User Reviews for Saxenda to treat Weight Loss

Saxenda has an average rating of 7.5 out of 10 from a total of 448 ratings for the treatment of Weight Loss. 66% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 16% reported a negative experience.

Saxenda rating summary

7.5/10 average rating

Compare all 25 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Saxenda

Bassgirl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · January 22, 2021

“I started taking Saxenda April 2019. I was 273 lbs, lost over 90 lbs and am still keeping it off. It is a whole different life for me. I used to avoid going down the stairs to do laundry, but now don't even think about it. We got a 66 lb dog and I walk him twice a day and get in 6000 to 10000 steps a day. I am very thankful to my P.A. for telling me about it. I really lost 1/3 of my weight. I have been off Saxenda for about a year now.”

Erica · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 5, 2021

“I’ve been on Saxenda since 1/5/21 and I have lost 40 pounds in two months! This is a miracle drug! I’ve been trying to lose weight for years now because I gained SO much weight in college. You can say I definitely gained the “freshman 50”. Once I graduated college in 2013 I tried every kind of diet from WW to Jenny Craig to diet shakes and that never worked. My mom told me about this injection and it’s honestly changed my life! I definitely recommend this injection if you have a really hard time loosing weight. I will say you definitely need to exercise for 30 minutes at least twice a week but you don’t have to do more than that. I am so happy and feel so great! I wish you all the best of luck, you won’t regret it!!!!”

Happy · January 2, 2021

“I started Saxenda on Oct. 15, 2020 and have easily lost 20 pounds. I have remained on the initial dose of 0.6 because any higher dosage and I was horribly nauseous and vomiting. Most notable for anyone who enjoys cocktails and wine (not to excess) is that I have almost an aversion to this. Smaller meals, no need to snack, increased walking and I feel great. 10 more pounds to go and not in any hurry. The fact that I can achieve these results at the lowest dosage also makes me happy!”

BigSmoke999 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 11, 2021

“I started using Saxenda on June 2. I am 43 years old and my starting was 87.8kg. My height is 172 cm and I’m very athletic. For the past to years my weight started to slowly escalate from 73 kg to 87.8 kg . I’m not sure if that is due to hypothyroidism or age but in either case I wasn’t very happy because no matter how much I was working out or dieting, my would would increase . My doctor recommended Saxenda and honestly it’s been the best thing that ever happened to me. I just started my 1.2 dose and to date I have lost 4 kg (9 days) My appetite decreased dramatically, I basically drink lots of fluids ( juice and water) and bread is strictly out of the menu… I don’t crave it at all! I hope to get back to my ideal weight (70kg). I can’t wait to get my old body back ❤️. I will post another update soon”

Povi · Taken for less than 1 month · April 18, 2021

“I'm on my 19th day. I have been on 1.2 now for 3 days I stayed on 0.6 while the nausea settled a bit. I am having some nausea still but have only recently increased the drug dose. The 2nd night I woke up at 2am and threw up, that was the only time though. The ongoing nausea comes and goes but mainly when I think about food, which isn't often these days. I'm not craving anything at all and meat is a little off putting and anything like bread or chips (carb stuff like that) is totally off the menu and I'm enjoying fruit. Having some constipation but I need to drink much more water that will fix that little issue. I am active but not overly .. maybe walking 3-4 times a week for 20 minutes ... and doing stuff around the house daily. I'm 62 and in 19 days I have lost 7kgs (15 pounds).”

Laura · January 15, 2021

“I started Saxenda 2 months ago, I can’t get over the head aches and nauseousness I get when I take it! I lost 38 pound but feel awful. I wonder if all this misery is worth it :( I will post again when I increase my dose .”

Daisymae · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 27, 2020

“I'm about 3.5 months in. No side effects after I hit the 3.0 dose. I take at night before bed. Biggest problem is dry mouth. With mask wearing I'm not sure if it's from the meds or not- but water solves it. Usually I'm under hydrated anyways so more water is needed. Appetite has shrunk. I don't clear my plate. Cravings are gone- it's so weird how it's a habit to go to the kitchen all the time. I was worried about the holidays, but breezed threw them without feeling I lost out. I believe this medicine is helping my eat less. The habit of smaller meals is one I plan on keeping. I do a protein shake for breakfast. Usually a fruit cup or yogurt for lunch. A regular dinner. I try to get 75+ protein in me a day. I also aim for tons of water. At 3 months this in this meal plan is easy and I never feel I'm starving. I started at 370. Lost 15 alone and started saxendra at 355. I'm down to 322 at the months in. 10ish pounds a month is a good steady pace for me.”

