User Reviews for L-theanine

Learn more about L-theanine.

L-theanine Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 250 medications used in the treatment of Dietary Supplementation.

Reviews for L-theanine to treat Dietary Supplementation

"I have been having roughly 4 panic attacks daily for a month. I hate pharm. drugs so I tried this. Worked immediately!!!!! Within 20 mins I felt like I've never had anxiety in my life. This supplement is great!"

Ahab888 April 3, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've always been a kind of anxious person but after years of alcohol abuse my anxiety hit the roof. I had anxiety for months on end and could find no relief. Eventually I had to start working out three times a day to actually get relief from anxiety. After days and days of researching I finally stumbled upon green tea and how can relax you. I started drinking gallons of green tea every day and start feeling a little bit less anxious. After a few weeks of doing this I decided to look into why green tea helped and found out it was L-theanine. I took these pills three times a day for three months and was finally able to breathe again. Greatest discovery ever!!! I highly recommend trying them."

Brian new man February 24, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking this about two weeks ago for insomnia. It was combined with lavender oil as a natural sleep aid. It works for helping me to shut my brain off at night and fall asleep, but it caused severe dizzy spells and bad headaches. I also had some stomach upset. I hear that's a rare reaction, but just wanted users to be aware of the possibility. Today I had a dizzy spell so bad in the kitchen that I fell and hurt my hip. I am a 37 year old woman."

Shannan79 February 21, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This works on my dog's anxiety, my anxiety and my college son's anxiety. We all get relief within 15 minutes of taking this. I actually found it orinally from my vet (expensive anti anxiety dog pill ingredients l theanine and meat flavoring). I keep buying tablets in the large foil bag on EBAY (the ones for humans not dogs!). It is better than an anti anxiety pill as there is no exhaustion or other side effects, just a calming feeling that allows you to relax a bit and think I buy a huge bag and that makes it cheap. The capsule form is more expensive"

mesaarizona (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 20, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had great results. It enhanced my cognitive thinking and lessoned my memory loss. The only problem was it gave me an unbelievable body odor. I could smell it but not sure if anyone else could. No one mentioned me smelling bad. I had to stop taking them because I couldn't stand the odor. My girlfriend takes it to help her blood pressure, which the doctors couldn't seem to regulate."

PEP4600 December 30, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was considering talking to my doctor about my anxiety, then a friend suggested stress formula by sundown. I cant believe how well this works, for the money and not worrying about harmful side effects, this is the way to go for me!"

kalhoon (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have trouble turning off my brain as soon as the lights go off at bed time. I some times get only 4 hours of sleep. This melatonin plus 200gm L-theanime is helping me go to sleep and stay asleep. I am type 2 Diebetic and I have also noticed my blood sugar levels are much better."

Shutterbug78 (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have ptsd, generalized anxiety, and panic disorder from years of substance abuse which effect many facets of my health. I cannot handle stress well, my head is usually pulsing or aching, and I frequently get dizzy spells and feel lightheaded. I tried lexapro and it did not really make me feel well. It helped with anxiety and the panic attacks, but I felt emotionally flat and withdrawn from life. Since stopping the lexapro, I have resumed many of my previous daily symptoms associated with anxiety. I just started taking a liquid concentrate of l-theanine sublingually and it is nothing short of a miracle. My head is clear again and I can actually deal with my responsibilities. I feel like my life was given back to me. Highly recommended."

NateTGreat (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So much better than Prozac or Zoloft. No side effects"

Bnaturelady (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been perscibed just about every drug (Chemical) they have for anxiety and depression, after finding out about the benefits of L-Theanine I have been taking 200mg per day and I feel like I did before I knew depression ever existed! Amazingly my body is reacting very well to the supplement and has not experienced a withdrawal effect from no longer taking the xanax I love that its all natural it's like brain food I feel so Alive"

TT August 28, 2016

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took it for help falling asleep (insomnia) and it worked like a charm, however I have a very sour stomach this a.M. "

Rockymax44 August 10, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Military Veteran suffering from ptsd, anxiety, and insomnia. I was skeptical at first, after taking 400mg per day I definitely notice a difference. Not a miracle happy pill, but takes the edge away, allows me to feel halfway normal in stressful situations. Helps take my stomach out of knots. Sleep a little better. Can't complain, will continue to take."

Dizz79 July 25, 2016

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking this for about 6 months after being diagnosed with Generalized anxiety. This stuff is a lifesaver. I'm not worrying all the time and I can actually relax. Definitely worth trying!"

Rachel Lee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2016

57 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had terrible anxiety and insomnia, since taking l-theanine I have no anxiety and I am now have no issues sleeping. For me it has been amazing."

Genie Pepper June 29, 2016

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I purchased this product a few days ago because it's a safe alternative to ssri'so for my son's anxiety. He's on the autism spectrum, he's 13 with severe anxiety. I have been giving him a hundred milligrams 3 times a day and he told me how much better he feels, he's so much happier. He isn't easily distracted or buried in video games. He's talkative and his conversations are appropriate. So far I think this is a miracle drug. I really hope this continues."

Autism Mom (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

57 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It's great. I deal so much better with stress. It doesn't make me sleepy"

Tea726 May 14, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

" I didn't know until I started reading the reviews how good this product really is i have add and I can tell you that it takes away the blues more specifically it gives you the power to finish your work"

smitty508 March 28, 2016

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I take about 800 mg of L-theanine appx 1/2 hour before skating competitions to reduce my stage-fright/performance anxiety. I have also taken it before presentations at work. It works amazing well at eliminating my anxiety and allowing me to focus so that I can utilize all my practice and preparation (without being hindered by anxiety). The other benefit of L-theanine is that it doesn't make me drowsy. My Naturopath first prescribed it and now I just buy it"

Kiwik (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 6, 2015

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I take anywhere between 200 to 2000mg's (Yes, 2 Thousand milligrams/2 grams) and it works wonders for anxiety and panic and also stress in general. Great with caffeine too."

Michael N. March 6, 2015

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I take L-Theanine Stress Formula with Calming Blend by Sundown. It greatly helps me relax at night time. It is not like taking a benzodiazipine, but definitely helps take the edge off. I am prescribed Adderall for trouble concentrating. I sometimes use it with the Adderall to decrease jitteryness. I also often mix L-Theanine with Valerian (whole root, not extract) to help me sleep."

SteveO86 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2014

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I take theanine with my morning coffee- it cuts out any jitters and goes well with caffeine. I mix approximately 250 mg L-Theanine powder into the drink. "

KD778 March 25, 2014

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am a 53 year old female and have ADD. For almost 1 year, I was having extremely difficult memory problems. There weren't enough Post-it notes in the world to help relieve my anxiety about my progressing memory problem. The biggest result I have had is the ability to focus on my work, assimilate information and stay on task. I've taken prescribed medications (Ritalin, Xanax) in an effort to correct my mild ADD. This supplement is a life-saver, and job-saver for me."

Robin1961 (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2014

165 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I found l-theanine to have no effect on anxiety, sleep or mood. There were no negative effects either. I used 200mg/day"

zakb November 10, 2013