User Reviews for Influenza virus vaccine, inactivated systemic

Also known as: Afluria, Afluria 2017-2018, Afluria Quadrivalent, Agriflu, Fluad, Fluad 2017-2018, Fluarix, Fluarix Quadrivalent, Flublok, Flublok Quadrivalent, Flucelvax, Flucelvax Quadrivalent, FluLaval, FluLaval Quadrivalent, Fluogen, Flushield, Fluvirin, Fluvirin 2017-2018, Fluvirin Preservative-Free, Fluvirin Preservative-Free 2017-2018, Fluzone, Fluzone High-Dose, Fluzone High-Dose 2017-2018, Fluzone Intradermal, Fluzone Intradermal Quadrivalent, Fluzone Preservative-Free, Fluzone Preservative-Free Pediatric, Fluzone Preservative-Free Pediatric Quadrivalent, Fluzone Preservative-Free Quadrivalent, Fluzone Preservative-Free Quadrivalent 2017-2018, Fluzone Quadrivalent, Fluzone Quadrivalent 2017-2018, Fluzone Quadrivalent Intradermal 2017-2018 …show all brand names

Influenza virus vaccine, inactivated Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Influenza Prophylaxis.

Reviews for Influenza virus vaccine, inactivated to treat Influenza Prophylaxis

Fluzone High-Dose (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): "The high dose flu vaccine made me very sick the first year I took it so went back to the regular vaccine for the last two years. This year the high dose made my husband very I'll. So he said he is going to take the regular one next year. For the both of us the flu would have been better than the side effects of the vaccine."

Maggie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

FluLaval Quadrivalent (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): "When I received the flulaval vaccine on 09/28/17 I had a allergic reaction, my left eye was itching and watering I woke up with swelling in my throat and beneath my tongue was rushed to the E.R. where I was given prednisone, pepcip, and Benedryl through I.V. and was monitored over night until the reaction was reversed. I will never get a Flulaval vaccination ever again!! I'm definitely allergic"

Mo W. October 18, 2017

Fluvirin (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): "While I did feel sick after the nasal flu vaccine one year, the flu shot itself NEVER made me sick until this year. I STILL don't understand it. I usually feel a little dizzy the day of and a little run down for a couple days or so but this time I felt pretty sick. The day of I had moderate dizziness which I attributed to lack of sleep and not eating when I had gone for a doctor's appointment where I opted to get the shot when they offered it. I kept explaining it away until the next day when I started having mild flu symptoms. I had the flu before so I know what that's like. These symptoms were VERY MINOR compared to having the flu. I felt feverish, chilled, sore throat, body aches, no appetite, nausea. Still advocate flu shot though."

ms. evie October 2, 2016

Fluzone Intradermal (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): "Received this last week and felt a slight pinch. I never received the flu vaccine in the past so I have nothing to compare it to. Not sure what side effects to expect, was very tired later that evening. Did experience some slight cold symptoms which I'm guessing is a side effect. There was no pain at all at the injection site, but a few days later it was a little red and itchy"

laciealexis (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2013

Fluzone (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): "The drug store really pushed the high dose for anyone over 65. My husband had a severe reaction 1 hour after the vaccination. He slumped over in his chair and was extremely hot. He fainted although he did not lose consciousness. We went to the doctor who told us they would not carry this high dose due to the side effects. It is a live vaccine. I would caution anyone about taking this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2013

Fluzone Intradermal (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): "Barely felt the pinch. Just a little redness, bump around the injection and itchiness for a few days. Not sore at all compared to regular shots"

Anonymous December 10, 2012

Fluzone Intradermal (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): "The shot was much more painful than the regular intramuscular flu shot, it felt like a bee sting! However I did experience less soreness after. "

Ouch!! October 31, 2012

Fluzone Intradermal (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): "The $5 extra for this shot was well spent. The injection was virtually painless and my arm was not as sore as it usually is after a flu shot. I will definitely get this again next year!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2012