User Reviews for Influenza virus vaccine, inactivated to treat Influenza Prophylaxis (Page 2)

Also known as: Fluzone, Afluria, Flucelvax, Fluad, Flucelvax Quadrivalent, Fluarix, Fluzone Quadrivalent, Fluzone High-Dose, Flublok Quadrivalent, Fluad Quadrivalent, Fluarix Quadrivalent, Flublok, Afluria Quadrivalent, Fluvirin, FluLaval, Fluzone Intradermal, Fluzone High-Dose Quadrivalent, Fluzone Intradermal Quadrivalent, FluLaval Preservative-Free Quadrivalent, Fluvirin Preservative-Free, Fluzone Preservative-Free, Fluzone Preservative-Free Pediatric, Fluzone Preservative-Free Pediatric Quadrivalent, Fluzone Preservative-Free Quadrivalent, Afluria Preservative-Free Pediatric Quadrivalent, Afluria Preservative-Free Quadrivalent, Fluad Preservative-Free, Fluad Preservative-Free Quadrivalent, Fluarix Preservative-Free Quadrivalent, Flucelvax Preservative-Free Quadrivalent, Fluzone Preservative-Free High-Dose Quadrivalent, FluLaval Quadrivalent …show all brand names

Influenza virus vaccine, inactivated has an average rating of 3.5 out of 10 from a total of 38 ratings for the treatment of Influenza Prophylaxis. 24% of those users who reviewed Influenza virus vaccine, inactivated reported a positive effect, while 66% reported a negative effect.

Influenza virus vaccine, inactivated Rating Summary

3.5/10 average rating

Compare all 35 medications used in the treatment of Influenza Prophylaxis.

Reviews for Influenza virus vaccine, inactivated

Gale · Taken for less than 1 month November 21, 2020

“WOW, I received the quadrivalent flu vaccine in the US as a health care provider. I have now been out of work for a week, being paid "covid pay" even though my covid result was negative. I literally couldn't even drive my car yesterday, so dizzy, difficulty waking, muscle weakness, and pin/needles in my legs and feet (toes very cold), felt like my blood vessels were under attack. At one point my temperature dropped very low and I thought it was the end of me. Documented everything and getting a letter for the rest of my life from my doctors, no flu shots. Unacceptable. The Occupational RN at my hospital thought it maybe Covid since it's going around and I guess there is Covid pay available even for people who test negative. We live in a very strange world, but I have lost confidence in the vaccine industry and our government.”

minimiss · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 22, 2020

“few days after having the flu vaccine I had night sweats, body aches, feeling very tired not well at all. Month later when I went to GP. they said I had Polymyalgia. I was healthy and very active prior to vaccine. This was six years ago of which I have been on prednisone of various dosage all these years and this causes problems health wise too.”

Nan January 19, 2020

Fluad (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): “Received. Fluad at 2pm..Felt tired. Woke up a 3am and face swollen from below cheeks to above eyes. Eyes nearly swollen shut. Took 50mg Benadryl, had rescue inhaler and cool gel ice packs and kept up with Benadryl. Taken flu shots for 50 years, never had that happen!! Scary”

CAT September 27, 2020

Fluarix Quadrivalent (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): “I got this shot and it may be that I am afraid of needles but my blood pressure dropped to 89 systolic and pulse down to 44/minute. I would probably make sure that I am sitting if I get it again. I hope that it's effective against the flu after all of that!”

mider November 12, 2019

“I had the influenza injection Thursday at 7:45pm. On Friday the shot-spot was hard and muscles were sore. Saturday I checked my temperature and had fever of 101.2 . Sunday, called the on-call nurse for the Doctors office. Sunday night, my back and neck had odd swelling but the nurse had said that reaction are usually only 2 days. Hive spots were all over my back and up my neck, into my scalp. There was also a sore lump kind-of in my arm. Called the doc."It's probably not a reaction to the flu shot, stop by at 12". The doc reviewed-flu shot-Thursday evening-yep. Noticed fever- Friday. "coincidence." I was put on Prednisone and Bactrin (generics). 3 special mentions: 1/ my temp, bp, weight, etc were taken before I got the injection and I wasn't told that I was running 99.6. Should that have been a stop for the shot? 2/ Symptoms exactly the same as the possible side effects list. Yet, he still said it's probably not related. 3/ The prednisone and bactrin are working and my fever is gone but, when will this end...ten days?”

moe · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 9, 2019

Flublok Quadrivalent (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): “This is the best flu vaccine out there. Since having it the past 4 years I have not gotten the flu or actually only had one cold during cold and flu season since 2016. All my friends and relatives ask for this vaccine as it is so very effective. It is especially effective in the elderly. However, I noticed on your website it mentions that you can not have it if you are allergic to eggs. Flublok is NOT made from eggs so in fact IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO EGGS THIS IS THE FLU VACCINE YOU CAN HAVE AS IT IS CELL BASED NOT EGG BASED!!..”

