User Reviews for Saxenda to treat Weight Loss

Saxenda has an average rating of 7.7 out of 10 from a total of 364 ratings for the treatment of Weight Loss. 69% of those users who reviewed Saxenda reported a positive effect, while 13% reported a negative effect.

Saxenda Rating Summary

7.7/10 average rating

Compare all 25 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Saxenda

Sarah Kelly22 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 29, 2021

“I've been on Saxenda for about 7 weeks now. I don't feel like eating and reduced my calories a lot. I have PCOS and struggle with weight-loss for the past 17 years (since I was 20). I have not lost 1 lb and am so frustrated. I work out 2-3 times per week (cardio and weights). This drug is expensive and not covered by my insurance. I was hoping this worked for me. It's my first time using a medication for weight-loss. Reading everyone else's reviews I was hoping for at least a 10 lb weight loss.”

IrishMomma May 28, 2021

“Was on Saxenda for about 6 weeks, working up to max dose. In that time, no side effects NOR lost weight so it didn't work. I track my food intake and am not a big eater. When I reached the max dose of 3.0, within 36 hours, I began experiencing the WORST stomach issues I ever recall--sulfur burps that came frequently and were unstoppable, churning stomach, and unrelenting diarrhea that came in explosive (sorry) and sudden bouts. Which lasted THREE days. On my dr.'s recommendation, I dropped down to the next threshold. Two days of break from the med & the diarrhea (with the aid of a LOT anti-diarrheal meds) eased a bit. Upon restarting the med (two nights), it came back with a vengeance--worse than ever. Plus, terrible fatigue that caused me to take TWO days off of work (and I couldn't be away from the bathroom). Sulfur burps very bad, too. I cannot tell you the regrets I had for taking this med that I had so much hope for. I may have lost 4 lbs from all the dehydration and diarrhea--but NOT WORTH IT.”

Emankamal · Taken for less than 1 month May 28, 2021

“This was a really bad experience, Took Saxenda for 3 days only a dose of 0.6 and ended up with side effects of severe nausea, vomiting, watery diarrhea, stomach ache, headache, could not even drink water due to severe nausea, got dehydrated. Stopped the drug and the side effects lasted for 5 more days !! Would never recommend this drug to anyone.”

Bassgirl · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 22, 2021

“I started taking Saxenda April 2019. I was 273 lbs, lost over 90 lbs and am still keeping it off. It is a whole different life for me. I used to avoid going down the stairs to do laundry, but now don't even think about it. We got a 66 lb dog and I walk him twice a day and get in 6000 to 10000 steps a day. I am very thankful to my P.A. for telling me about it. I really lost 1/3 of my weight. I have been off Saxenda for about a year now.”

Erica · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 5, 2021

“I’ve been on Saxenda since 1/5/21 and I have lost 40 pounds in two months! This is a miracle drug! I’ve been trying to lose weight for years now because I gained SO much weight in college. You can say I definitely gained the “freshman 50”. Once I graduated college in 2013 I tried every kind of diet from WW to Jenny Craig to diet shakes and that never worked. My mom told me about this injection and it’s honestly changed my life! I definitely recommend this injection if you have a really hard time loosing weight. I will say you definitely need to exercise for 30 minutes at least twice a week but you don’t have to do more than that. I am so happy and feel so great! I wish you all the best of luck, you won’t regret it!!!!”

Happy January 2, 2021

“I started Saxenda on Oct. 15, 2020 and have easily lost 20 pounds. I have remained on the initial dose of 0.6 because any higher dosage and I was horribly nauseous and vomiting. Most notable for anyone who enjoys cocktails and wine (not to excess) is that I have almost an aversion to this. Smaller meals, no need to snack, increased walking and I feel great. 10 more pounds to go and not in any hurry. The fact that I can achieve these results at the lowest dosage also makes me happy!”

Povi · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2021

“I'm on my 19th day. I have been on 1.2 now for 3 days I stayed on 0.6 while the nausea settled a bit. I am having some nausea still but have only recently increased the drug dose. The 2nd night I woke up at 2am and threw up, that was the only time though. The ongoing nausea comes and goes but mainly when I think about food, which isn't often these days. I'm not craving anything at all and meat is a little off putting and anything like bread or chips (carb stuff like that) is totally off the menu and I'm enjoying fruit. Having some constipation but I need to drink much more water that will fix that little issue. I am active but not overly .. maybe walking 3-4 times a week for 20 minutes ... and doing stuff around the house daily. I'm 62 and in 19 days I have lost 7kgs (15 pounds).”

astrict1 · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2021

“I started using Saxenda 3 weeks ago. I’ve lost 13 pounds in that time. I noticed a significant decrease in my appetite in the first few days. I haven’t increased the dosage since the lowest dose seems to still be effective for me. And I haven’t noticed any side effects. As a side note, I also monitor my daily intake of calories as I have for quite some time now. But no restrictive special diet ( I eat what I like, but within a calorie budget). I only drink water and black coffee. And I exercise moderately at least every other day.”

