User Reviews for Sustiva

HIV Infection 5.0
Summary of Sustiva reviews 5.8 5 reviews

Reviews for Sustiva

njrichie · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 26, 2016

For HIV Infection: “Started on Atripla but after 3 months the dizziness and nausea was too much to bear. Changed to trivada and reduced to 400 mg sustiva and the side effects disappeared. Only slight lightheaded which resolved during the day. Sustiva works but 600 mg is too much. 400 mg was found to work just as well and with less side effects. The only problem is having to take three pills at once as sustiva only comes in 200 mg tabs. Encore study shows reduced dosage works just as well.”

GreyVS · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 23, 2016

For HIV Infection: “The binder change several years ago caused internal bleeding, severe bloating, complete loss of appetite as well as liver, kidney & pancreas issues. It was so bad I was in bed 24/7 for several years. I had to change doctors to change the medication and everything improved immensely. The Mayo Clinic wrote about this reaction.”

Bayne · Taken for 10 years or more February 2, 2015

For HIV Infection: “Was on it for years before I developed resistance to it. MUST be taken at night to minimize side effects. Bad depression, confusion, random crying spells, feeling helpless, suicidal thoughts (& no I've never had it prior or after I stopped this medication). It does get better as the med levels out but the first couple weeks are torture! In a grocery store I sat on the floor crying because 3 things on my list were on the same isle. I've never experienced anything like that in my life!”

The other just me January 8, 2012

For HIV Infection: “This is my 4th day on Sustiva. I've experienced drowsiness, mental confusion, anxiety and sleeplessness. I have to get used to not eating before taking as eating prior to, only makes those symptoms worse. I've developed a habit of bumping into things and when I drive, I'm not driving as I usually do, it's a little bit over the road, so be cautious with heavy machinery. The symptoms usually die down within 2 hours of my awakening and I feel somewhat like my old self. Like I said, it's only been 4 days, so hopefully, these symptoms will subside as I continue to partake. I definitely do not recommend drinking anything other than water with this medicine. The effects are way too powerful. One last thing, be careful with your steps, I fell at work.”

Anonymous May 21, 2009

For Nonoccupational Exposure: “Upon starting Sustiva, I noticed that I felt very dizzy and somewhat drowsy, as if I had just drank 2 or 3 glasses of wine within about 30 minutess of taking the medication. Also, it gave a similar confusion feeling. After going to sleep - it is recommended that you take the medication on an empty stomach and just before going to bed, I woke up without any hangover, drowsiness, or dizziness the next morning about hours later. I did have a little bit of nausea, but nothing that eating didn't resolve.”