User Reviews for Gentian violet

Oral Thrush

1 review 32 medications

Reviews for Gentian violet

For Oral Thrush: "Medication will stain your teeth (for a month), your tongue (for a week after you finish). I recommend putting down a piece of cardboard over your sink. Gentian violet will permanently stain tiles. Apply vasoline around mouth and on lips otherwise you will appear to be wearing blue lipstick. Wear gloves and apply in and around the areas with thrush 3 times a day for 7 days. I only recommend this medication if you have already tried Nystatin 100,000 units prescription as directed by a MD, PA, CRNP, DO. If you are medically able to take fluconazole or another "azole" mediaction; your medical professional most likely will have you do so. This medication is for us people who are not able to use "azoles" due to allergy or med interaction."

Allergictoazoles August 8, 2017

For Not Listed / Other: "I have a chronic problem with yeast, [ Candida ] It was causing skin irritation on the back upper part of my leg, which turned into sores from sitting [ wheelchair ], so I was stuck in bed a lot. While I admit that it was 98% healed when I heard about GV, but for the short time I used it it did help. WARNING wear a rubber glove when applying, it ''will' stain your skin, clothes, etc. The friend that told me about GV used it on her grandsons ''thrush/mouth'' n it cleared it in 30 min. Be sure n do your research, n read directions/recommendations b4 using any new medications."

R. R. Ray July 10, 2016