User Reviews for Sklice

Head Lice 28 reviews 48 medications

7.5
Summary of Sklice reviews 28 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Sklice

For Head Lice "I have been battling Lice and Nits with my 2 yr old and I SWEAR BY SKLICE. This 100% works. No combing, just washing it out. THEY JUST FALL OUT!"

Nikki Boone (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "After three treatments of OTC failures I used Sklice. I got a special brush from beauty supply store used for coloring hair, $1.29 and separated hair like a beautician does to apply product to small areas from scalp to ends. Started at the base of neck and moved upwards to top and front of head. Took me over 2 hours to apply. Then put a shower cap on for 45 minutes. Used nit comb to comb out the same way I applied. I found adults & tons of nits. Kept cleaning nit comb with baby wipes in ziplock bag for safe disposal. Total success. After days I keep searching her hair and finding nothing. My cost was initially $351.52 minus online coupon and my insurance resulted in a final out of pocket expense of $10.00. Great product."

Resolution gma (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice ""Treated daughter as directed with Sklice, and 5 days later, live lice reappeared. Disappointed to say the least after washing bedding, putting away stuffed animals, etc. Any health care provider I talked to about the re-occurrence said that you MUST comb out the nits even though the Sklice directions and website advertise that no combing is needed. Feel greatly misled." But that was not the problem because in addition I did nit comb every time. This has been the 4th time doing this at $200 a treatment(Yes one time use per tube) wow is SkyLice getting over on us. Seems Skylice owes me some money back. It does not work...."

InformedTopic (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "Four kids and myself all infested. Used Sklice. Nurse practioner said I didn't have to comb out nits. The directions said do not comb out nits. Needless to say this DID not work. I have tried OTC did not work. I have gone to a lice clinic and used their home products. Still waiting for results. Keeping my fingers crossed."

Mom of four December 31, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "We had tried everything. With the OTC treatment products, lice were still alive after use and we still had to comb. We came close to eradicating this way but very time consuming & then I think my daughter caught them at school again! It's been about 2 months now with this product and I am pretty sure we are still all clear. This stuff killed the live ones immediately. Although the product supposedly doesn't require nit combing, I wasn't taking any chances. Not sure if the ones that I picked out were dead or alive but at least this product gave us a fighting chance on the infestation. I would use again (though it doesn't look as if I'll have to). Expensive but your time and sanity are worth it."

EB2 December 28, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "I used Sklice on my daughter as per the doctor's recommendation to get rid if nits. I was happy at first since it was only a 10 minute treatment. I even saw the dead nits dropping out of her hair as I used a brush to blow dry her hair! Two weeks later the nits were back!!!! The product said it wasn't necessary to comb out nits, so I didn't! Big mistake! I ended up taking her to a professional place that deals with Lice and was told ALL NITS MUST BE COMBED OUT DEAD OR ALIVE! The product was misleading. Exhausted and stressed out over this."

Stressed out mom November 24, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "Treated daughter as directed with Sklice, and 5 days later, live lice reappeared. Disappointed to say the least after washing bedding, putting away stuffed animals, etc. Any health care provider I talked to about the re-occurrence said that you MUST comb out the nits even though the Sklice directions and website advertise that no combing is needed. Feel greatly misled."

TeacherMomma November 3, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "The product says you do not have to comb after use, but I did anyway. Next day, tried to return my daughter to school, went to nurse, still nits. That night, combed again...long blonde hair, strand by strand, under a magnifying light for 6 hours Next day, tried to return my daughter to school, still nits (very few, but one is all she needed to keep her out of school) I am not sure which of us burst into tears first...so frustrating. I have not seen any live lice, so it worked in that sense, but do not believe the packaging that says combing not required. By the way, I think I killed most of the lice prior to using this product by coating her hair with a mix of olive oil, coconut oil and tea tree conditioner. This sucks!"

nit pick mom (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "My youngest daughter came down with lice 3 yrs ago from my sitter's daughter. Needless to say by the time I found out, my other daughter and myself had it too. Pediatrician advised to try OT counter drugs 3 times first. After spending over $500, got prescription for Sklice (not covered on insurance then). It cleared up the first try. Best product & worth $300 paid. I though was leary and left some items (stuff animals to pillows) in bags for over a year. Now 3 years later, and once again youngest daughter as caught as she will not wear her hair up due to sensory issues. Had doctor to prescribe without trying anything else. With coupon this time paid $10 instead of $59 a tube (my co-pay)! Now praying for good results again."

ginny06 October 1, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "I have been battling head lice with my 2 daughters for years and years and years. I have tried EVERYTHING. This last battle which has lasted over a year had me at my wits end. Shaving was next. I finally had my doc phone in Sklice. BEST STUFF EVER EVER EVER!!!! You have saved my sanity and my beautiful girls hair."

Dakotasloanezoe August 31, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "I have had to use Sklice twice now on my 7yr old daughter and it works like a charm!!! I will never buy OTC options AGAIN!!! thank you Sklice, you make having these little buggers a breeze to get rid of!!! Luv, Luv, Luv!!!"

Zoes mom August 25, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "2nd time in 14 month my daughter has lice. Used rid. Day 2 small live lice appeared. Possibly hatched overnight. Called pediatrician and day 2 got a script for Sklice. With coupon & insurance, paid $10. I was so hopeful this was the answer to our prayers. My daughter has very long hair & takes hours to nit pick. I even use a magnifier lamp light to check her head which I highly recommend! Sklice is supposed to kill nits. My older daughter has a microscope &did a little science experiment:out of about 15 nits, 6 were still alive. I have checked her hair daily for 7 days since using Sklice and vacuumed & laundered everything (more than once) & day 7 found a live louse on her head! Retreated with rid and cleaned again! Disappointed w/sklice."

