User Reviews for Nintedanib

Also known as: Ofev

Nintedanib has an average rating of 8.8 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings on Drugs.com. 75% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Chronic Fibrosing Interstitial Lung Disease With A Progressive Phenotype
Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis
10.0
Systemic Sclerosis-Associated Interstitial Lung Disease
Summary of Nintedanib reviews 8.8 5 reviews

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

dibbles · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 8, 2018

Ofev (nintedanib) for Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis: “I started taking it 18 months ago, when came on PBS. I had been diagnosed 18 months prior to that but trials etc said I was not a good candidate for their results they wished to show. My last H CT showed it had stabilised”

Pal · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 16, 2021

Ofev (nintedanib) for Systemic Sclerosis-Associated Interstitial Lung Disease: “I have systemic sclerosis and silicosis, I take 2160 mg of myfortic each day and have been on Ofev for about 18 months 150 mg 2x per day. Oxygen at night and during exertion. Surprised I have a stomach left between both of these drugs. The myfortic has stopped the schleroderma and despite the side effects has helped tremendously. The jury is still out on Ofev. My morning coughing has diminished since taking Ofev but lung function generally remains unchanged. Definitely have gastro intestinal side effects from both drugs but it's better than dying in a few years. I can still work and will retire in about 2 years.”

KANSAS CITY · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 21, 2021

Ofev (nintedanib) for Chronic Fibrosing Interstitial Lung Disease With A Progressive Phenotype: “Started taking this 2 months ago @150mg, 2xday. It has got rid of my appetite and taste. I get mild nausea and some headaches. Worst of it is that I have horrible fatigue. I was feeling fairly well before lung biopsy and starting Ofev. Energy was good with minimal shortness of breath. Now I wake up exhausted. DR considering lowering my dose. I can't yet say if the medicine has been effective til my next scan.”

Kudavach March 22, 2021

Ofev (nintedanib) for Chronic Fibrosing Interstitial Lung Disease With A Progressive Phenotype: “Have been on OFEV 3 months. I didn’t have any side effects until after my gastric sleeve surgery in February. Now experiencing diarrhea and nausea almost daily. Don’t know if it’s from OFEV or gastric surgery. Pulmonary function seems to be better.”

Texsardo · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 22, 2020

For Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis: “Diagnosed Jan 2016 by biopsy for IPF. Started on OFEV March 2016 twice a day. I am 67 and pretty healthy otherwise. I go to gym twice a week. Still active around house. Use oxygen only when I have over exerted myself. My O2 sats have levelled off at 94, can't hear crackling in my lungs as bad as it was 2 years ago and my Pulmonologist is very pleased with my PFT results this year. I seem to have greatly slowed any worsening of symptoms. I think OFEV and exercise has given me extended life expectancy.”