User Reviews for Dermasil Lotion to treat Dry Skin

Dermasil Lotion has an average rating of 3.9 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Dry Skin. 33% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 67% reported a negative effect.

Dermasil Lotion Rating Summary

3.9/10 average rating

Compare all 101 medications used in the treatment of Dry Skin.

Reviews for Dermasil Lotion

C · Taken for 5 to 10 years December 21, 2020

“I have used Dermasil lotion, from the Dollar Tree, day and night versions, for years, using most days. Since 2006 have been having VERY bad allergic reactions (very swollen, red, itchy, scaly, peeling DRY, tight skin on my upper eyelids and below! then determined I was allergic to shellac, an ingredient in mascara. But the issue keeps coming back even though I haven't worn mascara in over 5 years! In early December 2020, I FiNALLY stopped using Dermasil, to see what would happen, after a very bad 4 week bout, and magically, in one day of no use, my facial/eye area was almost back to being ME! Will never be using this product again.”

Sunnygirl · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2020

“This lotion says it is Hypo-Allergenic yet one of the ingredients is methyllisothiazolinone, which was voted by the dermalogical society as the number one Allergen of 2013. It is usually used in shampoos and liquid soap but to have it in a lotion in terrible. If you aren't allergic, you may become allergic with continued usage. Beware. This lotion has too much water in it for very dry skin. Go with a cream. The package says to recycle but isn't marked for USA recycling.”

tallgirl · Taken for less than 1 month April 19, 2019

“Applied this product one time and went into anaphylactic shock three hours later after it absorbed into my skin. The product not only gave me severe hives and difficulty breathing, but also gave me chemical burns and blisters that may leave permanent scarring. My doctors said this product could have killed me the reaction was so severe. I contacted Dermasil after seeing 6 doctors and still receiving medical treatment 20 days later, and they could not have cared less.”

hjr · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 13, 2019

“I love this cream! I have extreme dry skin on my body. It itches--terrible. This is the only cream that gives me relief. I apply it daily all over and problem solved!! It's affordable. I get it at the Dollar Store. I wish it smelled a bit better, but I can live with it because it works so well.”

hjr · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 13, 2019

“I give this product a nine--at least. I have excess dry skin on my legs and arms. Sometimes it's so dry that I itch. This lotion is the only thing I have found that actually works and keeps working throughout the day. I apply a nice coat over my legs and arms daily. No more dry skin or itchiness. It's easy to find and affordable. I've even found it in the Dollar Store. I recommend trying it as a body lotion...it really works!!!”

K8 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2018

“I love this lotion. My skin was dry on my legs and arms and now after using Dermasil I have softer and smoother skin in those areas. I am really satisfied. It also absorbs easily and leaves no greasy feel.”

Cherish267 · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2021

“I tried this on my legs tonight for the first time and they are on fire!!!! No recent shave or anything else that would bring such a reaction on. Definitely going in the trash!! I’ve used on my hands before but didn’t notice any improvement in dryness.”

Nunya · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2020

“I am extremely picky about stuff I put on my hands. I found this Dermasil lotion at Dollar Tree and absolutely LOVE IT!! It's my new favorite lotion!!”

Jogirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 22, 2021

“Inexpensive and worked great until I got contact dermatitis. Sudden red rashes with tiny oozing bumps. Discontinued use and treated and it has never come back.”

Die Hard February 25, 2020

“Cause my skin to itch, red spots on hands and between fingers, throwing away two full tubes, don't buy”

Danny · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2019

“Dermasil caused my face to break out in hives. I would never use this cheap product again.”

Learn more about Dry Skin

More about Dermasil Lotion (emollients topical)

Other brands