User Reviews for Pembrolizumab

Urothelial Carcinoma

1 review 5 medications
Summary of Pembrolizumab reviews 4.3 27 reviews

Reviews for Pembrolizumab

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My husband has had seven treatments. The worse side effect has been extreme fatigue although he has continued to work full time. It affected his thyroid, and he is now taking Synthroid. He has been an insulin dependent diabetic for many years, and the Keytruda has apparently affected that also. Working with his endocrinologist to get that under control. He will have a scan done in a couple of weeks. Hopefully it will be good news. We both agree this drug is way better than undergoing chemo."

Michael's wife (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "To all of you who are taking care of your loved ones! I am a nurse who took care of my father with stage 4 lung cancer! He took this drug and this drug made his life much shorter that even not getting treatment. Shame on these pharmaceutical companies who make money at any cost. This drug can cause serious heart issues and your patient will die due to cardiac arrest than actual cancer. The drug DOES NOT work at all. Shame on these companies who fool patients with these ads on TV. This drug MUST be taken off the market."

Heidi (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My father in law took his first dose of Keytruda and after few days he felt strong pain all over his body. His heart was beating out of control. After we took him to emergency and after all scans and test the doctor confirm that was the side effect from the Keytruda. After one day in the hospital his heart was already so damaged that after less than a day he passed away. This drug took his live. This drug needs to be taken out of use and revaluated."

cabbelini (taken for less than 1 month) May 24, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Urothelial Carcinoma: "My husband died right after second dose. After the first dose he suffered very badly for next three weeks. He told the RN he is in pain but she sent him for the next does and very next morning he had severe pain all over and specially up back. I read every comment here before my husband started Keytruda but I wish I could understand this medication better. Now I know what this medication did to my husband. He lost his voice and couldn't sit, walk, talk, and he was just crying and asking what is going on?. Why is this happening to me? Your loved once could die worse than a death by cancer from cancer."

Eddie May 19, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My Mom was supposed to have three infusions. After the first, she became ill with several side effects. She was so brave and went for her second one, two days later she was in the ER with a collapse lung. Her health declined so rapidly and she passed away one month later. I honestly feel it was the Keytruda, she would have lived longer without it. Please stay away from this drug."

Dee May 10, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "Well my mom took one dose she had been tired, not much of an appetite. Have hope this will lengthen her life. We will see her when she has her scan done, hopefully it reduces."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Head and Neck Cancer: "Only had 1 infusion and it was 4 days ago. So not much to report as of yet, but I actually think I'm feeling better. The pain in my stomach and back is less than it has been"

Rebel (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My mother been on Keytruda for 6 months , is doing very well. Has had very little side effects. She has 4 stage lung and met bone cancer"

swayne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 3, 2018

For Colorectal Cancer: "I had colon cancer & metastatic at stage 3B. 1cycles=8x od Xelox was given to me but not longer working. Start from cea 27 (before did operation on my colon, there are any metastatic on 4 of my lymph node) & after finishing the xelox’s cycles the cea level going up to 510. After this treatment failed, I decide to changed my oncologist as she won't stop using xelox & I wanted to try to used keytruda pembrolizumab for 100ml/every 3 weeks. My weight 53kg. Before I started the first keytruda, I don't know why the level cea has been going down to 358. So I started from a cea 358. She has been given me 3x keytruda. She given me every /3weeks.My doctor advice me to take this immunotherapy keytruda treatment for 8x-16x (Dependent on future situation). And now after the 3rd treatment, the result of my level cea shown going down to 20.58. Every treatment going down until 50% of level cea. I hope before I finish this treatment for 8x (now I am having 4th treatment) it will go down to NORMAL range"

Deny90 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018

For Solid Tumors: "Given keytruda for metastatic epithelial pleural mesothelioma in Feb. 2017. Traditional chemotherapy did not work. Pain -- even with meds -- was a serious problem. Hope was rapidly fading. I joined a clinical trial of pembrolizumab in June 2017. The response was immediate and significant -- tumors smaller, and pain disappeared. It is now 9 months since starting pembro. My tumors continue to respond to treatment ... and hope has returned!"

Beany (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 29, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "We were hopeful and optimistic as my mother did not desire chemo or radiation to fight her cancer. Same day she received her first dose her heart began beating out of control. Had no family history of heart problems. Was admitted and died in hospital nine days later. Personally believe this drug took her life away sooner than the cancer would have if untreated. Miserable but quick end."

GoodSon (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "This medication killed my brother..."

Nancy (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My brother was diagnosed with stage 4 non small cell lung cancer. After 2 treatments of Keytruda his cancer had spread like wildfire and his health severely declined. He then tried chemo but after just 3 treatments he was too weak and was put in hospice. He passed away just 4 months after being diagnosed."