ms. evie October 2, 2016

Fluvirin (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): “While I did feel sick after the nasal flu vaccine one year, the flu shot itself NEVER made me sick until this year. I STILL don't understand it. I usually feel a little dizzy the day of and a little run down for a couple days or so but this time I felt pretty sick. The day of I had moderate dizziness which I attributed to lack of sleep and not eating when I had gone for a doctor's appointment where I opted to get the shot when they offered it. I kept explaining it away until the next day when I started having mild flu symptoms. I had the flu before so I know what that's like. These symptoms were VERY MINOR compared to having the flu. I felt feverish, chilled, sore throat, body aches, no appetite, nausea. Still advocate flu shot though.”

Black labs Rock October 21, 2020

FluLaval Quadrivalent (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): “I’ve had this brand of flu vaccine for 2 years and have never had a reaction or major side effect .Fluzone on the other hand caused me to have chest tightness panic attack like feeling for 1 min. I took this brand the year after that reaction with FluZone and no ill effects . Mind you that reaction to fluzone was after the 15 min post vaccine wait and self resolved after 1 min so unsure if that was a panic attack or vaccine reaction . The following year the nurses switched to this brand of vaccine and they didn’t think the reaction to Fluzone was a legit full blown systemic reaction so allowed me to have Flulaval with extra post vaccine monitoring and I never had shortness of breathe after this vaccine , go figure . I am from Canada and with this publicly funded flu vaccine unfortunately there isn’t much say as to which immunization places carry it and each place carries a different brand so I will just have to ask around .”

Mo W. October 18, 2017

FluLaval Quadrivalent (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): “When I received the flulaval vaccine on 09/28/17 I had a allergic reaction, my left eye was itching and watering I woke up with swelling in my throat and beneath my tongue was rushed to the E.R. where I was given prednisone, pepcip, and Benedryl through I.V. and was monitored over night until the reaction was reversed. I will never get a Flulaval vaccination ever again!! I'm definitely allergic”

laciealexis · Taken for less than 1 month October 31, 2013

Fluzone Intradermal (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): “Received this last week and felt a slight pinch. I never received the flu vaccine in the past so I have nothing to compare it to. Not sure what side effects to expect, was very tired later that evening. Did experience some slight cold symptoms which I'm guessing is a side effect. There was no pain at all at the injection site, but a few days later it was a little red and itchy”

DJB December 29, 2020

Fluzone Quadrivalent (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): “Long time-20 year physician assistant I am studying influenza for my PhD which is almost complete. Also have an MPH. Got the flu injection last Monday, and my normal pattern is 5 days in I get that invisible sickness we tell everyone they "can't get" and it's all in their heads. But this time - I have n well enough to go GET a covid test (it was believed I had it in April, I got very ill, lost taste and smell very dramatically (before we knew it was a symptom) but the older test came back negative and they quarantined me for 12 days. This flu shot at 5 days - I am now at 7 days post injection. I cannot sleep, my legs ached beyond anything I have ever felt, and the last 2 days my head is feels like it is popping off - but I know headaches and this one is VERY flu-like. I am miserable and have to report to NYC health, Manhattan for a paid gig helping in the Covid surge this week in the ER and ICU as I have been out of work since laid off due to the damn virus. So I have to will myself better”

CC October 20, 2019

Fluad (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): “Never felt bad after a flu vaccine until I received Fluad. Chills, malaise, headache, no energy, dull abdominal cramps and no appetite. I will definitely not get this particular vaccine next year.”

Martel December 16, 2020

Fluzone High-Dose (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): “First time ever. Never again!”

Mak September 17, 2020

Fluvirin (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): “No reactions or site pain of any kind”

aalien November 13, 2019

“I had my flu shot Oct 1 and 2 days later my ears got infected I never do flu shot again,”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 19, 2012

Fluzone Intradermal (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): “The $5 extra for this shot was well spent. The injection was virtually painless and my arm was not as sore as it usually is after a flu shot. I will definitely get this again next year!”

Ouch!! October 31, 2012

Fluzone Intradermal (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): “The shot was much more painful than the regular intramuscular flu shot, it felt like a bee sting! However I did experience less soreness after. ”

Anonymous December 10, 2012

Fluzone Intradermal (influenza virus vaccine, inactivated): “Barely felt the pinch. Just a little redness, bump around the injection and itchiness for a few days. Not sore at all compared to regular shots”

Iver · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2021

“Never got flu like symptoms. But will like to share that I take vitamin D3 daily and try to eat healthy, no sweets per say.”

Learn more about Influenza Prophylaxis