User Reviews for Nintedanib

Brand names: Ofev

Nintedanib has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings on Drugs.com. 63% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 13% reported a negative experience.

Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
7.6
Chronic Fibrosing Interstitial Lung Disease With A Progressive Phenotype
Systemic Sclerosis-Associated Interstitial Lung Disease

dibbles · Taken for 1 to 2 years · April 8, 2018

Ofev (nintedanib) for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis "I started taking it 18 months ago, when came on PBS. I had been diagnosed 18 months prior to that but trials etc said I was not a good candidate for their results they wished to show. My last H CT showed it had stabilised"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 7, 2022

Ofev (nintedanib) for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis "I have been on Ofev 150 mg twice daily about 7-8 weeks. Mild abdominal pain, diarrhea, most days several watery stools severe enough I don't leave the house. Mild headaches. Breathing does seem better, cough is much better. I have not had repeat testing done."

James · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 28, 2022

Ofev (nintedanib) for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis "I was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis and have been on OFEV for two months +. I had a chronic cough and a persistent hack. I was prescribed to take a pill in the morning with food and another pill in the evening with food. I did NOT have the side effect of diarrhea. My biggest issue was sudden nausea and vomiting - I would have to run for the toilet........... !! The good news is that my cough is mostly gone - but to deal with the nausea - I have reduced the dosage to 1/2 pill in the morning and 1/2 pill in the evening. Still have an occasional bought of coughing but over all - I am doing much better."

KANSAS CITY · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 21, 2021

Ofev (nintedanib) for Chronic Fibrosing Interstitial Lung Disease With A Progressive Phenotype "Started taking this 2 months ago @150mg, 2xday. It has got rid of my appetite and taste. I get mild nausea and some headaches. Worst of it is that I have horrible fatigue. I was feeling fairly well before lung biopsy and starting Ofev. Energy was good with minimal shortness of breath. Now I wake up exhausted. DR considering lowering my dose. I can't yet say if the medicine has been effective til my next scan."

Kudavach · March 22, 2021

Ofev (nintedanib) for Chronic Fibrosing Interstitial Lung Disease With A Progressive Phenotype "Have been on OFEV 3 months. I didn’t have any side effects until after my gastric sleeve surgery in February. Now experiencing diarrhea and nausea almost daily. Don’t know if it’s from OFEV or gastric surgery. Pulmonary function seems to be better."

Pal · Taken for 1 to 2 years · March 16, 2021

Ofev (nintedanib) for Systemic Sclerosis-Associated Interstitial Lung Disease "I have systemic sclerosis and silicosis, I take 2160 mg of myfortic each day and have been on Ofev for about 18 months 150 mg 2x per day. Oxygen at night and during exertion. Surprised I have a stomach left between both of these drugs. The myfortic has stopped the schleroderma and despite the side effects has helped tremendously. The jury is still out on Ofev. My morning coughing has diminished since taking Ofev but lung function generally remains unchanged. Definitely have gastro intestinal side effects from both drugs but it's better than dying in a few years. I can still work and will retire in about 2 years."

Texsardo · Taken for 2 to 5 years · June 22, 2020

For Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis "Diagnosed Jan 2016 by biopsy for IPF. Started on OFEV March 2016 twice a day. I am 67 and pretty healthy otherwise. I go to gym twice a week. Still active around house. Use oxygen only when I have over exerted myself. My O2 sats have levelled off at 94, can't hear crackling in my lungs as bad as it was 2 years ago and my Pulmonologist is very pleased with my PFT results this year. I seem to have greatly slowed any worsening of symptoms. I think OFEV and exercise has given me extended life expectancy."

Anonymous · June 9, 2022

For Chronic Fibrosing Interstitial Lung Disease With A Progressive Phenotype "I was receiving immunotherapy until recently, that was working very well & stopped working. I'm now receiving Nintedanib generally feeling very quiet horrible and a little bit out of it. The breathlessness is very disabling find it hard to do things. I have now developed a cough and have lost my sense of smell and taste. Also I'm now unable to walk my Dog"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 23, 2022

Ofev (nintedanib) for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis "Terrible side effects, debilitating to me. For the price I would hope that the side effects would be much less."