loopylou789 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 4, 2021

“Saxenda worked for appetite suppressant for first 6 weeks or so then stopped working once on highest dose. However main side effect was pancreatitis caused by gallstones which I have never had before until I took this medication. Ended up hospitalised 3 times and now waiting gallbladder removal. Wish I never tried this medication as the pain it has caused I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Never been sick a day in my life and now spent weeks on and off in hospital. This is a known side effect. You have been warned!”

Jenwen · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 18, 2020

“I started Saxenda 5 weeks ago starting weight 84.7 kg now weighing 79.5 kg I have had no side affects. I feel that I crave less and my appetite is reduced my portion control is much easier. Best thing I have done.”

Shasta · April 30, 2020

“After gastric bypass surgery 14 years ago losing 110 lbs and gaining 13 back over the years, I still have 60 lbs that I have just been unable to lose. With the help of Saxenda I lost 50 pounds my first year. I started at 180 lbs and ended at 130 lbs. 10 more to go. This drug is only a tool. It isn't a miracle drug. If you continue to eat junk food and carbs, you will never lose weight. It is important to maintain a healthy meal plan and Saxenda will help with the cravings and assist in not overeating. It is also important to exercise as well. I found constipation to be an issue, but using Metamucil or a stool softener (not a laxative - as your body can become dependent upon laxatives), probiotic, and insoluable fibrous vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes and celery can help with this. I also experienced some nausea at first, but this too will pass as your body becomes accustomed to the medication. Saxenda has been a wonderful life changing tool for me.”

Nina · Taken for less than 1 month · August 22, 2020

“On Saxenda for 5 days, still on 0.6mg dose. First day was horrible with side effect symptoms of nausea and stomach pain, but other than first day and occasional headaches and low energy, I am fine. I am 5' 7" and 190 lb, after five days I have lost 10.5 lb. I was a dieter for my life and my Thyroid is under active, hardly lose weight on 1200 calorie diet. Now I cannot consume more than 400 calories a day.”

Bee · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 29, 2021

“I have been taking Saxenda since end of Sept 2020 - I also make sure I do 10,000 steps everyday. My appetite has decreased significantly, on 1.8mg and lost 21kgs( 46.3 pounds) haven't had any major side effects - occasionally bowel issues so surprised with all the people that have experiences. I also spoke with a Dietician in conjunction as recommended by my GP with some extra tips but quite happy with it”

astrict1 · Taken for less than 1 month · May 11, 2021

“I started using Saxenda 3 weeks ago. I’ve lost 13 pounds in that time. I noticed a significant decrease in my appetite in the first few days. I haven’t increased the dosage since the lowest dose seems to still be effective for me. And I haven’t noticed any side effects. As a side note, I also monitor my daily intake of calories as I have for quite some time now. But no restrictive special diet ( I eat what I like, but within a calorie budget). I only drink water and black coffee. And I exercise moderately at least every other day.”

Rae · Taken for less than 1 month · August 22, 2020

“I’m in my mid 40’s and these last couple of years I’ve found it impossible to drop the weight. Started just over a week ago. Injecting in the evening just before bed. Stopped my cravings for carbs and sugar. Not really Very hungry and very small portions fill me up. I’ve lost around 7lbs to date. It’s not magic You still need willpower and need to think about what food you are putting in your mouth and drink plenty of water. I would definitely recommend.”

sammy111 · Taken for less than 1 month · August 16, 2020

“Today is my fifth day on Saxenda injection .6. I’ve had very little side effects. I’ve had one morning of very very slight nausea but nothing to speak of really. And I’ve noticed some excess burping but that could be due to all of the watermelon I I am eating LOL. Saxenda has made it very easy to eat healthy because you really don’t feel hungry so you want what you eat to count. I also seem to have a little more energy, nothing crazy but I just feel really good probably because I am eating better. I started at 202 pounds. I will not weigh myself until I’ve been on the medication for two weeks. So I will update at that time.”