Mike’s sis (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2018

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "Came highly recommended by doc then 3 weeks later my mother passed away from this. The product does not work..even the hospice doctor said only 17% of people get cured..DO NOT GET THIS!!!! I THINK THE GOOD REVIEWS ARE FAKE!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2017

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "I have had numerous treatments over the past 18 months, now these didn't improve my general health, but that wasn't very bad at any time. I have now had 4 treatments of Keytruda & find that my general health has improved. My energy levels have certainly risen, certainly not as much tiredness as before, like l can walk 3 mile most days without any bother. Previous to starting this treatment l had great discomfort with fluid on my lung, this discomfort has now gone. I never had any side effects from getting Keytruda, me living a very normal life, long may it continue !!"

Fermanagh Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2017

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My father had Keytruda and now he is dead . Stay away from this form of treatment!!!! It does not lengthen your life it shortens it. It also stops all the good in your immunity. Please stay away from this drug!"

Tess Cathy November 17, 2017

For Colorectal Cancer: "Worked well on reducing the size of tumours in first 6 cycles. But then I started getting lots of stomach problems , and vomiting. I have lost 10kgs in weight. I have been hoping that since stopping the trial in August 2017 , the effects would go away, to date Oct 30 2017 , not so. However initially it did seem a miracle drug that the tumours respnded so well. However I have more tumours progressing now, so it clearly stopped responding."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 30, 2017

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "Had all of the requirements - PD-L1, 90% effaced, did not have the tumor mutations, 1st line of defense. Bought in to the "wonder" drug hype and it FAIL MISERABLY. Cancer metastasized. Now being treated with chemo and responding but it's too late"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2017

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Head and Neck Cancer: "I personally do not advise keytruda to anyone. I had a love one walk into the oncologist to receive this treatment and three weeks later she was wheeled back into the oncologists office, unable to walk her body was falling apart thanks to this atrocious treatment. Five weeks have gone by and she is currently laying in a hospital bed in the middle of her living room unresponsive and is thought to pass away within the next three days. Please keep loved ones away from it."

Anonymous August 24, 2017

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Melanoma, Metastatic: "I received Keytruda for about 20 months for metastatic melanoma. After the first infusion we noticed that the visible spots on my back had gotten lighter in color and softer. After over a year of scans that revealed that Keytruda was working for me, a lymph node in my chest began growing. A PET scan revealed that the spots on my back had been killed by the medication, and it had also destroyed a number of small nodules in one lung. But the lymph nodes in my chest were positive. My oncologist believes that my cancer has mutated, and Keytruda stopped working. Side effects were mild. Some mild fatigue, and at the beginning a very fine itchy rash that was not annoying at all. I just wish it had worked for me a little longer."

mrsaxde (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 20, 2017

For Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "My wife started treatment with pembrolizumab in March of this year having been told that she was an ideal candidate. The previous three years of 4 regimes of chemo and 15 sessions of radiotherapy had only managed to contain the lung tumor although the last scan before starting the immunotherapy did show a slight growth. Unfortunately since being on this treatment for the last four months the cancer has spread to her spine causing extreme pain and the lung tumor has also "mildly" increased in size. My wife is now waiting to start a course of radiotherapy to treat her spine, in the hope this will help reduce the pain, followed by a further regime of chemo."

Sandyby (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2017

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Head and Neck Cancer: "My good friend started Keytruda in the beginning of the year after all other treatments failed for his adrenal cancer. He looked terrible and lost over 30 pounds and he looked like he has a month or two to live. Keytruda and shrunk his two tumors dramatically and thanks to Merck my friend is still alive."

Emilysdad (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 12, 2017

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: "After second dose, my brother started to have an internal bleeding that never stopped until he died a week later. DO NOT use this drug, it pushes up your immune system to the level that it starts to attack all body and making a lot of damage to the Healthy non-cancer related cells. I hope they completely withdraw this drug from the market."

JusticeforSam August 4, 2017

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Melanoma, Metastatic: "Have been on Keytruda since January 2017, have completed my first 12 weeks treatment. Main side effect has been the fatigue. After 12 weeks had PET scan, results came back that the melanoma has been stopped from spreading. My melanoma had been vey aggressive, it was making new tumours within 10 days, so this treatment has been positive, as nothing new has come up in three months. We will see what the next three months brings."

Loulynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2017

Keytruda (pembrolizumab) for Melanoma, Metastatic: "Excellent drug that saved my husbands life from Melanoma, the worse side effect was the increased liver enzymes and brain swelling, eventually he had to stop the drug. Still going strong today! Great drug with tolerable side effects thank you"

adgio February 25, 2017