User Reviews for Sklice

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Sklice.

Head Lice
6.9

Summary of Sklice reviews 6.9 37 reviews

Reviews for Sklice

For Head Lice "Love it. Worked the first time"

Anonymous November 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "Picked up lice staying at a friends house in North Carolina. She didn't tell me her daughter was having trouble with lice every 4 months before I visited or else I would have stayed at a hotel. Anyway, I have tried just about every over the counter product and nothing worked. Read all the directions & followed the directions exactly. Then I tried home remedies. Nothing worked. I bought Sklice at $150. with insurance. It doesn't work. I applied it to dry hair, used the entire tube, worked it in, all hair covered, left it on 10 min. as directed, washed it out and combed out the bugs and nits. The next day, I still have live lice. It's now 2 days later and basically it didn't work. It did kill some but not all. Now what? Such a nightmare."

Now what? (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "My oldest daughter had tons of live lice and eggs while my youngest appeared to only have eggs. We tried OTC and googled remedies without success. Went to the pediatrician and she Rx sklice which seems like it worked at first but now three weeks later there's STILL eggs visible on my oldest daughter's hair. Youngest is clear. I've been combing out eggs daily up to twice a day and STILL she has eggs. Frustrating"

Lauren0 (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "It worked! My hair is waist length. I did have a friend comb through my hair one time after treatment with an nit comb, but that's it. I used Sklice on my granddaughter who had lice to begin with and gave it to me. I did comb and pick all the nits out, but I never found a live bug after using Sklice. It's been about 2-3 weeks now. Still bug and nit free! Wish I had used this first!!"

Jessjaja (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "I used the product twice. I coated entire head as directed and let it sit for 40 minutes. The second time, I used a tube and a half and made sure it stayed on my head for the same time - far longer than the required 10 minutes before rinsing out, and didn't wash hair for two days. After both uses, I still felt itching, crawling. And this after going through the lice song and dance routine (washing, sterilizing everything I have ever come in contact with, passed by, looked at, breathed on, thought about, replacing combs, accessories, etc, etc, etc.). Several nits were found in my hair after this. My daughter did the same with her family. I pulled live lice from her hair last night. "

Nicole49 July 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "Fought these suckers for a year on and off with my kids. I tried vinegar and salt, coca cola, olive oil, dollar store brand, rid and an expensive moose..kept coming back so I got so aggrevated and took them to doc he prescribed sklice and DONE..BOOM..NOTTA BUG ANYWHERE..finally peace..thank you sklice..one and done"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "After speaking with the doctor, they advised that I could comb out the nits after using this product, but that both had used it with success and no comb. Instructions for the product say leave in for at least 10 minutes. I stuck my seven-year-old naked in the bathroom and let him play in an empty bathtub with some plastic toys after completely covering his head in the product. After the hour, I washed his head thoroughly with Ivory bar soap. I then proceeded to vacuum all of the floors, strip and wash all of the bedding in the entire house, all of the towels, and all of the clothes that weren't in the dresser. Spray the couches liberally with Lysol (enough that they are damp). Every single stuffed animal also went through​. No more lice!"

Big McLargeHuge (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "This didn't work at all I went to the beauty supply Got Teatree soap And wash my granddaughters head in it then tea tree spray . Sprayed all over her hair. Combed her hair . Every day I sprayed some on my hand Teatree Then rub it in her hair every day before she went to school she never had a more head lice any more"

Avaleen April 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "I used Sklice last summer after many OTC fails. I was going on vacation and desperate to get rid of the lice, staying with friends and family could not bring lice into their home. It did get rid of the lice but I have had a very severe reaction and it is still on going after 7 months. I have severe itching, painful cysts, dandruff and have lots 1/2 of my hair. Had to take pain killers and sleep aids to survive. Am I the only one with this reaction, does anyone else have a cure for the cure? I have seen several doctors and dermatologist without relief."

Grandma99999 March 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "I have been battling Lice and Nits with my 2 yr old and I SWEAR BY SKLICE. This 100% works. No combing, just washing it out. THEY JUST FALL OUT!"

Nikki Boone (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "After three treatments of OTC failures I used Sklice. I got a special brush from beauty supply store used for coloring hair, $1.29 and separated hair like a beautician does to apply product to small areas from scalp to ends. Started at the base of neck and moved upwards to top and front of head. Took me over 2 hours to apply. Then put a shower cap on for 45 minutes. Used nit comb to comb out the same way I applied. I found adults & tons of nits. Kept cleaning nit comb with baby wipes in ziplock bag for safe disposal. Total success. After days I keep searching her hair and finding nothing. My cost was initially $351.52 minus online coupon and my insurance resulted in a final out of pocket expense of $10.00. Great product."

Resolution gma (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice ""Treated daughter as directed with Sklice, and 5 days later, live lice reappeared. Disappointed to say the least after washing bedding, putting away stuffed animals, etc. Any health care provider I talked to about the re-occurrence said that you MUST comb out the nits even though the Sklice directions and website advertise that no combing is needed. Feel greatly misled." But that was not the problem because in addition I did nit comb every time. This has been the 4th time doing this at $200 a treatment(Yes one time use per tube) wow is SkyLice getting over on us. Seems Skylice owes me some money back. It does not work...."

InformedTopic (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "Four kids and myself all infested. Used Sklice. Nurse practioner said I didn't have to comb out nits. The directions said do not comb out nits. Needless to say this DID not work. I have tried OTC did not work. I have gone to a lice clinic and used their home products. Still waiting for results. Keeping my fingers crossed."

