User Reviews for Saxenda to treat Weight Loss

Saxenda Rating Summary

7.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Saxenda

"Was fortunate enough to have Saxenda issued to me through compassion care, I lost in 6 months 70lbs, was grateful and due to other health issues I had a setback and all that was lost came back. I would love to get back to my ideal weight just trying to figure out an affordable price, and to ask if there is a long term supplemented subcutaneous maintenance. I'd like to thank you for finally having a product that works, hope one day it can be affordable ."

Wolfdancer (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2019

"I'm starting my 4th day on Saxenda. I feel great. I don't have any side effects. I am totally not hungry. I have energy I love this medication. I used to always be hungry and now I barely eat. I am on the 0.6 dose and day 4 I've lost 4.2 pounds. I will keep updating"

Stephanie C (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2019

"I have been using Saxenda for 2 weeks and have lost 9 lbs. No side effects at all. Love it"

happyincanada (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2019

"I had great results the first time I used it and had lost close to 15 pounds. Now I’m on it again and it’s a totally different experience as far as side effects, my muscles are sore and aches that I don’t want to do anything. I think I will just try these apple cider vinaigrette capsules I just purchased. I can’t deal with the Saxenda side effects. And also once you stop the weight can come back on slowly... have to start over again with something else. Wasn't for me this time around . But good luck, everyone is different."

Steph938 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2019

"So my experience has been very good with this medication. I am 56 years old, have hypothyroid and pre-diabetic and my weight seemed to continuously increase over time. I am active but was having no success with any attempts to lose weight even when altering my eating habits. I started on Saxenda on March 15th and now just over 2 months I have lost 21 lbs. My weight was 183lb and my goal is around 155 or whatever feels right. I have focused to continue the healthy lifestyle with exercise and healthy eating. I also stopped drinking wine which was an adjustment for me but worth it with good results. The only side affect is I do feel tired. I have boosted by B12 and VitD, hopefully that will help. Oh and I increased my water intake in a big way - very important! Hope this helps!"

Wendy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2019

"I've been on Saxenda a little over a month to loose weight and I've lost almost 15 pounds, which I'm happy about, but most of it has been due to the side effects - nausea, heartburn, and diarrhea. The feeling of hunger is gone and replaced with daily nausea, so that I have to remind myself to eat. The diarrhea and excessive gas that has produced loud, uncontainable belching have made me reluctant at times to eat at all, so as not to have to bolt for a bathroom while chaperoning a field trip, for example. I am extremely nauseated and sleepy in the afternoon, which I haven't experienced since pregnancy (14 years ago!). I have both Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and Irritable Bowel Syndrome which have complicated my dietary choices while on this drug. I am exercising regularly and trying to make good food choices. Despite the side effects, I'm planning on staying on this drug for another month or so in hopes that the side effects will eventually subside."

Polythane May 16, 2019

"I have been on this Saxenda for 3 weeks and I am at 1.8 mg per injection. No really big side effects so far, besides not being hungry most of the time. I have to make myself eat to get in at least 1000 calories. I have lost 12 lbs so far and I couldn't be more thrilled. It also takes away my cravings for sweets. Highly recommend."

Mel (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2019

"I started Saxenda in early February. Initially the nausea and fatigue made me wonder if it was all worth it but after losing 7 pounds the first week I decided to stick it out. The best part, I have zero sugar cravings. My first month I drank vegan smoothies and small amounts of veggies and grains because that was all I could tolerate. I lost 30 pounds in three months. Every week when I would increase the dose per directions I would have three to four days of horrid nausea and fatigue. I had to force myself to eat or drink anything. About 3 weeks into the treatment I started burping like a frat boy beer bonging. They stunk too. Painful and embarrassing. Stool softener will address the constipation but be careful that can turn to the opposite on a dime. I also added a probiotic to help with regulating. Now that its been about a month or so on the full dose I am getting used to it and I am functioning near normal. Bottom line: This drug in like gastric surgery in a needle."

Lotta Wanna May 13, 2019

"One week on Saxenda completed and I have lost 2.2kg. Have used my reduced appetite to help make slightly better food choices (salads, porridge, bananas etc) though I haven’t had to make huge changes as I eat relatively well. The only side effect I have noted is constipation, but other than that no side effects whatsoever. Worth noting that I have been diagnosed with MODY (mature onset diabetes, not type 2) and this is a treatment option that some researchers recommend for MODY as opposed to me taking it as a pure weight loss treatment, so I don’t know if this changes the way that it works with my body."

