User Reviews for Dermasil Lotion

Dermasil Lotion has an average rating of 4.4 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings on Drugs.com. 36% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 64% reported a negative experience.

Dry Skin
4.4

Reviews for Dermasil Lotion

C · Taken for 5 to 10 years · December 21, 2020

For Dry Skin "I have used Dermasil lotion, from the Dollar Tree, day and night versions, for years, using most days. Since 2006 have been having VERY bad allergic reactions (very swollen, red, itchy, scaly, peeling DRY, tight skin on my upper eyelids and below! then determined I was allergic to shellac, an ingredient in mascara. But the issue keeps coming back even though I haven't worn mascara in over 5 years! In early December 2020, I FiNALLY stopped using Dermasil, to see what would happen, after a very bad 4 week bout, and magically, in one day of no use, my facial/eye area was almost back to being ME! Will never be using this product again."

Sunnygirl · Taken for less than 1 month · January 10, 2020

For Dry Skin "This lotion says it is Hypo-Allergenic yet one of the ingredients is methyllisothiazolinone, which was voted by the dermalogical society as the number one Allergen of 2013. It is usually used in shampoos and liquid soap but to have it in a lotion in terrible. If you aren't allergic, you may become allergic with continued usage. Beware. This lotion has too much water in it for very dry skin. Go with a cream. The package says to recycle but isn't marked for USA recycling."

tallgirl · Taken for less than 1 month · April 19, 2019

For Dry Skin "Applied this product one time and went into anaphylactic shock three hours later after it absorbed into my skin. The product not only gave me severe hives and difficulty breathing, but also gave me chemical burns and blisters that may leave permanent scarring. My doctors said this product could have killed me the reaction was so severe. I contacted Dermasil after seeing 6 doctors and still receiving medical treatment 20 days later, and they could not have cared less."

hjr · Taken for 2 to 5 years · September 13, 2019

For Dry Skin "I love this cream! I have extreme dry skin on my body. It itches--terrible. This is the only cream that gives me relief. I apply it daily all over and problem solved!! It's affordable. I get it at the Dollar Store. I wish it smelled a bit better, but I can live with it because it works so well."

Tr630 · Taken for less than 1 month · March 12, 2022

For Dry Skin "I used this lotion on my hands and elbows for dry skin. Within minutes I broke out in hives all over my body. It was itching uncontrollably and my face, eyes, lips, and hands swell up like a balloon. I ended up in ER with an epinephrine shot. This product needs taken off selves. Hypoallergenic???? False advertising. Want to rate 0/10."

ParrotHead · November 23, 2020

"Sunnygirl's review on here just changed my life!!!!! This lotion gave me the reaction, and looking back so did sunless tanner, hair dye and sunscreen containing MI. We took my son to several specialists for his "itchies" which turns out to be MI reaction. Thank you sunny girl! I will be checking all products for MI."

K8 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 10, 2018

For Dry Skin "I love this lotion. My skin was dry on my legs and arms and now after using Dermasil I have softer and smoother skin in those areas. I am really satisfied. It also absorbs easily and leaves no greasy feel."

hjr · Taken for 1 to 2 years · August 13, 2019

For Dry Skin "I give this product a nine--at least. I have excess dry skin on my legs and arms. Sometimes it's so dry that I itch. This lotion is the only thing I have found that actually works and keeps working throughout the day. I apply a nice coat over my legs and arms daily. No more dry skin or itchiness. It's easy to find and affordable. I've even found it in the Dollar Store. I recommend trying it as a body lotion...it really works!!!"

Cherish267 · Taken for less than 1 month · June 9, 2021

For Dry Skin "I tried this on my legs tonight for the first time and they are on fire!!!! No recent shave or anything else that would bring such a reaction on. Definitely going in the trash!! I’ve used on my hands before but didn’t notice any improvement in dryness."

HicSvntDracones · Taken for less than 1 month · December 11, 2022

For Dry Skin "I had some really dry skin, and the only lotion I found in my apartment was a new bottle of Dermasil, no idea where it came from, maybe I grabbed it on sale, or a friend might have gotten it for me a while ago, and I never used it. So. I used it, and it made my skin burn, but also, after it dried, all the lotion just like came off my face in little balls, it just dried on my skin, it didn't actually absorb into my skin. I noticed it does this also if I rub it in for too long, which really isn't long enough, it acts more like that white Elmer glue, and gets sticky then turns into boogers, rather than absorbing into my skin. So, I thought I would look it up to see how bad it is, but a lot of places give it a so-so review, so I don't know, this stuff is pretty bad."

Glynise Reed · Taken for 1 to 6 months · June 13, 2022

For Dry Skin "I first started using the oatmeal with chamomile one and It worked for my skin cures my itchy and dry skin. Then omg I found the dermasil aloe fresh love it all the brand names I tried failed me but I sticking to this one. I stocked up on it at my local dollar tree"

Die Hard · February 25, 2020

For Dry Skin "Cause my skin to itch, red spots on hands and between fingers, throwing away two full tubes, don't buy"

Nunya · Taken for less than 1 month · March 21, 2020

For Dry Skin "I am extremely picky about stuff I put on my hands. I found this Dermasil lotion at Dollar Tree and absolutely LOVE IT!! It's my new favorite lotion!!"

Jogirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 22, 2021

For Dry Skin "Inexpensive and worked great until I got contact dermatitis. Sudden red rashes with tiny oozing bumps. Discontinued use and treated and it has never come back."

Danny · Taken for less than 1 month · January 28, 2019

For Dry Skin "Dermasil caused my face to break out in hives. I would never use this cheap product again."

Dermasil Aloe F · Taken for 2 to 5 years · June 11, 2022

For Dry Skin "Love this lotion, it keeps my skin looking good all day long, not greasy. I highly recommend this product. I have been using it for 3 years, and have had no problems with it."

Se7en · Taken for less than 1 month · May 21, 2022

For Dry Skin "From the second you rub it is ~ your hands feel like you just used soap or shampoo as a lotion. I don’t know how else to explain it … and absolute awful sticky feeling. Waste."

More about Dermasil Lotion (emollients topical)

Patient resources