User Reviews for L-theanine systemic

Dietary Supplementation
7.5

Summary of L-theanine reviews 7.6 42 reviews

Reviews for L-theanine

For Dietary Supplementation: "Tried l-theanine for my chronic insomnia. Just one pill taken a few hours before bed made me have crazy vivid dreams almost as soon as I fell asleep and I was awake again after only an hour but could not get back asleep, I already have exhausting dreams when I do sleep but this supplement seems to massively increases them even on the small dose I took. It may work for some to keep them asleep but it's not for me. I didn't realise it increased dreaming until I researched it the next day. Seems half of other people have the same reaction."

Paul85 (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2018

For Dietary Supplementation: "I began taking this about 3 weeks ago as it had a lot of good reviews and seemed to be helpful for those with anxiety and social anxiety, which I have both of quite badly. I take 200mg daily, a few times I have doubled it and only one day did I feel slightly less anxious and by slightly less I mean barely any difference. I have not had any good results, it's like I'm not taking anything unless it's too soon to tell."

Egg girl (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

For Dietary Supplementation: "I am an adult male with generalized anxiety disorder, I have taken benzos and antidepressants but the side effects were not worth it. L-Theanine, while mild, is effective in reducing my anxiety and stress enough for me to not feel miserable every day and it also helps me sleep. I have never experienced a negative side effect from it and I have been taking it almost daily for several months."

Tedu53 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2018

For Dietary Supplementation: "Every time I use this supplement I have either an intense dream or a full-blown graphic, bloody NIGHTMARE. Night before last it was about a bloody body being dragged around and hidden in my house! This is a known side effect of this supplement. The other potential benefits, of lowering cortisol and helping me stay asleep are all great. However, if I feel gross all day remembering the feelings of these dreams, that's not helping me be less stressed or focused in the day."

Jimmy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

For Dietary Supplementation: "The first time I took 100mg of L-Theanine it made me feel spacy, tired and gave me a headache. It did calm me down, I felt my dopamine level rise, but overall feeling was somewhat uncomfortable. A lot of sources recommend to have coffee with it. I loved the combination. It made me feel happy, motivated and energetic, but that didn’t last long. In 5 hours I started to have a bad crash. I had jitters all over my body and my heart rate was very high. I took 50mg of L-Theanine to calm down but it didn’t feel the same the 2nd time, not the same mood and I felt cranky, but it relaxed me. Since I don’t feel right after a calm down, I take 5-HTP after. I also pair L-Theanine with 5-HTP for sleep and have happy dreams, sleep and wake up with a smile. I recommend that combination for people who suffer from depression. For those who suffer from anxiety, don’t have it with coffee and be careful with it, calm downs can be pleasant. Could be the brand too, get a quality brand."

NYgirl (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2018

For Dietary Supplementation: "Took this as I was suffering from Anxiety and wanted to avoid prescription medication. I took this before bed, felt little relaxed and slept well for 3 hours. Woke up after that and could never sleep after. Don't think this is right for me, so gave up"

Nathan (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

For Dietary Supplementation: "I don't feel anything or notice any difference from L- theanine."

dog (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2018

For Dietary Supplementation: "I've lived with anxiety my whole life, and in my 50s now, post menopausal, trying to reduce my tension and mood swings. Pharma made me too sleepy and had side effects, so I gave up on those in my late 30s. L-theanine was recommended by a pharmacist, and I've taken 100-200mg a day in the morning and it has worked wonders with my anxiety. It allows me to be calm enough to make cognitive changes and choices before I over-react. It has also helped with my foggy thinking, allowing me to focus. I noticed it in my dog's "calming chews" interestingly enough. Have also started giving it to an anxious teenager and it helps with focus. It taken only in morning, it may avoid the sleep issues that some have, but I've found that another 100mg might be needed in afternoon. I've had no sleep problems with it, but that could be because I usually only take in the morning."

Balanced Mom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 8, 2018

For Dietary Supplementation: "After four days taking L Theanine - drinking Matcha Tea lattes 1-2 a day- I had a seizure. I noticed I felt kind of unusual after drinking the Matcha tea, calm but also kind of amped up at the same time. I didn’t sleep well, and after a night where I hardly slept (had a matcha latte at 5pm). The next morning I had a series of absence seizures. I am fairly sure it was from the L theanine because I have since researched it, and learned that it decreases the threshold for certain types of seizures, and increases the threshold for other types. I should have discontinued it when I noticed it’s effect on my sleep and nervous system."

Laura (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Dietary Supplementation: "I had been taking 3mg melatonin for sleep, but wanted to cut back as it left me feeling somewhat drugged. I found a product that contains 1.5mg melatonin plus 100mg l-theanine in a chewable, gummy form. It’s been working great for me for about a week. I feel this combo “lets” me sleep vs. “puts” me to sleep. However, I’m not sure sure if it’s the level of melatonin, the l-theanine, or the combo that works so well for me, but I’ll continue with it for awhile."