Jay (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2019

"I have been on the Saxenda for a month now. I have been working out and eating better but still have my appetite and feel hungry. I also for the past couple of weeks experienced dizziness, nausea and my BP dropped to 98/60 at work last week. I have stopped taking it to see if this is the cause of my low BP."

Trying May 6, 2019

"I am 65 and weigh 189lbs. My weight has slowly increased over the years and spent a lifetime on one diet or another without success. Last check up my blood sugar was up as was my cholesterol and my BMI tells me I'm obese "

Purpledragonfly (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2019

"I have been on Saxenda for 6 days now. First - 3rd day I felt like I had no appetite. Not sure if this was just in my mind or not. Day 5 more of an appetite and hungry. Today I ate quite a bit of chocolate and don’t feel too ill. Scared that I will be able to eat more and this won’t work. Can anyone relate??"

Sky April 21, 2019

"Saxenda takes the hunger away and helps you manage your weight, nausea happens when I eat food I shouldn’t be eating. It’s expensive but the weight loss is really incredible!"

James April 15, 2019

"I have been on Saxenda for 10 days and am following the dosing exactly as prescribed so I am 3 days into 1.2. Insurance covered most of the cost. I haven't experienced nausea, burping, or any of the other symptoms I have seen described. But I have a complete loss of appetite. I am 53 years old, female, 5 foot 2 inches, and started at 179 pounds. When I weighed myself a few days ago, I was down to 172. I have, however, experienced a sadness over the complete loss of joy in eating. I don't know if that makes sense, but it is a struggle for me. I can't even imagine eating chocolate, soda, or anything "bad" for you."

Mrs.D (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2019

"I started Saxenda 3/22/19. I am 5'3" 44 years old and starting weight was 162.4. I workout 5-7 days per week and eat a very healthy diet. My metabolism just hasn't been working in my favor so I reached out to my NP and got started on Saxenda. To date, I have lost 7.8 pounds in ONE WEEK!!! I do get some headaches, fatigue, thirsty all the time and had 2 days of nausea without vomiting. I find eating a rice cake with peanut butter first thing in the morning coats my stomach and then small meals throughout the day to keep the nausea away. I am very pleased with results thus far and am looking forward to more weight shedding off. I increased my dose today to 1.2 mg. I am an RN and a huge promoter of exhausting all options first, like eating a healthy diet and exercising. Saxenda is best, in my opinion, for people who work hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle and just need a boost."

L (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2019

"I have used saxenda for a week with no side effects whatsoever Lost 5 lb and was feeling great Upped my dose to 1.2 and the nausea and fatigue jumped in Feeling terrible once feeling ok will revert to 0.6 dose"

Suky (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2019

"I am only on day 4 using Saxenda. I started at 216lbs and in 4 days am down 4 pounds to 212lbs. I am 49 years old and 5'4". I have had no side effects at all and have started walking 5km per day. I don't feel a loss of appetite so I'm not really sure if the Saxenda is working. I will see once I increase the dose. Cost for me here in Windsor, Ontario was $438 for one month. I should add I am also following a keto meal plan and had lost 35lbs last winter doing just keto and walking every day but when I stopped walking in the winter I put back 20lbs. So my endocrinologist told me to try Saxenda. I had gastric bypass 10 years ago and had lost 150lbs but gained some back when I hit menopause, my dad died and I quit smoking all at the same time. Hoping to lose 40lbs or maybe a bit more. I really am glad I have no side effects yet at the same time it makes me wonder if it's working for me like it should"

MzG (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2019

"My doctor gave me a sample kit of Saxenda and it worked wonderfully. I almost completely had no appetite and would eat because I knew that I needed to do so. I had my doctor call in a prescription for the medication and I am so disappointed that the cost for a 50 day supply is $1459 and even with the savings card it still cost over $1200 and of course my health insurance does not cover it. It is really sad that this company has such a great product but it is priced out of range for the average consumer. Like Saxenda but cant' afford Saxenda "

