User Reviews for Odefsey to treat HIV Infection

Odefsey has an average rating of 8.1 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of HIV Infection. 86% of those users who reviewed Odefsey reported a positive effect, while 14% reported a negative effect.

Odefsey Rating Summary

8.1/10 average rating

Compare all 121 medications used in the treatment of HIV Infection.

JZ · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 8, 2021

“I've been taking Odefsey for a little over a year and have minimal side effects so far. I started gaining weight right away, I developed stomach acid but I can't take anything for it with Odefsey, and my hair is thinning and breaking now. I switched from Triumeq and Biktarvy because of worse side effects with those. I feel a little tired and sometimes have trouble concentrating, but Odefsey seems to work the best for me at this point.”

Congy · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 28, 2020

“diagnosed as HIV 2013 summer. Started with Trimeq 2015, night sweats, tired and other issues, switched to Gevoya briefly in 2016 for 1 month, was a disaster, had to sleep the whole day and super worn out. Stop med for few weeks, back on trimeq still effortless, tired and sometimes night sweets; 2018 started with Odefsey, have to admit it is the best so far, feels "light", only sometimes I feel I need to sleep a lot and bit tired, apart from that it's amazing.”

Takeyourpill · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2018

“I did 6 years of Atripla, 2 years of Complera and now I switched to Odefsey 1 month ago. Complera was already great with me, just one side effect the gas. Every time I took it after 2h I would start to feel bloated. I was hoping that this effect will change with Odefsey but it stayed (I maybe need to wait more). Anyway if you also have gas problem, try to really not eat POTATOES anymore. You will still have gas but at least they don't stink :) (if someone has an other tips please share it)”

shaun1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 18, 2016

“I started Complera and Tivicay in July 2015 after 10 years without meds (VL 8,000 & CD4 450 when I started), and switched to Odefsey and Tivicay in May 2016. I didn't realize how much I'd appreciate taking the smaller Odefsey pill every day. The first few months on Complera, I often felt cloudy and got tired easily. I suspect that was a side effect. I don't really have that issue now. I was reluctant starting meds due to possible side effects, but actually my quality of life improved. Without meds I had daily upset stomach issues, but those disappeared immediately after I started. If you're on insurance, be sure to get the Gilead co-pay card. It'll cover your deductibles and co-pays.”

Joe421 April 11, 2017

“Five years on Atripla. Though was very beneficial to my health, the side effects were a serious problem. They say "your body will get used to it and eventually the side effects will go away." But for me, side effects never subsided. Been on Odefsey now for 1 year. Best medicine for me. Zero side effects, and I mean NONE. My numbers have been perfect throughout the Atripla experience and continue to be maintained with Odefsey.”

JasonCA · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 10, 2018

“I started Complera in 2007 with VL of 3000 & cd4 of 520 I had no side effects at all. I was advised to switch to Odefsey because the TAF was better for the liver. In the last year I’ve had every side effects you can think of from dizziness, to headaches, to chest pain and crescendoing with astronomical cholesterol levels Total cholesterol +92 points, HDL -10, +120 triglycerides +65 LDL, non-HD +92. I have no family history with cholesterol, I’m active and eat healthy. I would recommend to anyone that they Don’t take Odefsey.”

troyster February 22, 2018

“I was diagnosed in July of 2017, and immediately started on ODEFSY the following month. After 3 month I was undetectable. Very little side effects, I had headaches for a few weeks. However I took aleve to get rid of it. I feel really good now 6 months later”

More about Odefsey (emtricitabine / rilpivirine / tenofovir alafenamide)

Professional resources