User Reviews for Pembrolizumab to treat Melanoma, Metastatic

Also known as: Keytruda

Pembrolizumab has an average rating of 6.5 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings for the treatment of Melanoma, Metastatic. 64% of those users who reviewed Pembrolizumab reported a positive effect, while 29% reported a negative effect.

Pembrolizumab Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Melanoma, Metastatic.

21% 3
36% 5
21% 3

Reviews for Pembrolizumab

Raven · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2021

Keytruda (pembrolizumab): “My mother died on Keytruda.”

Tall Paul · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 2, 2021

“Had stage 4 melanoma diagnosed more than 3 years ago. The scan showed 7 tumors in different parts of my body including lungs, kidney and gall bladder with the largest measuring 7cm. After 2 years treatment with pembrolizumab all have gone. My side effects were minimal with the odd rash being the biggest problem.”

Small town Iowan. · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 16, 2020

Keytruda (pembrolizumab): “I've had melanoma cancer 4 times. This time stage 4 melanoma in liver. I've used keytruda twice, once in 2015 and now in 2020. In 2015 I had to quit after 8 treatments due to kidney damage and lots of gland problems. In February of this year melanoma spread to liver. I was told I had six months to live without treatment. I went back on Keytruda and have had some side effects but nothing like the first time and Im pretty sure its because of prednisone. I'm going in for my 10th treatment this week. I had two tumors with one shrinking in size and intensity. Other hasn't changed.”

paused treatment · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 26, 2020

Keytruda (pembrolizumab): “Stage 3C melanoma, tumor was removed with lymph nodes and put on Keytruda, after each treatment I've had side effects, diarrhea, after the 2nd treatment the lymph nodes in my lungs were enlarged and made it very difficult to breath I should have gone to the hospital, along with the dizziness, confusion, loss of memory, my thyroid got way out of wack, I have been put on steroids and the keytruda has been put on hold. So far it has been VERY difficult, this shows that the side effects are different for each person.”

Luckyboy · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 17, 2020

Keytruda (pembrolizumab): “On Keytruda 15 months after op to remove Stage 4 melanoma near Duodenum with three other tumours identified subsequent PET scan. Later advised by my GP that I had about 6-12 months had treatment been unsuccessful. The tumours had disappeared within 12 months and last two PET scans clear and showing compete response. Staying on treatment as specialist advised cancer had 50/50 chance of returning. Only major side effect was Adrenal gland knocked out so I take a daily tablet to correct that problem. A wonder drug as far as I'm concerned.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 25, 2020

Keytruda (pembrolizumab): “Quality of life vs quantity. My mom took Keytruda for 2 years, lots of minor side effects. 2 weeks after treatments ended, she was hospitalized with pancreatitis, 4 days later had a major stoke due to a-fib, 3 weeks later, sudden onset diabetes at 86 years old! If we had known this drug would have caused her immune system to turn on her own organs in these ways, we would have taken our chances without it. She is now existing, not living, with caretakers 24/7. And melanoma continues it’s spread, latest find is in the skull. So basically Keytruda did zero but cause her a horrible existence. Would NOT recommend!!”

TheSunShines · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 27, 2020

Keytruda (pembrolizumab): “I have stage 4 Melanoma and have just finished two years of Keytruda following a metastasis to my bowel. Thankfully, living in the Uk our NHS covered the cost of it. During this time, I had no side effects other than fatigue which I managed at home. Recent scans have been clear so for me, I am more than happy with this drug.”

Anonymous January 15, 2020

Keytruda (pembrolizumab): “My dad had cancer and was told to try Keytruda, he passed away 1 week after treatment and he was fine the week before. This drug is bad.”

Goodolmum · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 28, 2019

Keytruda (pembrolizumab): “Feb 2019 I have a metastatic melanoma wrapped around 2 nerves at the top of my spine. Inoperable. With the pain in my neck and shoulder blade I thought it was caused by Dr pulling me around after Open Heart Surgery in August 2018. Lucky I have a great GP who sent me to a Neurosurgeon after scans. Started on Immunotherapy in May. Have had my 11th Keytruda treatment. Side effects have been different each time. Thyroid is under control with medication now. Have been through droopy eyelids, husky voice, runny nose, aching bones, itchy skin etc., all of which have cleared up in time then come back occasionally except itchy skin. Both my PET Scans tell me I’m in remission. I just feel very lucky I am able to have this Keytruda treatment for however long it takes. Hoping it will prolong my life. Only problem I’m having is the damage it has done to a bone in my spine which is very painful and medication helps.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 4, 2019

Keytruda (pembrolizumab): “I had a melanoma on my back, six years later on my lung and three months later on my brain, all successfully removed. I have been on keytruda for 12 months, minimal side effects , scans all clear to date.”

mrsaxde · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 20, 2017

Keytruda (pembrolizumab): “I received Keytruda for about 20 months for metastatic melanoma. After the first infusion we noticed that the visible spots on my back had gotten lighter in color and softer. After over a year of scans that revealed that Keytruda was working for me, a lymph node in my chest began growing. A PET scan revealed that the spots on my back had been killed by the medication, and it had also destroyed a number of small nodules in one lung. But the lymph nodes in my chest were positive. My oncologist believes that my cancer has mutated, and Keytruda stopped working. Side effects were mild. Some mild fatigue, and at the beginning a very fine itchy rash that was not annoying at all. I just wish it had worked for me a little longer.”

Loulynn · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2017

Keytruda (pembrolizumab): “Have been on Keytruda since January 2017, have completed my first 12 weeks treatment. Main side effect has been the fatigue. After 12 weeks had PET scan, results came back that the melanoma has been stopped from spreading. My melanoma had been vey aggressive, it was making new tumours within 10 days, so this treatment has been positive, as nothing new has come up in three months. We will see what the next three months brings.”

adgio February 25, 2017

Keytruda (pembrolizumab): “Excellent drug that saved my husbands life from Melanoma, the worse side effect was the increased liver enzymes and brain swelling, eventually he had to stop the drug. Still going strong today! Great drug with tolerable side effects thank you”

Melanoma Mama December 13, 2016

Keytruda (pembrolizumab): “Have Stage 4 metastatic melanoma. Started on Keytruda after new metastasis showed up. After 2nd infusion, side effects started to become very painful - lots of muscle and joint pain, couldn't move my arms hardly. Also have a lot of nerve issues in my arms and hands. When I went for my 3rd infusion (they're done every 3 weeks) my oncologist said I needed to stop treatment and start on a steroid to calm down my immune system, which Keytruda revs up into high gear to go after the melanoma. It's been two weeks on Prednisone, and the side effects from the Keytruda are still strong, so I can't resume treatment and still have to stay on the steroid. Bummer, because it actually made the tumor on my leg disappear, which Ipi (Yervoy) didn't.”

Learn more about Melanoma, Metastatic