Mom of four December 31, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "We had tried everything. With the OTC treatment products, lice were still alive after use and we still had to comb. We came close to eradicating this way but very time consuming & then I think my daughter caught them at school again! It's been about 2 months now with this product and I am pretty sure we are still all clear. This stuff killed the live ones immediately. Although the product supposedly doesn't require nit combing, I wasn't taking any chances. Not sure if the ones that I picked out were dead or alive but at least this product gave us a fighting chance on the infestation. I would use again (though it doesn't look as if I'll have to). Expensive but your time and sanity are worth it."

EB2 December 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "I used Sklice on my daughter as per the doctor's recommendation to get rid if nits. I was happy at first since it was only a 10 minute treatment. I even saw the dead nits dropping out of her hair as I used a brush to blow dry her hair! Two weeks later the nits were back!!!! The product said it wasn't necessary to comb out nits, so I didn't! Big mistake! I ended up taking her to a professional place that deals with Lice and was told ALL NITS MUST BE COMBED OUT DEAD OR ALIVE! The product was misleading. Exhausted and stressed out over this."

Stressed out mom November 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "Treated daughter as directed with Sklice, and 5 days later, live lice reappeared. Disappointed to say the least after washing bedding, putting away stuffed animals, etc. Any health care provider I talked to about the re-occurrence said that you MUST comb out the nits even though the Sklice directions and website advertise that no combing is needed. Feel greatly misled."

TeacherMomma November 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "The product says you do not have to comb after use, but I did anyway. Next day, tried to return my daughter to school, went to nurse, still nits. That night, combed again...long blonde hair, strand by strand, under a magnifying light for 6 hours Next day, tried to return my daughter to school, still nits (very few, but one is all she needed to keep her out of school) I am not sure which of us burst into tears first...so frustrating. I have not seen any live lice, so it worked in that sense, but do not believe the packaging that says combing not required. By the way, I think I killed most of the lice prior to using this product by coating her hair with a mix of olive oil, coconut oil and tea tree conditioner. This sucks!"

nit pick mom (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "My youngest daughter came down with lice 3 yrs ago from my sitter's daughter. Needless to say by the time I found out, my other daughter and myself had it too. Pediatrician advised to try OT counter drugs 3 times first. After spending over $500, got prescription for Sklice (not covered on insurance then). It cleared up the first try. Best product & worth $300 paid. I though was leary and left some items (stuff animals to pillows) in bags for over a year. Now 3 years later, and once again youngest daughter as caught as she will not wear her hair up due to sensory issues. Had doctor to prescribe without trying anything else. With coupon this time paid $10 instead of $59 a tube (my co-pay)! Now praying for good results again."

ginny06 October 1, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "I have been battling head lice with my 2 daughters for years and years and years. I have tried EVERYTHING. This last battle which has lasted over a year had me at my wits end. Shaving was next. I finally had my doc phone in Sklice. BEST STUFF EVER EVER EVER!!!! You have saved my sanity and my beautiful girls hair."

Dakotasloanezoe August 31, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "I have had to use Sklice twice now on my 7yr old daughter and it works like a charm!!! I will never buy OTC options AGAIN!!! thank you Sklice, you make having these little buggers a breeze to get rid of!!! Luv, Luv, Luv!!!"

Zoes mom August 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "2nd time in 14 month my daughter has lice. Used rid. Day 2 small live lice appeared. Possibly hatched overnight. Called pediatrician and day 2 got a script for Sklice. With coupon & insurance, paid $10. I was so hopeful this was the answer to our prayers. My daughter has very long hair & takes hours to nit pick. I even use a magnifier lamp light to check her head which I highly recommend! Sklice is supposed to kill nits. My older daughter has a microscope &did a little science experiment:out of about 15 nits, 6 were still alive. I have checked her hair daily for 7 days since using Sklice and vacuumed & laundered everything (more than once) & day 7 found a live louse on her head! Retreated with rid and cleaned again! Disappointed w/sklice."

Meem0601 August 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "Two girls and I got it from school - UGH. Did Nix for 10 minutes (per package) and it didn't work. Called nurse. Did Nix again same day for 30 minutes. Two days later they appear again, so I called doctor. Did Nix again for 2.5 hours (was told it never failed). 2.5 days later they appear again, so I called my other doctor. Did Sklice for 10 minutes (per package) and we are now entering day 7 after Sklice treatment and we are looking good. I have been REALLY vigilant about looking for nits, too. We check everyone very well each morning - I do NOT want this back! What a nightmare. I've changed the beds every day for 12 days straight to help ensure no occurrence and bagged anything that wasn't nailed down. Expensive, but worth it."

First time dealing with lice (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "This is the best product ever!!!!! After fighting super lice for months. One application and they are gone!!!!!"

andreadawn1984 July 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "So far, I am amazed at the quality of this product. She stopped itching almost immediately after use. No bugs, no live eggs found in hair. Hair is shiny and soft. I wasted a bunch of money before Sklice on stuff that had zero effect on her. The out of pocket cost with this NOT bogus coupon was only $40 as opposed to the original $300. I would definitely buy this again for head lice. Amazing stuff."

Lynne1113 July 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Head Lice "This product is ridiculous...sure its easy but it is ridiculously expensive even with the bogus 'coupon'. My daughter still had eggs hatching after using this product and after reading all the information in the box, I found out that its not even SAFE ENOUGH TO USE IT AGAIN?! WHAT?! My doctor did not tell me that I was putting an unsafe treatment on my child's head. We went to see another pediatrician who suggested another 'easy to use' medicine called Natroba. Paid $15 dollars for it and it worked like a charm. I wish I had known about this before wasting time and money on this joke of a product called sklice. Ugh."

Fooled (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2016