Daisymae · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 27, 2020

“I'm about 3.5 months in. No side effects after I hit the 3.0 dose. I take at night before bed. Biggest problem is dry mouth. With mask wearing I'm not sure if it's from the meds or not- but water solves it. Usually I'm under hydrated anyways so more water is needed. Appetite has shrunk. I don't clear my plate. Cravings are gone- it's so weird how it's a habit to go to the kitchen all the time. I was worried about the holidays, but breezed threw them without feeling I lost out. I believe this medicine is helping my eat less. The habit of smaller meals is one I plan on keeping. I do a protein shake for breakfast. Usually a fruit cup or yogurt for lunch. A regular dinner. I try to get 75+ protein in me a day. I also aim for tons of water. At 3 months this in this meal plan is easy and I never feel I'm starving. I started at 370. Lost 15 alone and started saxendra at 355. I'm down to 322 at the months in. 10ish pounds a month is a good steady pace for me.”

Laura January 15, 2021

“I started Saxenda 2 months ago, I can’t get over the head aches and nauseousness I get when I take it! I lost 38 pound but feel awful. I wonder if all this misery is worth it :( I will post again when I increase my dose .”

Jenwen · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 18, 2020

“I started Saxenda 5 weeks ago starting weight 84.7 kg now weighing 79.5 kg I have had no side affects. I feel that I crave less and my appetite is reduced my portion control is much easier. Best thing I have done.”

Bee · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2021

“I have been taking Saxenda since end of Sept 2020 - I also make sure I do 10,000 steps everyday. My appetite has decreased significantly, on 1.8mg and lost 21kgs( 46.3 pounds) haven't had any major side effects - occasionally bowel issues so surprised with all the people that have experiences. I also spoke with a Dietician in conjunction as recommended by my GP with some extra tips but quite happy with it”

loopylou789 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 4, 2021

“Saxenda worked for appetite suppressant for first 6 weeks or so then stopped working once on highest dose. However main side effect was pancreatitis caused by gallstones which I have never had before until I took this medication. Ended up hospitalised 3 times and now waiting gallbladder removal. Wish I never tried this medication as the pain it has caused I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Never been sick a day in my life and now spent weeks on and off in hospital. This is a known side effect. You have been warned!”

danipenna30 · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2021

“I've been taking Saxenda for 2 weeks now. I just increased the dose to 1.8. I've lost 10 pounds so far, and just now my appetite is decreased. I felt nausea and in the first few days constipation. I'm also feeling more tired than usual. So far I believe the benefit of losing weight outweighs the side effects. By the way, alcohol does not match with this medication. I had a couple of wine glasses last weekend and felt very sick..”

DJ · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2021

“I started Saxenda 2/24/21 and so far on 3/1/21 I have lost 6.2 pounds. The only side effects that I have had is headaches and fatigue. It’s not horrible for me and I’m able to continue. I’m still on the 0.6 dosage and look forward to losing an additional 29 pounds. Good luck to everyone ❤️”

Nina · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2020

“On Saxenda for 5 days, still on 0.6mg dose. First day was horrible with side effect symptoms of nausea and stomach pain, but other than first day and occasional headaches and low energy, I am fine. I am 5' 7" and 190 lb, after five days I have lost 10.5 lb. I was a dieter for my life and my Thyroid is under active, hardly lose weight on 1200 calorie diet. Now I cannot consume more than 400 calories a day.”

Shasta April 30, 2020

“After gastric bypass surgery 14 years ago losing 110 lbs and gaining 13 back over the years, I still have 60 lbs that I have just been unable to lose. With the help of Saxenda I lost 50 pounds my first year. I started at 180 lbs and ended at 130 lbs. 10 more to go. This drug is only a tool. It isn't a miracle drug. If you continue to eat junk food and carbs, you will never lose weight. It is important to maintain a healthy meal plan and Saxenda will help with the cravings and assist in not overeating. It is also important to exercise as well. I found constipation to be an issue, but using Metamucil or a stool softener (not a laxative - as your body can become dependent upon laxatives), probiotic, and insoluable fibrous vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes and celery can help with this. I also experienced some nausea at first, but this too will pass as your body becomes accustomed to the medication. Saxenda has been a wonderful life changing tool for me.”

