User Reviews for Dronedarone systemic

6.5

Atrial Flutter

Summary of Dronedarone reviews 6.2 35 reviews

Reviews for Dronedarone

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I was getting 3 afib episodes a day sometimes and dr. put me on Multaq. Been taking it for almost 3 years and now only get about 2 episodes a year. Insurance and coupon card have now made it a 0 copay a month. This drug really works for me."

Cub Fan (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 16, 2018

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "Multaq caused purple spots or large blotches on the inside of my lips."

HH (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 29, 2018

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "Multaq was effective at keeping my heart in rhythm but I immediately began to have terrible muscle spasms in my thighs, back, stomach, calves and feet. It was terrible and kept me from sleeping. I was also taking Coumadin and Synthroid."

Lit Lady August 21, 2018

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "Been on since Wednesday, today is Sunday. I take twice a day, I am on a heart monitor, since taking med, heart is beating rapidly. Ended up Friday nite in ER, with my potissum, calcium, magnesium levels low. ER physician put me on Tums and potassium, told me to see my cardiologist on Monday for blood work. I feel terrible."

Joanne May 14, 2018

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "Taking Multaq since April 6th. Side effects are horrendous. Have been in bad pain ( stomach ) since 11 am. Have tried Gaviscon, nothing works, am also shivery and cold. Not taking the evening one as in too much pain. Couldn't spend another day in pain like this."

Shifenated 14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2018

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I've been shocked back into rhythm about four times. My afib would just make me feel like I had the flu, I had no energy. When I would have an episode I had to go to the ER. I've had ablation once and did fine for eight months and then back into afib. Last time the doctor put me on Multag, it's been four months now with no afib."

Jack (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2018

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I was going to the emergency room about every other month for a six hour stay each time in A-Fib for about five years. My cardiologist went on vacation and so I saw another in the same practice. He wondered why I hadn't been put on Multaq and started me on it. Haven't been to the emergency room since!"

Shirley (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 11, 2018

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I had a ablation after 3 months my electrophysiologist took me off of Multaq. After 10 days started having constant palpitations. Got back on multaq. I guess I needed a ablation and multaq to stay in normal sinus rhythm."

Joseph February 23, 2018

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Have been taking dronedarone for 7 years. No problems of any kind and my AF was initially reduced to two episodes of several hours in the each first few years and now have not had any AF for 3 years. No discernible side effects whatsoever. Literally a life saver."

davidstansfield (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 18, 2017

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I have had afib since I was 9, it lasted until I was 27, then it just went away for 29 years, a year ago it returned, episodes last 6-12 hour episodes, 2-3 monthly, I was on Multaq 500 mg 2 times a day for 6 months, with no change at all, and at the price of $600 a month I finally asked my cardiologist if we could stop it, He agreed, been 6 months without, still get the afib 2-3 times a month."

Morgsmom November 10, 2017

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Prescribed Multaq for a fib---gained ten pounds in six days, became breathless and totally fatigued. Discontinued Multaq after six days and lost six pounds in twelve hours, regained breath and no longer fatigued. Multaq resulted in CHF!!! The cure was worse than the disease."

Sicilian Nonno (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Have had paroxysmal Afib since 1978. Digoxin controlled my Afib reasonable successfully until summer of 2012 when the frequency and duration of my Afib occurrences increased to an event every two or three months. Then in May 2013, I almost passed out during an Afib episode. Switched to MULTAQ 400mg twice daily after being admitted to the hospital and my Afib has been under control ever since. I notice some missed beats occasionally, but nothing like the random palpitations I had during Afib. MULTAQ is working for me."

graywh00 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 14, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I was given this drug in 2009 in a effort to control AFib. I was on it one month and it did nothing to help the AFib. Following a cardiac ablation in 2015, I developed random, but frequent PAC (premature atrial contraction)/PVC (Premature ventricular complex) activity. My EP suggested the use of this drug to eliminate these events. I have been on the drug for approximately 3 weeks, initially on 200MG 2 times per day. Following about 10 days, and no improvement the dosage was increased to 400MG 2 times per day. The events continue at about the same frequency and still random, however the intensity of the events seems to be lessened."

Wvcatxcaazwa June 28, 2016

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I have intermittent AF and have been using this drug for about 5 years and have done very well on it. Some breakthroughs and I use Metropol to calm things done when necessary. I do not have heart disease as such, just an electrical problem. Recently, last couple of weeks,have noticed more frequent break throughs and it is taking a lot longer for the heart to settle down. I have done so well on Multag and hope I can work out the issues whatever they are. I am also on warfarin and home test which has been a godsend. AFib on line patient groups have been very helpful!"

Yippy skippy June 13, 2016

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I was put on Multaq after 1 episode of afib. Since then I have experienced nausea every night, loose stools several times a day and headache. My out of pocket from insurance last year was $20 for 3 months from express scripts. This month for a three month supply was $647."

Number1nana50 February 10, 2016

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I've been doing pretty good on Multaq. Started using it in 2013, copay was $50, 2014 copay was $70. 2015 copay was $80. Now I received letter from Express Script telling me I will have to pay $200 in 2016. All prices are for 90 day supply. I can't afford to pay that amount. Is there anything less costly I could take instead of Multaq?"

Connie Selvera (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 24, 2015

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I have been taking multaq since 2009, I can no longer afford it. I am also a diabetic so I take insulin my prescriptions are quite expensive. I will take it until I run out then I will hope for the best. I can't pay my living expenses and afford insurance copays and meds. So I will take care of my normal living expenses."

kjmason (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 7, 2015

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "This medication worked for about a month and then I started have more episodes of Atrial Fibrillation in between doses. It made me sick to my stomach, nauseous, and with bad stomach ache."

Christianmama (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2014

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "Have taken Multaq 10 months. Still have about 14 missed beats a minute. Some weakness."

Snookie Snookie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 24, 2013

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I have been on Multaq for 4 years with no apparent side effects. I have been free of atrial fibrillation since. Now my new insurance has denied me use of the medicine."

Dellyoh April 10, 2013

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I have hot flashes, stomach issues, pressure in my head/ears when standing, and falling asleep much too easily. "

cat1957 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2012

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "Have been on Multaq since Sept. 2009 and it has worked very well. Had one brief ER visit after forgetting to take a dose on time, and one brief episode of tachycardia after drinking too much Espresso. My pulse is slow and steady, blood pressure is low and I have no noticeable adverse effects as long as I take it with food to avoid intestinal discomfort. It's important to know that Multaq works very well for some people and not at all for others (typical with anti-arrhythmic medicines) and that it is not safe for patients with heart failure or permanent atrial fibrillation."

billsett January 29, 2012

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I have been taking Multaq since July, 2010 and found that my heartbeat has never been so regular. I had A-Fibrillation and was cardioverted once and since then I have been very normal thanks to Multaq. The only side effect I have noticed is occasional light-colored, soft stools. "

Miss G. November 16, 2011

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I have been taking Multag along with Diltiazem for a year. I have been able to maintain a normal heart rate. There have been no side effects. The only drawback seems to be the cost. This is not on most insurance companies formulary list. Your doctor must put through a special authorization request. The cost is high. Without insurance it's about $300 for a month's supply. Because my doctor's authorization was honored, I pay $123 a month. I put through a request to Sanofi-Aventi citing personal hardship and asking for a reduction in price from them. So far, I have heard nothing from them. Although it's a hardship for me, I pay the price for one simple reason -- it works."

Elizabeth V. October 10, 2011

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "Have used Multaq for almost 2 years. No side effects. I have noticed life is good (normal. Thank you Multaq."

Anonymous July 22, 2011