Marleen · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 11, 2021

“I started using Saxenda for a very different problem than obesity; I am slightly overweight and have bulimia which had been under control for years but when I started a new medication for my depression, I started to gain weight; no matter what I ate or didn’t eat, I did not lose a single pound and was always starving - and therefore the bulimia returned. My Dr prescribed me Saxenda to stop my hunger cravings in the evening. I’m now up to 1.8mg and inject every other day. And since then the cravings are gone. I don’t force myself to throw up anymore and am way happier. I also lost 14 pounds (I am still overweight but way more happy again), and I hope to stay on Saxenda for on a low dose for a while. I had the usual side effects at the beginning: dry mouth, constipation, heartburn and Sulfur burps. Most of it is gone now, the dry mouth remains, but the more water I drink, the better I can use the bathroom too to avoid constipation.”

Jas · Taken for less than 1 month · January 16, 2021

“Started 4 days ago and lost 10kg!! Suppressed appetite and been drinking water. I did eat dominos (medium pizza) spread over two days. And I thought that would mess it up but it didn’t!! Can’t believe it I was 77.7kg the day ordered and around 77.6kg when I started, I’m now 67.2kg!”

Sabbydc85 · June 15, 2021

“DON'T DO IT! It’s not worth your health . I started Saxenda on May 20th 2021 at 0.6 mg and increased every 7 days I was at 2.4 mg by June 11 th and on June 13th I was admitted to the hospital with severe pancreatitis. After two ultrasounds and an MRI all the doctor could find as the cause was saxenda ! All that for a 7 pound weight loss”

Dar · Taken for less than 1 month · August 27, 2020

“I just started taken this medication on 8/25/20. I take it at night around 9pm. I have to say I'm not hungry like I used to be. I feel full eating very little. I do have some stomach cramps but other than that I feel great.. I have already lost 5.4 pounds.. I will update within a couple of weeks”

Matty · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 7, 2020

“Love it, been on it 6 months lost 132lbs little appetite only childrens portions some days no food at all max dose no much side effects. 10 out of 10 for me”

Montydog12 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 16, 2021

“I have taken Saxenda for a month and lost 10kg so I am really happy. I have felt nauseous a lot of the time but not so bad that I can’t continue. I’ve had some dizziness but the benefit of losing weight out weighs the side effects.”

Dee · Taken for less than 1 month · May 31, 2020

“I am on my 5th day of taking Saxenda and I have literally no side effects except for my taste buds are not what they were . My start weight was 237lb and now I’m weighing in at 232.5 if I eat I get full quick but I’m hardly hungry. I’m excited to see what’s in store!”

Grandpa Ted · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 21, 2020

“I've used it for 2.5 months. My blood sugar went from 138 to 88. My lifelong asthma disappeared immediately and has not returned. I stopped taking drugs for reflux, which I had been taking for years. I usually eat one meal a day and one snack. I'm almost never really hungry, but it takes some effort to stop eating routines that are not hunger-based. My BMI went from 31 to 27. I have lost 13 kg, 14% of my body weight. I often feel mildly nauseous. I have chronic constipation. I have mild stomach pain at times.”

DJ · Taken for less than 1 month · March 1, 2021

“I started Saxenda 2/24/21 and so far on 3/1/21 I have lost 6.2 pounds. The only side effects that I have had is headaches and fatigue. It’s not horrible for me and I’m able to continue. I’m still on the 0.6 dosage and look forward to losing an additional 29 pounds. Good luck to everyone ❤️”

VirchewLives · March 17, 2021

“I have battled obesity/binge eating since age 11. Add to that depression, low self-esteem and now COVID-19 lifestyle with 4 kids at home and working from home. I topped out at 263 lbs last year. Oh yeah I left off that I have insulin resistance and PCOS. I started Saxenda right before Christmas 2020 and the nausea was pretty intense to start at 0.6mg but thankfully no vomiting. Taking injections at night worked well for me. Fatigue was an issue in the beginning and I honestly can say that once I truly modified my intake, my cravings faded. I do my best to stop at 1800 calories a day. I started at 3000 steps a day and now up to 7500+ steps daily. After 3 months I am down 38lbs weighing in at 225lbs. I must admit that the injections don't do the work alone. Some days are really tough but I have learned to stop eating at the point of satisfaction. I am excited about the next 3 months. Remember to drink your water and rest - it matters...best wishes everyone!”