User Reviews for Influenza virus vaccine, inactivated

Also known as: Afluria, Afluria 2017-2018, Afluria Quadrivalent, Agriflu, Fluad, Fluad 2017-2018, Fluarix, Fluarix Quadrivalent, Flublok, Flublok Quadrivalent, Flucelvax, Flucelvax Quadrivalent, FluLaval, FluLaval Quadrivalent, Fluogen, Flushield, Fluvirin, Fluvirin 2017-2018, Fluvirin Preservative-Free, Fluvirin Preservative-Free 2017-2018, Fluzone, Fluzone High-Dose, Fluzone High-Dose 2017-2018, Fluzone Intradermal, Fluzone Intradermal Quadrivalent, Fluzone Preservative-Free, Fluzone Preservative-Free Pediatric, Fluzone Preservative-Free Pediatric Quadrivalent, Fluzone Preservative-Free Quadrivalent, Fluzone Preservative-Free Quadrivalent 2017-2018, Fluzone Quadrivalent, Fluzone Quadrivalent 2017-2018, Fluzone Quadrivalent Intradermal 2017-2018 …show all brand names

Influenza Prophylaxis
8.2

Summary of Influenza virus vaccine, inactivated reviews 7.5 7 reviews

Reviews for Influenza virus vaccine, inactivated

FluLaval Quadrivalent (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: "When I received the flulaval vaccine on 09/28/17 I had a allergic reaction, my left eye was itching and watering I woke up with swelling in my throat and beneath my tongue was rushed to the E.R. where I was given prednisone, pepcip, and Benedryl through I.V. and was monitored over night until the reaction was reversed. I will never get a Flulaval vaccination ever again!! I'm definitely allergic"

Mo W. October 18, 2017

Fluvirin (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: "While I did feel sick after the nasal flu vaccine one year, the flu shot itself NEVER made me sick until this year. I STILL don't understand it. I usually feel a little dizzy the day of and a little run down for a couple days or so but this time I felt pretty sick. The day of I had moderate dizziness which I attributed to lack of sleep and not eating when I had gone for a doctor's appointment where I opted to get the shot when they offered it. I kept explaining it away until the next day when I started having mild flu symptoms. I had the flu before so I know what that's like. These symptoms were VERY MINOR compared to having the flu. I felt feverish, chilled, sore throat, body aches, no appetite, nausea. Still advocate flu shot though."

ms. evie October 2, 2016

Fluzone (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for : "There was no pain at the injection site. Both my boyfriend and I received the shot and had close to the same experience, except I have been having extreme vomiting, after 2 weeks of getting the shot. We both experienced a severe headache starting within 30 minutes of receiving the shot that lasted about a day and a half, followed by severe diarrhea that is still going on, three weeks from the time of injection with nausea. He is having lots of muscle aches still, while I'm having severe pain up one of my legs near the hip. Neither of us had problems or sickness before the shot that would indicate it was something other than the shot."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) January 1, 2014

Fluzone Intradermal (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: "Received this last week and felt a slight pinch. I never received the flu vaccine in the past so I have nothing to compare it to. Not sure what side effects to expect, was very tired later that evening. Did experience some slight cold symptoms which I'm guessing is a side effect. There was no pain at all at the injection site, but a few days later it was a little red and itchy"

laciealexis (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2013

Fluzone (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: "The drug store really pushed the high dose for anyone over 65. My husband had a severe reaction 1 hour after the vaccination. He slumped over in his chair and was extremely hot. He fainted although he did not lose consciousness. We went to the doctor who told us they would not carry this high dose due to the side effects. It is a live vaccine. I would caution anyone about taking this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2013

Fluzone Intradermal (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: "Barely felt the pinch. Just a little redness, bump around the injection and itchiness for a few days. Not sore at all compared to regular shots"

Anonymous December 10, 2012

Fluzone Intradermal (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: "The shot was much more painful than the regular intramuscular flu shot, it felt like a bee sting! However I did experience less soreness after. "

Ouch!! October 31, 2012

Fluzone Intradermal (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: "The $5 extra for this shot was well spent. The injection was virtually painless and my arm was not as sore as it usually is after a flu shot. I will definitely get this again next year!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2012

Fluzone Intradermal (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for : "The injection was barely felt. For someone who has an aversion to needles, it is the way to go. No sore arm. But had more cold like symptoms, more noticable than in the past with regular intramuscular injections."

Anonymous November 23, 2011