User Reviews for L-theanine

Learn more about L-theanine.

Dietary Supplementation 17 reviews 561 medications

8.8
Summary of L-theanine reviews 17 reviews 8.8

Reviews for L-theanine

For Dietary Supplementation: "I have trouble turning off my brain as soon as the lights go off at bed time. I some times get only 4 hours of sleep. This melatonin plus 200gm L-theanime is helping me go to sleep and stay asleep. I am type 2 Diebetic and I have also noticed my blood sugar levels are much better."

Shutterbug78 (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2016

For Dietary Supplementation: "I have ptsd, generalized anxiety, and panic disorder from years of substance abuse which effect many facets of my health. I cannot handle stress well, my head is usually pulsing or aching, and I frequently get dizzy spells and feel lightheaded. I tried lexapro and it did not really make me feel well. It helped with anxiety and the panic attacks, but I felt emotionally flat and withdrawn from life. Since stopping the lexapro, I have resumed many of my previous daily symptoms associated with anxiety. I just started taking a liquid concentrate of l-theanine sublingually and it is nothing short of a miracle. My head is clear again and I can actually deal with my responsibilities. I feel like my life was given back to me. Highly recommended."

NateTGreat (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2016

For Dietary Supplementation: "So much better than Prozac or Zoloft. No side effects"

Bnaturelady (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2016

For Dietary Supplementation: "I have been perscibed just about every drug (Chemical) they have for anxiety and depression, after finding out about the benefits of L-Theanine I have been taking 200mg per day and I feel like I did before I knew depression ever existed! Amazingly my body is reacting very well to the supplement and has not experienced a withdrawal effect from no longer taking the xanax I love that its all natural it's like brain food I feel so Alive"

TT August 28, 2016

For Dietary Supplementation: "I took it for help falling asleep (insomnia) and it worked like a charm, however I have a very sour stomach this a.M. "

Rockymax44 August 10, 2016

For Dietary Supplementation: "Military Veteran suffering from ptsd, anxiety, and insomnia. I was skeptical at first, after taking 400mg per day I definitely notice a difference. Not a miracle happy pill, but takes the edge away, allows me to feel halfway normal in stressful situations. Helps take my stomach out of knots. Sleep a little better. Can't complain, will continue to take."

Dizz79 July 25, 2016

For Dietary Supplementation: "I have been taking this for about 6 months after being diagnosed with Generalized anxiety. This stuff is a lifesaver. I'm not worrying all the time and I can actually relax. Definitely worth trying!"

Rachel Lee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2016

For Dietary Supplementation: "I had terrible anxiety and insomnia, since taking l-theanine I have no anxiety and I am now have no issues sleeping. For me it has been amazing."

Genie Pepper June 29, 2016

For Dietary Supplementation: "I purchased this product a few days ago because it's a safe alternative to ssri'so for my son's anxiety. He's on the autism spectrum, he's 13 with severe anxiety. I have been giving him a hundred milligrams 3 times a day and he told me how much better he feels, he's so much happier. He isn't easily distracted or buried in video games. He's talkative and his conversations are appropriate. So far I think this is a miracle drug. I really hope this continues."

Autism Mom (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2016

For Dietary Supplementation: "It's great. I deal so much better with stress. It doesn't make me sleepy"

Tea726 May 14, 2016

For Dietary Supplementation: " I didn't know until I started reading the reviews how good this product really is i have add and I can tell you that it takes away the blues more specifically it gives you the power to finish your work"

smitty508 March 28, 2016

For Dietary Supplementation: "I take about 800 mg of L-theanine appx 1/2 hour before skating competitions to reduce my stage-fright/performance anxiety. I have also taken it before presentations at work. It works amazing well at eliminating my anxiety and allowing me to focus so that I can utilize all my practice and preparation (without being hindered by anxiety). The other benefit of L-theanine is that it doesn't make me drowsy. My Naturopath first prescribed it and now I just buy it"

Kiwik (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 6, 2015

For : "I use L-theanine to help with my anxiety and OCD. I take 400mg-600mg 1-2x/day as needed. It has helped to calm and relax in intense situations. An evening dose has helped calm the anxiety keeping me awake at night. It also takes the edge off of caffeine and helps calm nerves for public speaking."

Calming Tea Leaves April 18, 2015

For Dietary Supplementation: "I take anywhere between 200 to 2000mg's (Yes, 2 Thousand milligrams/2 grams) and it works wonders for anxiety and panic and also stress in general. Great with caffeine too."

Michael N. March 6, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Dietary Supplementation: "I take L-Theanine Stress Formula with Calming Blend by Sundown. It greatly helps me relax at night time. It is not like taking a benzodiazipine, but definitely helps take the edge off. I am prescribed Adderall for trouble concentrating. I sometimes use it with the Adderall to decrease jitteryness. I also often mix L-Theanine with Valerian (whole root, not extract) to help me sleep."

SteveO86 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2014

For Dietary Supplementation: "I take theanine with my morning coffee- it cuts out any jitters and goes well with caffeine. I mix approximately 250 mg L-Theanine powder into the drink. "

KD778 March 25, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Dietary Supplementation: "I am a 53 year old female and have ADD. For almost 1 year, I was having extremely difficult memory problems. There weren't enough Post-it notes in the world to help relieve my anxiety about my progressing memory problem. The biggest result I have had is the ability to focus on my work, assimilate information and stay on task. I've taken prescribed medications (Ritalin, Xanax) in an effort to correct my mild ADD. This supplement is a life-saver, and job-saver for me."

Robin1961 (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2014

147 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Dietary Supplementation: "I found l-theanine to have no effect on anxiety, sleep or mood. There were no negative effects either. I used 200mg/day"

zakb November 10, 2013

For : "I get a lot of energy from this and very up and fun mood."

Anonymous June 8, 2012