User Reviews for Saxenda to treat Weight Loss

Saxenda Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Saxenda

"This medication was like poison to me causing extreme vomiting and diarrhoea."

Jopat (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2019

"I started saxenda 3 weeks ago and I just gain weight. Why?"

MARU February 18, 2019

"I have been on Saxenda 2 days on 0.6 dosage however yesterday (the 2nd day) I had such severe abdominal pains I could not stand up. I was on the bathroom floor crying in pain I had to text a friend my address so they could buy me and drop me off pain killers. The pain subsided after 2 hours and a lot of painkillers. I have not taken a dosage today as I have done research now that indicated I could have damaged my pancreas taking Saxender. There is a plethora of information online indicating that there have been lawsuits against the makers of this drug and its previous sister drug for its direct links to Thyroid and Pancreatic cancer. Please be very careful taking this medication. If you have any severe abdominal pains STOP taking it. You're life is worth more than your weight while there are many other medications available to lose weight without such severe affects. I will now switch to something else or try a much more intense diet and exercise regime."

C Stev February 13, 2019

"I began using Saxenda in April of 2018, and continue to use it. It's been very useful for me, I've lost 45 lbs and have kept it off. I did not experience nausea, or any other side affects. I highly recommend it. I would have given it a 10, but I am getting very tired of sticking myself everyday."

Marie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 11, 2019

"Started using pen 2 days ago, I’ve already lost 4lbs, which I can’t believe! No craving or appetite. Having to remind myself to eat, little amounts and no junk foods! I’m quite active I train 4-5 times a week so looking forward to see my results. I have had nausea and vomited but today I was fine. Definitely glad I started this"

BB (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2019

"Not worth it! Not only is it ridiculously expensive and none of my health care plans will cover any costs, the side effects were horrible. Extreme fatigue, stomach ache s(that caused any weight loss cause I felt to sick to eat) plus I felt dizzy most of the time. Having 2 small kids it wasn’t safe for me to function this way. I’ve found the best way for me to lose weight was adapt to eating similar to KETO and regular exercise. I lost 3 lbs on Saxenda in one month and since eating better with exercise last month I lost 8 lbs."

HSM4 January 31, 2019

"Hi there..been on Saxenda now for 2.5 months...have lost near to 10 lbs, slow but not unhappy. I have had many side effects which started with taking dose in the AM, vomited and spent the whole day in bed. Switched to taking at bedtime and added Gravol..that helped a lot. Now have headaches, constipation and now after all this time experiencing severe abdominal cramps with days of severe diarrhea..! Have very little drive to do anything as I always seem to be tired!..I am going to persevere through this box and see how it goes.."

Annie70 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2019

"I started taking Saxenda on November 16, 2018. My doctor warned me I might experience some nausea the first, but if I could tolerate it to keep taking the medicine. Boy, that was an understatement. During the first week of taking Saxenda, I felt like I was going to die. I had extreme nausea, diarrhea and fatigue. I had absolutely zero energy and had to take off from work for the week! But after the first two weeks the symptoms subsided. Currently, I am eating around 1,000 - 1,200 cal a day. I have zero appetite and zero cravings (which is new for me). I am down 25 pounds in two months. Although I'm still very fatigued I will continue to take Saxenda and feel that the side effects in the beginning are worth it if you have a substantial amount of weight to lose."

Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 25, 2019

"Saxenda made my menstruation start again after 1 1/2 yrs of no cycle at all. I'm disappointed because I felt this would be good for me."

Feeling sad (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2019

"I started out taking Ozempic in August but my doctor ran out of samples and put me on Sexenda in October. I have lost a total of 50lbs. I started at 297lbs and now I am down to 247lbs. I love sexenda. I was supposed to have the gastric bypass in January, because of health, but because of sexenda I don't have to have the surgery."

Ramsey (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2019

"Hi...I am female age 48, gaining weight through the menopause phase, and out of control blood pressure . My physician gave me the sample packet of Saxenda just over a week ago, started me at a dose of 0.6, and so far no major side effects. I did have a little nausea on the first day then again yesterday when I increased my dosage. Stepped on the scale this morning, and went from 182lb down to 175lb, so 7 pounds. Will continue to take it and update on my progress."

SpanishGirl (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2019

"I am 5'1", 42 years old and weighed 160 at doctor's office. The first day I took Saxenda, I also started my Cymbalta. So some of my side effects could have been either one BUT I know that I could NOT eat any food the first 2 days. Forced a cracker down my throat day 1 and day 2 tried some soup and it tasted ODD. Usually my biggest cravings are sugars and I have had ZERO cravings for them in the 3 weeks I have been on it. First week I lost 8 pounds. Second week I lost 3 pounds. After the first week, I am feeling good. No more nausea. I started with .6 and now I am 1.2 and tomorrow is 1.8. I didn't feel any difference on 1.2. I can't eat as much as I use to or I will feel "full" or "sick". I am a fast eater and this medicine has been able to help me know when I am getting full. I will literally drop my food and say I AM FULL. It hurts to eat more. I take in the morning. Yes, I have felt a little tired but nothing extreme. I have a small bout of depression at the moment, so it could be that."

Kari M January 2, 2019

"I have been on saxenda for about 3 weeks. I have just went off the low dose to the next level. I'm 5,6 46 years old and starting weight was 200 pounds. However I'm struggling with eating. I say struggling because I literally can't get through half my meal. I cant stand certain smells. If I attempt to make myself eat, I feel like I'm going to throw up. I think I'm going to go back to minimal dose. On the upside it does help with cravings and I feel like I have lost some weight. This site has helped reading other reviews, knowing I'm not the only one. Has anyone gone off it, was it hard to, any side effects?"