Meem0601 August 20, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "Two girls and I got it from school - UGH. Did Nix for 10 minutes (per package) and it didn't work. Called nurse. Did Nix again same day for 30 minutes. Two days later they appear again, so I called doctor. Did Nix again for 2.5 hours (was told it never failed). 2.5 days later they appear again, so I called my other doctor. Did Sklice for 10 minutes (per package) and we are now entering day 7 after Sklice treatment and we are looking good. I have been REALLY vigilant about looking for nits, too. We check everyone very well each morning - I do NOT want this back! What a nightmare. I've changed the beds every day for 12 days straight to help ensure no occurrence and bagged anything that wasn't nailed down. Expensive, but worth it."

First time dealing with lice (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "This is the best product ever!!!!! After fighting super lice for months. One application and they are gone!!!!!"

andreadawn1984 July 12, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "So far, I am amazed at the quality of this product. She stopped itching almost immediately after use. No bugs, no live eggs found in hair. Hair is shiny and soft. I wasted a bunch of money before Sklice on stuff that had zero effect on her. The out of pocket cost with this NOT bogus coupon was only $40 as opposed to the original $300. I would definitely buy this again for head lice. Amazing stuff."

Lynne1113 July 11, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "This product is ridiculous...sure its easy but it is ridiculously expensive even with the bogus 'coupon'. My daughter still had eggs hatching after using this product and after reading all the information in the box, I found out that its not even SAFE ENOUGH TO USE IT AGAIN?! WHAT?! My doctor did not tell me that I was putting an unsafe treatment on my child's head. We went to see another pediatrician who suggested another 'easy to use' medicine called Natroba. Paid $15 dollars for it and it worked like a charm. I wish I had known about this before wasting time and money on this joke of a product called sklice. Ugh."

Fooled (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "I have used this on the entire family because otc treatments are not effective now. It doesn't work at all! After leaving it 10 min as instructed I still pulled out 2 live adults from my kids."

Neatn April 5, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "I used Sklice yesterday on my 6 year old whohas long, thick, curly hair. I only found a few live adults on her, but so many nits. The contents of the tube was barely enough to cover all of her hair. Today, I could not find any live lice, but nits remained even after using a nit comb. I called the customer service line. The representative could not answer if the product kills the nits, and even insisted that a nit is an empty egg casing...seriously? Um no, it's an unhatched louse. They need to provide more accurate scripting for people who answer their phones. That's basic information, not rocket science. I guess we will find out."

RhisMom (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "My daughter came home with lice this friday. I tried 2 types of head lice shampoo that didn't work. My daughter doctor prescribe Sklice. Wow it work wonders in 1 day no more lice. I'm very thankful. And it's very expensive."

Head lice treament January 27, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "Get Sklice. Do not stop, call your Dr and go straight to the pharmacy. This magical lotion is totally miraculous!! No side effects- and it was gentle for 6 months old. I used on my 2 year old. Seriously, I honestly would have cut my girls hair without it. This is the second time we've used it and it kills bugs AND nits. I comb all the nits out after to be 100% sure of no reoccurrence, but I think it works as is. It is very expensive though, so use the Sklice coupon on the website and its cheaper. You won't regret it. (Why don't more parents know about this? Sanofi you need to be running advertising on this! Retarget lice searches!)"

Grateful mom of girls (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 8, 2015

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "100% pleased with Sklice. When it was time to wash out, dead bugs came out and a week later haven't seen anything else. Very Sticky just like glue, so start at the scalp! I also combed though bc its so sticky to ensure it got everywhere."

NoDramaMomma November 25, 2015

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "I have been dealing with my daughter having lice through this past school year. The hours spent on removing the bugs was too much. I'm so glad the drug rep came to my workplace and introduced this magical lotion. My daughter is now bug free and happy. Very satisfied!"

Anonymous June 12, 2015

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "One of my students has had chronic lice last school year and again this school year. I have provided OTC lice shampoo several times and have sent child home weekly with live head lice. Each time child is sent home, child has returned with no live head lice but still having nits. (Our school is not a no nit school.) Each week the child would have live lice again and have to be sent home. I found the article about the FDA releasing Sklice and printed the information for the parent of the student with chronic lice. The student came to me yesterday and I found dead lice in child's hair. I discussed this with the child's mother who said she used the Sklice as directed. So far, so wonderful!"

a school nurse February 10, 2015

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "After finding live lice in my 10 yr old daughters hair, I immediately went to buy an OTC product. Treated hair that evening & 2x daily I would painstakingly go through her hair removing nits. 4 days later, found live lice (and yes, I followed the directions to the tee!). I retreated, but the next day my other daughter was scratching, she had lice too! I did same treatment for her as well, but when I found that I had them as well, I called their pediatrician and that's where Sklice came into the picture. He not only prescribed treatments for us, but for my two sons and husband as well. One treatment and POOF! No more lice!!! No more hrs spent removing nits!! (Use $25 coupon on Sklice website!)"

happymomof4 (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2014

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Head Lice "I have 4 kids and all of them had lice. My babies were miserable. Sklice was easy to use, and by the time I got the medicine in each of their hair, it was time to start washing out. Made this momma happy and my kids as well! Thank you Sklice!"

Jcarp380 (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2014