x (now I am having 4th treatment) it will go down to NORMAL range"

Deny90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018

For Solid Tumors: "Given keytruda for metastatic epithelial pleural mesothelioma in Feb. 2017. Traditional chemotherapy did not work. Pain -- even with meds -- was a serious problem. Hope was rapidly fading. I joined a clinical trial of pembrolizumab in June 2017. The response was immediate and significant -- tumors smaller, and pain disappeared. It is now 9 months since starting pembro. My tumors continue to respond to treatment ... and hope has returned!"

Beany (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 29, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "We were hopeful and optimistic as my mother did not desire chemo or radiation to fight her cancer. Same day she received her first dose her heart began beating out of control. Had no family history of heart problems. Was admitted and died in hospital nine days later. Personally believe this drug took her life away sooner than the cancer would have if untreated. Miserable but quick end."

GoodSon (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "This medication killed my brother..."

Nancy (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My brother was diagnosed with stage 4 non small cell lung cancer. After 2 treatments of Keytruda his cancer had spread like wildfire and his health severely declined. He then tried chemo but after just 3 treatments he was too weak and was put in hospice. He passed away just 4 months after being diagnosed."

Mike’s sis (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "Came highly recommended by doc then 3 weeks later my mother passed away from this. The product does not work..even the hospice doctor said only 17% of people get cured..DO NOT GET THIS!!!! I THINK THE GOOD REVIEWS ARE FAKE!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2017

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "I have had numerous treatments over the past 18 months, now these didn't improve my general health, but that wasn't very bad at any time. I have now had 4 treatments of Keytruda & find that my general health has improved. My energy levels have certainly risen, certainly not as much tiredness as before, like l can walk 3 mile most days without any bother. Previous to starting this treatment l had great discomfort with fluid on my lung, this discomfort has now gone. I never had any side effects from getting Keytruda, me living a very normal life, long may it continue !!"

Fermanagh Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2017

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My father had Keytruda and now he is dead . Stay away from this form of treatment!!!! It does not lengthen your life it shortens it. It also stops all the good in your immunity. Please stay away from this drug!"

Tess Cathy November 17, 2017

For Colorectal Cancer: "Worked well on reducing the size of tumours in first 6 cycles. But then I started getting lots of stomach problems , and vomiting. I have lost 10kgs in weight. I have been hoping that since stopping the trial in August 2017 , the effects would go away, to date Oct 30 2017 , not so. However initially it did seem a miracle drug that the tumours respnded so well. However I have more tumours progressing now, so it clearly stopped responding."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2017

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "Had all of the requirements - PD-L1, 90% effaced, did not have the tumor mutations, 1st line of defense. Bought in to the "wonder" drug hype and it FAIL MISERABLY. Cancer metastasized. Now being treated with chemo and responding but it's too late"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2017

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Head and Neck Cancer: "I personally do not advise keytruda to anyone. I had a love one walk into the oncologist to receive this treatment and three weeks later she was wheeled back into the oncologists office, unable to walk her body was falling apart thanks to this atrocious treatment. Five weeks have gone by and she is currently laying in a hospital bed in the middle of her living room unresponsive and is thought to pass away within the next three days. Please keep loved ones away from it."

Anonymous August 24, 2017

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Melanoma, Metastatic: "I received Keytruda for about 20 months for metastatic melanoma. After the first infusion we noticed that the visible spots on my back had gotten lighter in color and softer. After over a year of scans that revealed that Keytruda was working for me, a lymph node in my chest began growing. A PET scan revealed that the spots on my back had been killed by the medication, and it had also destroyed a number of small nodules in one lung. But the lymph nodes in my chest were positive. My oncologist believes that my cancer has mutated, and Keytruda stopped working. Side effects were mild. Some mild fatigue, and at the beginning a very fine itchy rash that was not annoying at all. I just wish it had worked for me a little longer."

mrsaxde (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 20, 2017