Tracey (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For Dietary Supplementation: "After one dose (100mg) I had severe chest and abdominal cramping. I tried 2 days later with more severe and more frequent surges of pain. Horrified with side effects that "are not even noted"."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2018

For Dietary Supplementation: "My holistic friend recommended this supplement to me after the passing of my Mom. I could not rest, & my emotions where off the charts! But after using this for couple of days along with 5 HTP I have been calmer and more in control of my emotions, without feeling all drugged up or walking around in a daze. I will continue to take both supplements to help manage my depression. I highly recommend both supplements."

Copsgirl (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2018

For Dietary Supplementation: "L-Theanine works as well as 1 mg xanax for restless leg syndrome."

California Red December 14, 2017

For Dietary Supplementation: "I took L-theanine and it made me a little relaxed but it gave me heart palpitations. It didn't agree with me. I stopped it."

Michelle7171! November 3, 2017

For Dietary Supplementation: "Took one 200 mg pill with dinner, after an hour felt relaxed, my neck felt relaxed, tightness gone. However, I had the worst night sleep, woke up several times and finally at 2:30 am, gave up and got out of the bed. I definitely had a strange reaction to it. Won't be taking it again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2017

For Dietary Supplementation: "Anxiety was so bad, [e.g.] I'd start to peel an onion, but was FRIGHTENED that I couldn't finish, so felt incapable of making the WHOLE meal! Mental fear about everything!! NOTE: I didn't eat healthy, nor was I motivated to exercise. I was on medication for app. 10 years but didn't want to forever. Tried natural remedies and mind exercises, but didn't do much for me. Then heard of L-THEANINE, researched, and bought some. 1 tab. p/d for 7-10+ days, before a tiny 'glimmer' of hope. Now 2 months later I feel okay -occasional bad day. I'm eating healthy now and exercising, which together, can HELP anxiety. L-theanine got me feeling well enough to take care of myself. I really hope it can kick-start you too, into getting better.♥ Pat"

Pat206 July 23, 2017

For Dietary Supplementation: "I already drank green tea, and did not realize this was in my other multivitamin supplement. This made me SO dizzy after a few days I could not drive or barely think straight. It also caused extreme fatigue for me. I am only 46 and in good health/fit. I world have crashed a car if I had driven in the last 24 hours. Please be careful with this."

K Fen June 21, 2017

For Dietary Supplementation: "Relieves stress, calms your mind, helps you focus on your thoughts"

Avinger (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2017

For Dietary Supplementation: "Been recently suffering from anxiety attacks and don't want to use prescription meds so tried this out since it states no drowsiness! I've been taking it for 2 weeks now in the morning when I wake up and in the evening before bed. It has been great in calming me down and decreasing my shortness of breath! It takes about 15-20 minutes for it to start working for me. I will be taking this as a supplement from now on since it helps me to be alert and focused."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

For Dietary Supplementation: "I have been having roughly 4 panic attacks daily for a month. I hate pharm. drugs so I tried this. Worked immediately!!!!! Within 20 mins I felt like I've never had anxiety in my life. This supplement is great!"

Ahab888 April 3, 2017

For Dietary Supplementation: "I've always been a kind of anxious person but after years of alcohol abuse my anxiety hit the roof. I had anxiety for months on end and could find no relief. Eventually I had to start working out three times a day to actually get relief from anxiety. After days and days of researching I finally stumbled upon green tea and how can relax you. I started drinking gallons of green tea every day and start feeling a little bit less anxious. After a few weeks of doing this I decided to look into why green tea helped and found out it was L-theanine. I took these pills three times a day for three months and was finally able to breathe again. Greatest discovery ever!!! I highly recommend trying them."

Brian new man February 24, 2017

For Dietary Supplementation: "I started taking this about two weeks ago for insomnia. It was combined with lavender oil as a natural sleep aid. It works for helping me to shut my brain off at night and fall asleep, but it caused severe dizzy spells and bad headaches. I also had some stomach upset. I hear that's a rare reaction, but just wanted users to be aware of the possibility. Today I had a dizzy spell so bad in the kitchen that I fell and hurt my hip. I am a 37 year old woman."

Shannan79 February 21, 2017

For Dietary Supplementation: "This works on my dog's anxiety, my anxiety and my college son's anxiety. We all get relief within 15 minutes of taking this. I actually found it orinally from my vet (expensive anti anxiety dog pill ingredients l theanine and meat flavoring). I keep buying tablets in the large foil bag on EBAY (the ones for humans not dogs!). It is better than an anti anxiety pill as there is no exhaustion or other side effects, just a calming feeling that allows you to relax a bit and think I buy a huge bag and that makes it cheap. The capsule form is more expensive"

mesaarizona (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 20, 2017

For Dietary Supplementation: "I had great results. It enhanced my cognitive thinking and lessoned my memory loss. The only problem was it gave me an unbelievable body odor. I could smell it but not sure if anyone else could. No one mentioned me smelling bad. I had to stop taking them because I couldn't stand the odor. My girlfriend takes it to help her blood pressure, which the doctors couldn't seem to regulate."

PEP4600 December 30, 2016

For Dietary Supplementation: "I was considering talking to my doctor about my anxiety, then a friend suggested stress formula by sundown. I cant believe how well this works, for the money and not worrying about harmful side effects, this is the way to go for me!"

kalhoon (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2016