User Reviews for Influenza virus vaccine, inactivated

Also known as: Fluzone, Afluria, Flucelvax, Fluad, Fluvirin, Flucelvax Quadrivalent, Fluzone High-Dose, Fluzone Quadrivalent, Fluarix, Fluarix Quadrivalent, Fluad Quadrivalent, Flublok Quadrivalent, Afluria Quadrivalent, Flublok, FluLaval Quadrivalent, FluLaval, Fluzone High-Dose Quadrivalent, Fluzone Preservative-Free, Fluzone Preservative-Free Quadrivalent, Flucelvax Preservative-Free Quadrivalent, Fluzone Intradermal Quadrivalent, Fluzone Intradermal, FluLaval Preservative-Free Quadrivalent, Fluvirin Preservative-Free, Fluzone Preservative-Free Pediatric, Fluzone Preservative-Free Pediatric Quadrivalent, Afluria Preservative-Free Pediatric Quadrivalent, Afluria Preservative-Free Quadrivalent, Fluad Preservative-Free, Fluad Preservative-Free Quadrivalent, Fluarix Preservative-Free Quadrivalent, Fluzone Preservative-Free High-Dose Quadrivalent …show all brand names

Influenza Prophylaxis   3.5

Reviews for Influenza virus vaccine, inactivated

Iver · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2021

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “Never got flu like symptoms. But will like to share that I take vitamin D3 daily and try to eat healthy, no sweets per say.”

DJB December 29, 2020

Fluzone Quadrivalent (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “Long time-20 year physician assistant I am studying influenza for my PhD which is almost complete. Also have an MPH. Got the flu injection last Monday, and my normal pattern is 5 days in I get that invisible sickness we tell everyone they "can't get" and it's all in their heads. But this time - I have n well enough to go GET a covid test (it was believed I had it in April, I got very ill, lost taste and smell very dramatically (before we knew it was a symptom) but the older test came back negative and they quarantined me for 12 days. This flu shot at 5 days - I am now at 7 days post injection. I cannot sleep, my legs ached beyond anything I have ever felt, and the last 2 days my head is feels like it is popping off - but I know headaches and this one is VERY flu-like. I am miserable and have to report to NYC health, Manhattan for a paid gig helping in the Covid surge this week in the ER and ICU as I have been out of work since laid off due to the damn virus. So I have to will myself better”

Z · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 25, 2020

Fluarix Quadrivalent (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “I’ve taken the Flu shot in the past before but I knew something was wrong when I took it this year 10/14/2020! I was given fluraxix quadrivalent by my RNS, since 10/14 I’ve experienced right eye pain, right arm muscle and joint pain, right leg muscle and joint pain, fatigue. Swelling at injection site leakage to injection site. Rhinitis, coughing, syncope and dizziness! I have all these lovely things I didn’t have before this disgusting flu shot! I’ve documented events! And I have involved my family and friends! My supervisor told me to go to my doctor! And I was wondering to myself what are they going to do exactly??? But blame it on something else I don’t have! Oh I forgot to mention the pain won’t subside with APAP 1grm and IBU 800mg!”

Martel December 16, 2020

Fluzone High-Dose (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “First time ever. Never again!”

Missy · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2020

Fluzone High-Dose (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “I’m 66 years old and this is the first time I had the Fluzone HD. I was okay with the shot until bedtime, when I experienced muscle aches, chills and slight headaches (no fever) which lasted a couple of days. By the third day, all symptoms had resolved. I never experienced any swelling or pain in the arm where the shot was administered. I have always taken flu shots and had the 65 and over flu shot last year. This is the first time I every experienced any side effects. I was informed that I would have some stiffness which was an understatement! I’m in good health and not on any medications. I will stick with the regular 65 and older flu vaccination from now on!”

Gale · Taken for less than 1 month November 21, 2020

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “WOW, I received the quadrivalent flu vaccine in the US as a health care provider. I have now been out of work for a week, being paid "covid pay" even though my covid result was negative. I literally couldn't even drive my car yesterday, so dizzy, difficulty waking, muscle weakness, and pin/needles in my legs and feet (toes very cold), felt like my blood vessels were under attack. At one point my temperature dropped very low and I thought it was the end of me. Documented everything and getting a letter for the rest of my life from my doctors, no flu shots. Unacceptable. The Occupational RN at my hospital thought it maybe Covid since it's going around and I guess there is Covid pay available even for people who test negative. We live in a very strange world, but I have lost confidence in the vaccine industry and our government.”

HEDWIG 2020 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 14, 2020

Fluzone High-Dose (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “One month ago when I had my annual flu shot, I had a reaction I had never experienced before. I had no fever (I constantly monitored my temp) but as soon as I arrived back home, I had severe muscle pain not in the arm I received the shot in, the pain was in the opposite shoulder. I wanted to know if the shot I received this year was a different formula (maybe stronger for the elderly) or from a different manufacturer. The pain was severe enough to cause me great concern. It has only now gotten better after a week after of ibuprofen and warm compresses. If this is a different flu shot formula I said, please note in my chart not to use it in the future. I am better now but very concerned about my reaction this year. Please let me know if you find any variance in the formula this year. ( I later found out this medication was indeed FLUZONE !!!! I was not informed nor was I asked if I wanted to try this NEW medication.) I have informed my physician to NEVER give me this drug again.”

pocketwatch · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2020

Fluzone High-Dose (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “I got the Fluzone High-Dose for this first time this year. I normally get the regular injection with no issues. I am 72 and a very healthy guy. 8 hours after the injection I am suddenly hit with severe body aches, cough, headache, and my oxygen level dropped to 83. I spent 3 days in the hospital and a week later I have severe fatigue issues and some kind of upper respiratory infection. If I try and take a deep breath I can't, I start to cough and have some blood in what I cough up. I was tested for covid and the flu which were negative. My white blood cell count is twice what it should be. You want my advice? Stay clear of this shot.”

Rii · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2020

Fluzone High-Dose (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “Took Fluzone High-Dose on Nov. 7, 2019. Was wiped out for two weeks. Left hand, arm tingling (neuropathy) and tightening of chest. Subsided after two weeks but came back worse a week later for another two weeks. Neuropathy now in both hands and arms; heart beat accelerated to 90's (normally 60). Difficulty walking to my car's parking lot two blocks away. Had to stop and rest. The subsided again. Then back a third time around the end of December. Still tightness in chest which was very worrisome. Throughout 2020 to date I have continued to have lung congestion issues. Have been taking Mucinex over-the-counter equivalent to settle things down for the past three months. I cannot recommend this or any of these vaccines. Seems like the CDC may not be doing sufficient testing of these flu prevention products.”

Baldine · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2020

Fluzone Quadrivalent (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “Extreme hair loss. My husband and I had received our annual flu shots this year, on October 13th. We both became ill right away with flu symptoms, still suffering with vomiting and hair loss. My husband has lost most of his hair and my hair since the shot has thinned dramatically.”

Mickey · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2020

Fluzone High-Dose (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “I had the high dose flu vaccine and approximately two weeks later, I went from someone that worked out five days a week to not being able to walk. I was hospitalized for five days, I was in extreme pain in my back and my legs, it took me six weeks to get back to walking and feeling like myself.”

My Mom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 21, 2020

Fluzone High-Dose (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “My very healthy 83 year old 108 lb. mom, who taught aerobics, aqua, has a gym in her home - Got this vaccine a year ago Oct. 2019. 3-days later I had to rush her to Emergency with an elevated heart rate, head/neck pains, breathing problems. She saw a neurologist, had a CT scan, MRI, etc. NOTHING. I rushed her to the hospital 3 more times since. She has now been sick & on-and-off steroids for an entire year now! She is weak, lethargic, wobbly legs/gait with trouble walking (fell on her face!), floaty, numbness in her feet, choking feeling in her neck, drowning feeling in her throat. I used to brag about my Mom's youthfulness and healthy physical condition, and know this developed from the vaccine. I'm becoming depressed trying to get her diagnosed and treated because no one in the medical field wants to admit there's anything wrong with any flu vaccine, they want to blame it on her age. This was sudden, though.”

Black labs Rock October 21, 2020

FluLaval Quadrivalent (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “I’ve had this brand of flu vaccine for 2 years and have never had a reaction or major side effect .Fluzone on the other hand caused me to have chest tightness panic attack like feeling for 1 min. I took this brand the year after that reaction with FluZone and no ill effects . Mind you that reaction to fluzone was after the 15 min post vaccine wait and self resolved after 1 min so unsure if that was a panic attack or vaccine reaction . The following year the nurses switched to this brand of vaccine and they didn’t think the reaction to Fluzone was a legit full blown systemic reaction so allowed me to have Flulaval with extra post vaccine monitoring and I never had shortness of breathe after this vaccine , go figure . I am from Canada and with this publicly funded flu vaccine unfortunately there isn’t much say as to which immunization places carry it and each place carries a different brand so I will just have to ask around .”

DX · Taken for less than 1 month October 20, 2020

Flucelvax (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “Received the egg-free shot on Friday 10.16.20 at 6pm. Due to the pandemic I have been quarantined & work from home so no chance of these symptoms being anything, but vaccine related. I haven’t had the flu since 6 y/o so this is the 1st time getting the shot. By 12am I had the sweats, by 3am in pain & nauseous, by 6am vomiting. Spent all day Saturday & Sunday in agony. My stomach is a mess with head & body pains. I was able to eat bread Sunday evening & Monday felt even worse with no appetite again. It’s now Tuesday at 3am & still no relief (currently sitting here in pain, nauseous, with chills & shaking). OTC meds don’t help. I’m generally a healthy 45 y/o, exercise & walk 3-5 miles a day.... I can barely walk to the bathroom. Pharmacist & MD are monitoring me. I will never get this vaccine again. I can’t believe this is vaccine is considered safe.”

Lindy October 18, 2020

Fluzone High-Dose (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “I started getting the high dose flu vaccine when I was 65. I am now 70 and this is the first year that they have the high dose with four different virus strains. I have not ever felt sick after a flu shot except for a sore arm. This year was very different I was dizzy had a hard time walking after I received the high dose flu shot.I also had double vision for a while and a very difficult time getting in and out of bed after 2 days I did feel better.”

Ap October 5, 2020

Fluzone High-Dose (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “Had the heigh dose of this Fluzone vaccine this morning since I am 77. Never had the injection before and never had the flu. Late after noon I now have a sore throat, a cough, a one degree elevated temperature , a headache and I don’t feel well! These are symptoms of COVID 19 also. I regret ever taking this vaccine !! I am in very good health usually!”

Susan September 30, 2020

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “The flu shot this year is something else. I have a fever, irritated throat, nose running, chills, nausea etc. I always get my flu shot every year but after getting this years flu shot... I’m not going to be getting them anymore.”

CAT September 27, 2020

Fluarix Quadrivalent (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “I got this shot and it may be that I am afraid of needles but my blood pressure dropped to 89 systolic and pulse down to 44/minute. I would probably make sure that I am sitting if I get it again. I hope that it's effective against the flu after all of that!”

Sam September 20, 2020

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “I usually get a flu shot every year. I'm 4 more years away from getting the high-dose, so received the standard IM flu vaccine 3 days ago. Usually I do get headaches from flu vaccines because of the thimerosol in it. Friday night after getting it my headache slammed in and this year the flu shot brought in heavy waves of nausea. Come Saturday my arm was throbbing with pain not so much on the outer area of my arm but deep into my muscle where the vaccine is. I never have this much pain. Quite honestly for some reason it hurts like I had a Tetanus injection instead of flu. It's Sunday and the pain increased again... Sunday brings movement of my arm or laying on it to quell the nausea very sharp pain the whole time of movement, lifting or sleeping on it (I'm a side sleeper). I can't imagine why this year's vaccine caused so much nausea and pain for a simple injection. It's seems to have flared my asthma a bit as well.”

Mak September 17, 2020

Fluvirin (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “No reactions or site pain of any kind”

Kat April 22, 2020

Fluzone (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “started to have shortness of breath and a pain from my arm straight over to my chest, that lasted 6 1/2 hours before it stopped. But what didn't stop was I had to go #1 every hour or more, never had this before then the next day started to feel like I was getting sick, So I just went to bed. Next morning had to go to store, got home and I got to the my bed my muscles felt like Jell-O and the pain in my bones hurt so bad I couldn't hold myself up. I laid down and couldn't get up for 10 to 12 hours later BUT I had to pee ever hour couldn't hardly hold it! Then the rash started lower stomach area 3 inch wide and from one hip I have all side effect on list for my doctor I let them know what had happened. I sure need some answers and I'm still having some of the side effect and I have had the flu 3 different times now in the last 6 mouths after this flu shot with the rash starting and needed to peeing more!! Please help, Kat”

Karma March 23, 2020

Flublok (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “I have had Flublok 3 times over the past several years. First time beginning in 2016. I swear by this vaccine. While I do get mild flu-like symptoms when I first get the vaccine, those symptoms go away in 12 hours (normally I go to bed and then I feel fine the next morning). I went to a lecture about this vaccine-- it teaches the body to 'look' for flu proteins which is why it has a higher prevention rate of the flu even when it is mismatched. I have not gotten the flu since I began getting flublok.”

minimiss · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 22, 2020

For Influenza Prophylaxis: “few days after having the flu vaccine I had night sweats, body aches, feeling very tired not well at all. Month later when I went to GP. they said I had Polymyalgia. I was healthy and very active prior to vaccine. This was six years ago of which I have been on prednisone of various dosage all these years and this causes problems health wise too.”

Nan January 19, 2020

Fluad (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “Received. Fluad at 2pm..Felt tired. Woke up a 3am and face swollen from below cheeks to above eyes. Eyes nearly swollen shut. Took 50mg Benadryl, had rescue inhaler and cool gel ice packs and kept up with Benadryl. Taken flu shots for 50 years, never had that happen!! Scary”

Gayle January 3, 2020

Flublok (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated) for Influenza Prophylaxis: “Since day 2 of vaccine severe back pain, very tired first couple days, muscle weakness, throat swelling. Still muscle weakness after day 84. Fevers since first week. I feel worse than actually having the flu. When will this ever end. Never again will get this vaccine.”