Matty · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 7, 2020

“Love it, been on it 6 months lost 132lbs little appetite only childrens portions some days no food at all max dose no much side effects. 10 out of 10 for me”

Rae · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2020

“I’m in my mid 40’s and these last couple of years I’ve found it impossible to drop the weight. Started just over a week ago. Injecting in the evening just before bed. Stopped my cravings for carbs and sugar. Not really Very hungry and very small portions fill me up. I’ve lost around 7lbs to date. It’s not magic You still need willpower and need to think about what food you are putting in your mouth and drink plenty of water. I would definitely recommend.”

Marleen · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 11, 2021

“I started using Saxenda for a very different problem than obesity; I am slightly overweight and have bulimia which had been under control for years but when I started a new medication for my depression, I started to gain weight; no matter what I ate or didn’t eat, I did not lose a single pound and was always starving - and therefore the bulimia returned. My Dr prescribed me Saxenda to stop my hunger cravings in the evening. I’m now up to 1.8mg and inject every other day. And since then the cravings are gone. I don’t force myself to throw up anymore and am way happier. I also lost 14 pounds (I am still overweight but way more happy again), and I hope to stay on Saxenda for on a low dose for a while. I had the usual side effects at the beginning: dry mouth, constipation, heartburn and Sulfur burps. Most of it is gone now, the dry mouth remains, but the more water I drink, the better I can use the bathroom too to avoid constipation.”

Dar · Taken for less than 1 month August 27, 2020

“I just started taken this medication on 8/25/20. I take it at night around 9pm. I have to say I'm not hungry like I used to be. I feel full eating very little. I do have some stomach cramps but other than that I feel great.. I have already lost 5.4 pounds.. I will update within a couple of weeks”

Jas · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2021

“Started 4 days ago and lost 10kg!! Suppressed appetite and been drinking water. I did eat dominos (medium pizza) spread over two days. And I thought that would mess it up but it didn’t!! Can’t believe it I was 77.7kg the day ordered and around 77.6kg when I started, I’m now 67.2kg!”

sammy111 · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2020

“Today is my fifth day on Saxenda injection .6. I’ve had very little side effects. I’ve had one morning of very very slight nausea but nothing to speak of really. And I’ve noticed some excess burping but that could be due to all of the watermelon I I am eating LOL. Saxenda has made it very easy to eat healthy because you really don’t feel hungry so you want what you eat to count. I also seem to have a little more energy, nothing crazy but I just feel really good probably because I am eating better. I started at 202 pounds. I will not weigh myself until I’ve been on the medication for two weeks. So I will update at that time.”

Darkangel · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2021

“The first month on saxenda I lost 9.5 lbs. This month only 2.6. I'm taking 1.8mg and have decreased appetite. (A major plus). Working out 5-7 days a week. Probably have about 25-30 lbs to lose. But I'm a little disappointed with the results this month. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!”

Dee · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2020

“I am on my 5th day of taking Saxenda and I have literally no side effects except for my taste buds are not what they were . My start weight was 237lb and now I’m weighing in at 232.5 if I eat I get full quick but I’m hardly hungry. I’m excited to see what’s in store!”

Rhi · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2020

“I just started Saxenda just over a week ago starting weight 15 stones 2lbs and so far no significant side effects. Feel full very quickly on 1.2 mg, weight loss 9.8 pounds so far. Feeling very optimistic for the future results”

MommaT · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2021

“After 3 weeks I’m down 12 lbs and increasing the dose each week, to now at the 2.4mg dosage. Will talk to my Dr about staying on this dose for awhile rather than increase to highest (3.0) as I’d hate to top out so early and see results also top out. I had slight nausea the first day after a dose increase but other than that no side affects, and some changes in bowel function but nothing terrible. Very happy with results so far and can’t wait to see further results”

Jack March 6, 2021

“I started at 234lbs (5’9 woman) in BMI Obese category 1. I started Nov 1st 2020, had minimal side effects. It is now March 2021 and I am down 39lbs!! It is amazing, I am so thankful for Saxenda!”