User Reviews for Lamivudine to treat HIV Infection
Also known as: Epivir, Epivir-HBV
“Was one of the first meds available. Certainly worked but may be one of the major causes of lipodystrophy. Veins in my legs appeared and it was a tell tale sign of HIV. Never wore shorts again.”
Epivir (lamivudine): “Been on it for 13 years with a couple years break in between. No resistance, no side effects, easy to take.”
“An anchor medicine in my HAART regimen for many years (15 ). I have used this medicine in combination with many others and have tolerated it well. Only until recently has it caused serious side effects (nausea, loss of appetite, mood changes, tiredness). However, it is almost impossible to clearly determine whether these side effects are exclusively related to this medicine or as a result of combo HAART and/or combining with other medicines i.e. metoprolol, Synthroid, aspirin, diazepam, etc. HIV for 24 years and surviving with God's help and mercy. ”
Frequently asked questions
- What is the difference between HIV treatments Symfi and Symfi Lo?
- How much does HIV treatment Cimduo cost?
- What drugs are contained in the HIV treatment Delstrigo?
- What drugs are contained in the HIV treatment Cimduo?
- What drugs are contained in the HIV treatment Symfi Lo?
This information is NOT intended to endorse any particular medication. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners.
Learn more about HIV Infection
IBM Watson Micromedex
- HIV Infection
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases in Adolescents
Symptoms and treatments
Drugs.com Health Center
- AIDS and HIV Overview
- HIV and AIDS: Opportunistic Infections, Complications and Treatments
- Treatment Options for HIV and AIDS
- HIV Prevention: PrEP and Other Options
- HIV and AIDS Opportunistic Infections and Symptoms
- National HIV Testing Day
- 9 Facts About Current HIV Treatment
Mayo Clinic Reference
More about lamivudine
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 4 Reviews
- Drug class: nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs)