User Reviews for Influenza virus vaccine, inactivated to treat Influenza Prophylaxis

Also known as: Fluzone, Fluad, Fluvirin, Afluria, Fluzone High-Dose, Fluarix, Flucelvax Quadrivalent, Flublok Quadrivalent, Flucelvax, Fluzone Quadrivalent, Fluad 2017-2018, Fluarix Quadrivalent, FluLaval Quadrivalent, Fluzone Intradermal Quadrivalent, Fluzone Intradermal, Fluvirin Preservative-Free, Fluzone Preservative-Free, Fluzone Preservative-Free Pediatric, Fluzone Preservative-Free Pediatric Quadrivalent, Fluzone Preservative-Free Quadrivalent, Afluria 2017-2018, Fluvirin 2017-2018, Fluvirin Preservative-Free 2017-2018, Fluzone High-Dose 2017-2018, Fluzone Preservative-Free Quadrivalent 2017-2018, Fluzone Quadrivalent 2017-2018, Fluzone Quadrivalent Intradermal 2017-2018, Flublok, FluLaval, Afluria Quadrivalent …show all brand names

Influenza virus vaccine, inactivated Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 27 medications used in the treatment of Influenza Prophylaxis.

Reviews for Influenza virus vaccine, inactivated

moe · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 9, 2019

Flublok Quadrivalent (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): "This is the best flu vaccine out there. Since having it the past 4 years I have not gotten the flu or actually only had one cold during cold and flu season since 2016. All my friends and relatives ask for this vaccine as it is so very effective. It is especially effective in the elderly. However, I noticed on your website it mentions that you can not have it if you are allergic to eggs. Flublok is NOT made from eggs so in fact IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO EGGS THIS IS THE FLU VACCINE YOU CAN HAVE AS IT IS CELL BASED NOT EGG BASED!!.."

Maggie · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 17, 2018

Fluzone High-Dose (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): "The high dose flu vaccine made me very sick the first year I took it so went back to the regular vaccine for the last two years. This year the high dose made my husband very I'll. So he said he is going to take the regular one next year. For the both of us the flu would have been better than the side effects of the vaccine."

Mo W. October 18, 2017

FluLaval Quadrivalent (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): "When I received the flulaval vaccine on 09/28/17 I had a allergic reaction, my left eye was itching and watering I woke up with swelling in my throat and beneath my tongue was rushed to the E.R. where I was given prednisone, pepcip, and Benedryl through I.V. and was monitored over night until the reaction was reversed. I will never get a Flulaval vaccination ever again!! I'm definitely allergic"

ms. evie October 2, 2016

Fluvirin (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): "While I did feel sick after the nasal flu vaccine one year, the flu shot itself NEVER made me sick until this year. I STILL don't understand it. I usually feel a little dizzy the day of and a little run down for a couple days or so but this time I felt pretty sick. The day of I had moderate dizziness which I attributed to lack of sleep and not eating when I had gone for a doctor's appointment where I opted to get the shot when they offered it. I kept explaining it away until the next day when I started having mild flu symptoms. I had the flu before so I know what that's like. These symptoms were VERY MINOR compared to having the flu. I felt feverish, chilled, sore throat, body aches, no appetite, nausea. Still advocate flu shot though."

laciealexis · Taken for less than 1 month October 31, 2013

Fluzone Intradermal (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): "Received this last week and felt a slight pinch. I never received the flu vaccine in the past so I have nothing to compare it to. Not sure what side effects to expect, was very tired later that evening. Did experience some slight cold symptoms which I'm guessing is a side effect. There was no pain at all at the injection site, but a few days later it was a little red and itchy"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 28, 2013

Fluzone (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): "The drug store really pushed the high dose for anyone over 65. My husband had a severe reaction 1 hour after the vaccination. He slumped over in his chair and was extremely hot. He fainted although he did not lose consciousness. We went to the doctor who told us they would not carry this high dose due to the side effects. It is a live vaccine. I would caution anyone about taking this."

Anonymous December 10, 2012

Fluzone Intradermal (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): "Barely felt the pinch. Just a little redness, bump around the injection and itchiness for a few days. Not sore at all compared to regular shots"

Ouch!! October 31, 2012

Fluzone Intradermal (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): "The shot was much more painful than the regular intramuscular flu shot, it felt like a bee sting! However I did experience less soreness after. "

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 19, 2012

Fluzone Intradermal (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): "The $5 extra for this shot was well spent. The injection was virtually painless and my arm was not as sore as it usually is after a flu shot. I will definitely get this again next year!"

Learn more about Influenza Prophylaxis