Leila (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2019

"I began using Saxenda in October 2018 for weight loss. While I'm not obese, I've put on a few pounds over the last several years & it's been hard to shed them due to an underactive thyroid. After trying other weight loss methods, my doctor suggested Saxenda. I lost 10 pounds in the first month. It's the end of March & I'm down 16 pounds. I had severe side effects the first week, but due the tech incorrectly teaching me & I had increased my dose to quickly in the first week. I reduced the amount & slowly worked up to the 3 mg. I haven't had many issues. The worst was the constipation but I offset it with psyllium husk fiber. I have to limit alcohol to once a week. I never ate fatty foods, but now I basically cannot eat high fat foods. I also found that drinking more water helped ease symptoms, especially constipation. I track my food with Weight Watchers. I can track any symptoms to what I ate during the day. I am pleased with Saxenda & recommend it to anyone having trouble with weight loss."

CountryGal (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2019

"Just completed week 2 and I have lost 4lb. This medicine has curbed my cravings for bad foods. I have a sweet tooth so don't need to be hungry to eat sweet foods however I gorged on chocolate the other day and had to stop because I was going to be sick. I'm due to go up to 1.8 tomorrow but I'm tempted to stay where I am because I'm afraid of I go up I wont be able to eat at all. 4lb might not be a great loss but having a desk job and minimal exercise I'm not complaining. Just wish it helped with wine cravings. Will check back in next week. Xx"

Van123 (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2019

"So, started Saxenda Dec 31, 2018 I am 45 yrs old, 5' 3" starting weight 193lb. It is 3/15/2019 I now weigh 165lb. I toggle between doses. My body cannot handle 3mg dose. I get sulfur burps, hard stomach pains, constipation then loose stools. I am talking worse than the flu sick. I cannot drink wine or fatty foods. That's a good thing. If I watch what I eat and small portions things are good. Mess up and the food will sit in your stomach. Slow gastric emptying really stinks. Zofran has helped with the nausea. I will remain on Saxenda until I cannot tolerate the symptoms. I am a nurse we make really bad patients. Listen to your body. Eat right! Good luck"

Kimmie March 15, 2019

"I started the Saxenda jabs last Tuesday to lose weight, and I’ve lost a total of 7lb in just under two weeks. I’ve gone from 0.6 dose to 0.9 as I don’t feel I needed to increase that much. The only downside I’m having is not being hungry at all and I have zero motivation and I’m always tired. I’ve had minor acid reflux and a severe vomiting attack last night but that was it."

HRM (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019

"I’ve been on Saxenda for about a month to help me lose weight. I started with a sample from my doctor and stayed on a lower doses for the initial pen so that I could make it last longer than normal. I lost 13 pounds on the first pen. Now that I finally got approved for the prescription (cost = $30) I’ve upped the dose to 2.4 mg and lost an additional six pounds in less than a week. I have never felt sick and most days I am either not hungry or get full soon after I begin eating. I am 38, starting weight 272lb, current weight 253lb, I have a sedentary lifestyle and eat around 1500 calories a day. I inject in my stomach and feel only a tiny prick."

Sarah (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2019

"I have PCOS and am trying to lose weight before fertility treatments. I started out at a BMI of 29.7 - 168 lbs, 5 foot 3 inches. I'm down to 160 lbs just 2 weeks later, so an 8 lb loss and counting! The first few days I had a headache, low energy, and got a little dizzy, but that subsided. I barely have an appetite, which makes it easier to switch to healthier foods. I can actually go grocery shopping after work (without starving) and make healthier food choices. I've now incorporated exercise, which has helped the weight loss. Am giving myself 2 months on this prescription, because of the out-of-pocket cost and will evaluate from there, but so far I'm happy with the continued progress!"

TC (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2019

"I started Saxenda one week ago. 3/6/19, the first 3 days I used the 0.6 mg but did not feel any difference, so I jumped up to the 1.6mg and boom...no hunger! I've lost 5 pounds this week. I do try to eat even if its a half a protein shake, but I don't push it. The body still needs nourishment! BUT when I'm done...I'm done and nothing else goes in my mouth! I have had nausea but nothing terrible, I feel like it helps me not to snack. I also have a slight headache , but I contribute that to not eating plus I forget to drink water. Dehydration is my fault. I'm going to try to remain on the lowest dose possible for as long as I can. I'm pretty impressed with this medication!"

happilynauseated (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2019