How much does HIV treatment Cimduo cost?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 3, 2019.
Cimduo (lamivudine and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate) is expected to be a more affordable tenofovir-based HIV product costing approximately $12,000 per year (wholesale acquisition cost).
For more information see Cimduo Prices, Coupons and Patient Assistance Programs
Cimduo contains lamivudine 300 mg and tenofovir disoproxil fumarate 300 mg and is a combination agent used with other antiretroviral agents for the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection (HIV-1 infection).
According to the Fair Pricing Coalition, Cimduo's list price is expected to run 40% lower than other comparable agents currently on the market.
Unlike Truvada and Descovy, Cimduo is not approved by the FDA for use as pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) to prevent HIV infection.
Related Medical Questions
- Truvada vs Descovy: How do they compare for HIV and PrEP?
- What is the difference between HIV treatments Odefsey and Complera?
- Genvoya vs Stribild for HIV - How do they compare?
- What is the difference between HIV treatments Symfi and Symfi Lo?
- What drugs are contained in the HIV treatment Cimduo?
- What drugs are contained in the HIV treatment Delstrigo?
- What drugs are contained in the HIV treatment Symfi Lo?