User Reviews for Gemzar

Gemzar has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings on Drugs.com. 40% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 0% reported a negative experience.

Pancreatic Cancer
Breast Cancer, Metastatic
Summary of Gemzar reviews 7.8 5 reviews

NYwhipple · Taken for 1 to 2 years · August 9, 2012

For Pancreatic Cancer "While my oncologist could not conclude that GEMZAR was effective in my case, I have survived late-stage metastatic pancreatic cancer for more than 6 years since beginning my first (of 2) treatment regimen. Absent any other explanation, I must consider the possibility that GEMZAR was instrumental in my survival. I've been told I have exceptional tolerance for GEMZAR, and I ultimately had 54 infusions over 2-and-a-half years, with a one-year gap. The side effects were minimal in my case (most frequent: flu-like symptoms, mild infections), and I was able to conduct relatively normal work & life routines, although I frequently had to battle a high level of fatigue."

Pharmacina · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 20, 2016

For Pancreatic Cancer "There are few side effects no loss of hair just fatigue and low white and red cell count. Been on it for three months and have three months more to go. Take good 3 wkd off one week. So far good compared to vomiting, extreme fatigue and hair loss from the Cisplatin that I was taking last year. Thank u Jesus."

Mark G. · Taken for 2 to 5 years · March 11, 2018

For Pancreatic Cancer "On Gemzar for three years following diagnosis on late stage pariampullary cancer that had spread to my liver (had already had the Whipple).Combined initially with Abraxane. Tumors cleared up, CAT-19-9 went back to normal. I realize I'm not a typical case. Few side effects, mostly fatigue, no nausea. Had to suspend at one point due to anemia. However, seems to be losing effectiveness lately as CA-19-9 slowly elevating."

Echuck · August 6, 2014

For Breast Cancer, Metastatic "I get constipation every time I start a new cycle. I am nauseous when I take the medicine. I take ginger pills twice a day and drink ginger ale. This helps with nausea. My dosage has dropped 1500 units to 1000 units after 6 treatments."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 1, 2012

For Pancreatic Cancer "Even though I was told this was well tolerated, I was miserable with nausea and vomiting."