User Reviews for Moxifloxacin ophthalmic to treat Conjunctivitis, Bacterial

Also known as: Vigamox, Moxeza

Moxifloxacin ophthalmic has an average rating of 5.8 out of 10 from a total of 18 ratings for the treatment of Conjunctivitis, Bacterial. 44% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 39% reported a negative effect.

Moxifloxacin ophthalmic Rating Summary

5.8/10 average rating

Compare all 60 medications used in the treatment of Conjunctivitis, Bacterial.

Reviews for Moxifloxacin ophthalmic

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2015

Vigamox (moxifloxacin): “This is the worst eye drop I have ever experienced. My eyes are dry, itchy, I want to scratch. Extremely red eyes, very dizzy, blurred vision, pain, constant watering of eyes, burning, very light sensitive, unable to even have house light on, blurred vision after putting drops in. I have stopped taking it and going back to doctor to try something different.”

Remy123 January 30, 2017

Vigamox (moxifloxacin): “I have difficulties using prescription eyedrops because most contain a preservative called benzalkonium chloride that I'm allergic too - my eyes get red, irritated and burn. This eye drop does not have the preservative. It was a life saver for my conjunctivitis! Within 2 days it started to clear up - the drops were easily tolerated.”

Myrthfui · Taken for less than 1 month June 1, 2020

Vigamox (moxifloxacin): “My eye did swell when I used these eyedrops. It was scary and painful. I don't know why the symptoms list eye swelling under incidents unknown because it happened to me, and I reported it to the prescribing doctor.”

Iyade · Taken for less than 1 month December 21, 2017

Vigamox (moxifloxacin): “I received it for secondary bacterial infected Epidemic keratoconjunctivitis (EKC) adenoviral and it is irritating to both eyes after use for 5 days whole eye was swollen and by slit lamp there was large epithelial defects marginal then central and no improvement until stopping this drug , my ophthalmologist told me it was strange reaction so he decided to stop it that was time I got some relief , any body has same experience?”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2019

“I am using APOTEX moxifloxacin following cataract surgery. The squeeze bottle is made of hard plastic and is almost impossible to squeeze. Consequently I have bumped my eye ball with it multiple times while trying to get the drop into my eye. This is a terrible brand for elderly fingers to manage.”

Glenn G. · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2018

“After one dose my eye got much worse. The discharge increased significantly after the dose, my eye got much redder and it felt like I had something in my eye. My eye looked swollen. I went to Urgent Care and was prescribed Polymyxin B Sulfate and Trimethoprim Ophthalmic Solution which cleared up my eye within 2 days.”

Roja5860 · Taken for less than 1 month April 27, 2017

Vigamox (moxifloxacin): “Have only been using now for 1 full day, and have not notice much, I no longer have pain in my eye, not as watery but still red at the bottom of my bottom lid. Will continue to use and see what happens!”

Millicent · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2020

“I had this moxifloxacin eyedrop prescribed to prevent infection while my corneal abrasion heals. It seems to be working fine, no sign of infection so far. I have very sensitive eyes, so I was wary of side effects, but experienced nothing special so far besides symptoms expected from the abrasion itself. I had mild headache, I've been tearing up a lot and had irritation in my eye - but that just as well can be the result of the injury.”

Trescher February 16, 2010

Vigamox (moxifloxacin): “This is the one medication I can rely on to clear up my conjunctivitis. It is fast and effective.”

Anonymous July 31, 2009

Vigamox (moxifloxacin): “Seems to be working fine.”

Minpinglenn November 17, 2012

Moxeza (moxifloxacin): “The medication worked well. It does burn after application.”

steven jackson October 2, 2011

Moxeza (moxifloxacin): “It helped my eyes when I went had an eye infection.”

Sufarah July 3, 2016

Vigamox (moxifloxacin): “It's worse .pain,redness,sensitive to lights headeach and more side effects. I use it for two days.”

TG · Taken for less than 1 month January 6, 2020

“The small moxifloxacin bottle is so hard to squeeze, there's a chance of dropping it. Doesn't the manufacturer have quality control? Shouldn't be so difficult to administer a drop.”

jelica77 August 25, 2016

Vigamox (moxifloxacin): “instant relief compared to ointment in the eye.”

Mickey1212 · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2016

Vigamox (moxifloxacin): “This stuff is awesome. My Pink eye was the Bacterial type and Vigamox cleared up in 3 days”

No nickname October 11, 2015

Vigamox (moxifloxacin): “Been on it for 3 days and so far no improvement”

anbarasan kanagasabai 422 December 19, 2016

“I am very sensitive to sunlight. In sunlight I cannot see anything. My problem is improving but sometimes in sunlight vision is difficult and i also have headaches”

Anonymous April 15, 2016

“The bottle tip of your product is too pointed ,will you please improve to a rounder shape.”

Learn more about Conjunctivitis, Bacterial