User Reviews for Medium chain triglycerides to treat Dietary Supplementation

Also known as: MCT

Medium chain triglycerides has an average rating of 2.9 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings for the treatment of Dietary Supplementation. 21% of those users who reviewed Medium chain triglycerides reported a positive effect, while 79% reported a negative effect.

Medium chain triglycerides Rating Summary

2.9/10 average rating

Compare all 215 medications used in the treatment of Dietary Supplementation.

Reviews for Medium chain triglycerides

Patricarbel · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 7, 2020

“I use COCONUToil on my bread, and in cooking. I do NOT use Concentrated MCT. I feel good now. I use this COCONUT butter since more than 1 year. I buy ORGANIC coconut oil, in glass, never in plastic.”

LBI · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2020

“I used MCT oil in my coffee for four months and wish I had never done it. I had severe anxiety every day, which I had never had prior to the keto coffee. I also had withdrawals symptoms once I decided to come off the the MCT oil and was in bed frequently with a pounding headache and shakes. The last and major thing that happened is that after stopping the MCT oil, I have daily migraines and am on medication to manage them. Wish I had never done it just to loose 10 lbs.”

Jodie Whitney · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2020

“I took a tiny sample of MCT oil (bulletproof) in my coffee yesterday. Took it on an empty stomach. Within 5 minutes of drinking the coffee, I experienced severe cramping, dizziness, a blackout that caused me to pass out on my kitchen floor and hit my head....and vomiting. This was all followed by diarrhea and abdominal cramping that lasted for 6 hours or until I finally took Pepto Bismul. And then I was just left with nausea. I tremendously regret taking the oil before doing well rounded research. I understand it doesn’t effect everyone the same, but it was a seriously traumatic experience for me and I hope anyone considering taking it for the first time reads this and takes heed.”

KayBee · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 15, 2018

MCT (medium chain triglycerides): “I took teaspoon daily for a month. Within 5 days noticed marked improvement in muscle fatigue and pain. Also rid of mental fog and weakness. Easy to take in combination with powdered supplement and managed evening fat intake. At 30 day blood testing triglycerides were back within normal range.”

Sunshine08 · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2020

“I just started taking 1/2 teaspoon medium chain triglycerides within last week coffee and feel more energetic! I had shoulder/muscle pain where I couldn’t lift my left arm up past my shoulder, now I can and pain has lessened! Told my doctor and she said to continue using! I haven’t had my cholesterol levels checked (taking cholesterol med) but hoping for better results! I will post after longer use of the oil. So far I love this MCT oil. Hoping it continues to work!”

Elle April 17, 2019

“Took MCT oil along with heavy cream in bulletproof coffee as advised by an uncertified personal trainer. Felt okay for the first 2 days, then experienced nausea, severe heartburn, intense upper stomach cramping, liver/gallbladder pain. No diarrhea, but ill enough to miss 2 days of work. Went back to my regular coffee with no MCT oil and felt fine. Promptly tossed the MCT oil in the trash.”

Lauren · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2019

“1/2 tsp first time using it. Within a half hour I was throwing up, burning up to the point I took my clothes off laying on the floor felt like I was dying. Bad stomach pain and diarrhea. Had to take the day off work. Finally felt better a few hours later.”

The bard · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 28, 2019

MCT (medium chain triglycerides): “Bought a very expensive powder MCT additive from one of the shopping channels by one of the doctors who is supposed to be the best. It took me 2 cups to figure out that it made me violently ill with a leftover stomachache for the rest of the day. On those days I received no benefits that I was aware of, and was feeling poorly upper bellyache most of the day and into the next day. I left weeks between trying them and it always happened immediately. Sent the whole thing back.”

Don’t take this · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2020

“I took 2 teaspoons in a cup of tea, But I think I should have taken 2 to 3 drops only (read it wrong) 2 hours later I had ringing noise in my ears, I felt an awful panic feeling, I started shaking loads and went freezing cold, my heart was beating so loud I think the neighbours could hear it!! I went white as a sheet and my eye balls were popping out my head, my mouth was so dry too, Couldn’t walk either hardly, 2 hours and it slowly went, I then experienced the weirdest dreams ever and woke up talking out loud every hour, tried 3 drops in tea 3 days later and did the same but not quite as severe thank goodness!! so omg I will never take this stuff again, going in the bin”

Kari · Taken for less than 1 month December 7, 2019

“I started taking MCT (medium chain triglycerides) and within a couple of hours I thought it was the end of me! The stomach pain was the most intense I have ever felt! I threw up for hours until the MCT was out of my system. I am taking what I have left back to Costco for a full refund!”

Deb · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2019

MCT (medium chain triglycerides): “Broke out in a rash and developed a deep hacking cough as soon as I started using this supplement. Doctors could not find cause of rash but the symptoms started shortly after I began taking MCT oil regularly.”

Shag · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2020

“Took 4 to 5 drops in a smoothie and I totally regret it. I'm in horrible pain. My abdomen is killing me, the diarrhea never stops and smells foul. I won't ever use it again. They're not kidding when they say "can cause G.I. discomfort".”

Ya · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

MCT (medium chain triglycerides): “Made me extremely anxious, panic attack, I had a tsp of MCT cocoa 8 am and at 8 pm I am still a nervous wreck with nausea and dizziness, I cant wait until this is over, never taking this again!”

Rydan · Taken for less than 1 month November 14, 2017

MCT (medium chain triglycerides): “took it for two weeks, after a week started getting sick as a dog. foul stomach, diarrhea, tired. can't wait to stop using it...”

kim3731 · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2018

MCT (medium chain triglycerides): “Beer Belly”

More about medium chain triglycerides

Other brands