Anonymous December 30, 2018

"I started Saxenda on 10/30/18, I’m 5”7 and weighed 225 lbs, today I weigh 207 lbs."

Skinny girl December 18, 2018

"I’ve lost 14 kg with no side effects. Really worked for me, but you have to eat less and exercise more. Amazing drug. Changed my body shape"

Working mum (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2018

"I started saxenda 4 days ago now and it is great. Beginning weight 193 lbs and today 188 lbs. My appetite has significantly reduced. Not much side effects only slight headache for a short period. However, I haven't had any sugar or fatty foods. My meals are consistently veggies, protien shakes, some fish and chicken, all cooked without fats and oils. I also take multivitamins and probiotics everyday, so I haven't experienced any weak or lethargic feelings. I used to drink 4 to 5 cups of coffee everyday. Now barely finished one. I will update as the weeks go by."

Marciab December 13, 2018

"I started on December 1st, I’m 25 5’5 and my starting weight was 206lb and I’m down to 201lb in 2 weeks without exercise. It has drastically cut my hunger though I could and will start eating a little bit more healthy. I have only really experienced nausea and depending on what I ate (greasy foods) I would feel nauseous as well. But over all I’m pretty happy with the progress and am hoping to see more as I start eating more healthy and working out."

Ontario (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2018

"I started at 0.6 as instructed. Every week I increased by 0.6. My pen ran out by the third week so I needed a second one before reaching the full dose of 3.0. The cost with the discount card is $50, plus $30 for 90 needles. I’m tracking my meals with LOSE IT (app), weighing every Saturday and, doing Bikram Yoga 2-3 times a week. I started at 177.4 three weeks ago and weighed 173 this morning. I eat 1200 to 1300 calories and I AM SO FULL (just with the 1.2 dose) but could do 1400 calories easily on the 0.6 dose. I highly recommend limiting COFFEE, CARBONATED DRINKS, or RICH/SPICY foods. I am extremely uncomfortable or even vomit/experience extreme diarrhea if I eat as I am accustomed. At 5’6” I feel best at 144 lbs. After several consecutive life stressors I gained 40 lbs in the course of three years. Saxenda is THE ONLY COURSE OF ACTION to assist me with chronic cravings and feelings of hunger or deprivation."

Jax November 29, 2018

"I lost 45lbs and have been on this drug for 6 months. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism Hashimoto auto immune disease. Started weight 190 and new weight 145."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

"Well this is my 3rd and final update. I had to leave the saxenda alone. I was on it a year and a half. Lost 75lbs. Well I was experiencing stomach pains which end up getting so bad I had to go to emergency. I had gallstones and mild liver damage. Jaundice the whole 9 yards. Caused by saxenda. These were one of the RARE side effects and I was one of the lucky people to experience it. I spent a total of 10 days in the hospital. The end of September and the month of October was rough for me. My liver enzymes were off the charts. I am ok now, gallbladder removed and liver enzymes are back to normal. So I'm letting you guys know this so that you are aware. Have your doctor check your liver enzymes and make sure you're good. I hate to have to leave it alone because it worked well but I need my liver. Good luck and get your blood checked (liver enzymes) from time to time."

Dee313 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 12, 2018

"Just started yesterday. headache and bloating today. It's early in know. I will keep reporting .."

steve (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

"I’m a 44 year old 5’3” female. I started saxenda last week at 233 lbs and today weighed at 227. I have been amazed to watch 1.5 - .5 lbs go every day. My appetite isn’t 100% gone but when I start to eat I can’t finish anything! Before this drug my appetite was insatiable. I’m not really having any side effects other than not being hungry. On day 3 I decided to go ahead and increase from .6 to 1.2. I was tolerating it fine and and am desperate for results. Right now this seems like a miracle."

Sly1974 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

"I have started Saxenda the first day I had no appetite taking it but the second-6th day I am eating as I normally would. I’m trying to eat healthier but it isn’t suppressing my appetite. I just feel the same as normal I tried upping my dose today from 0.6 to 1.2 but still just felt the same way I would not if I was not on Saxenda and had my normal appetite. I'm not sure if this is me being able to tolerate it I’m worried it won’t work as I am not feeling the appetite suppressing benefits:("

Smithyo99 (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2018

"I've been on it a week. I took the advice of many here and I dose at night, before bed. The only side effect I can say I've had is a funny taste in my mouth every now and again. Don't know that will change once I up the dose. I've lost a pound at the lowest dose. Had a small breakfast this morning and at about 6, I realized I had completely forgotten to eat again. Looking forward to losing more and am confident I will."

Ginjer (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2018

"I started Saxenda Friday 12, 2018 and I am having some horrible side effects that I ended up calling my pharmacist to see if these symptoms get better over time. severe gas indigestion acid reflux (which woke me up in the night almost throwing up) nausea I haven't noticed much of an appetite change yet, but then again I probably can't seem to get passed the other symptoms to notice the others. I was told that the symptoms will improve over time, I just hope before I give up, I am pretty miserable right now. I will keep you posted on my progress. I am very fortunate that both of my insurances paied 100% on Saxenda so I hope I can make it through the symptoms."

Welb98 (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2018