User Reviews for Dronedarone

Also known as: Multaq

Learn more about Dronedarone.

Atrial Fibrillation 22 reviews 40 medications

6.5
Atrial Flutter 2 reviews 25 medications

Summary of Dronedarone reviews 24 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Dronedarone

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Have had paroxysmal Afib since 1978. Digoxin controlled my Afib reasonable successfully until summer of 2012 when the frequency and duration of my Afib occurrences increased to an event every two or three months. Then in May 2013, I almost passed out during an Afib episode. Switched to MULTAQ 400mg twice daily after being admitted to the hospital and my Afib has been under control ever since. I notice some missed beats occasionally, but nothing like the random palpitations I had during Afib. MULTAQ is working for me."

graywh00 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 14, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I was given this drug in 2009 in a effort to control AFib. I was on it one month and it did nothing to help the AFib. Following a cardiac ablation in 2015, I developed random, but frequent PAC (premature atrial contraction)/PVC (Premature ventricular complex) activity. My EP suggested the use of this drug to eliminate these events. I have been on the drug for approximately 3 weeks, initially on 200MG 2 times per day. Following about 10 days, and no improvement the dosage was increased to 400MG 2 times per day. The events continue at about the same frequency and still random, however the intensity of the events seems to be lessened."

Wvcatxcaazwa June 28, 2016

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I have intermittent AF and have been using this drug for about 5 years and have done very well on it. Some breakthroughs and I use Metropol to calm things done when necessary. I do not have heart disease as such, just an electrical problem. Recently, last couple of weeks,have noticed more frequent break throughs and it is taking a lot longer for the heart to settle down. I have done so well on Multag and hope I can work out the issues whatever they are. I am also on warfarin and home test which has been a godsend. AFib on line patient groups have been very helpful!"

Yippy skippy June 13, 2016

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I was put on Multaq after 1 episode of afib. Since then I have experienced nausea every night, loose stools several times a day and headache. My out of pocket from insurance last year was $20 for 3 months from express scripts. This month for a three month supply was $647."

Number1nana50 February 10, 2016

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I've been doing pretty good on Multaq. Started using it in 2013, copay was $50, 2014 copay was $70. 2015 copay was $80. Now I received letter from Express Script telling me I will have to pay $200 in 2016. All prices are for 90 day supply. I can't afford to pay that amount. Is there anything less costly I could take instead of Multaq?"

Connie Selvera (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 24, 2015

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I have been taking multaq since 2009, I can no longer afford it. I am also a diabetic so I take insulin my prescriptions are quite expensive. I will take it until I run out then I will hope for the best. I can't pay my living expenses and afford insurance copays and meds. So I will take care of my normal living expenses."

kjmason (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 7, 2015

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "This medication worked for about a month and then I started have more episodes of Atrial Fibrillation in between doses. It made me sick to my stomach, nauseous, and with bad stomach ache."

Christianmama (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2014

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "Have taken Multaq 10 months. Still have about 14 missed beats a minute. Some weakness."

Snookie Snookie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 24, 2013

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I have been on Multaq for 4 years with no apparent side effects. I have been free of atrial fibrillation since. Now my new insurance has denied me use of the medicine."

Dellyoh April 10, 2013

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I have hot flashes, stomach issues, pressure in my head/ears when standing, and falling asleep much too easily. "

cat1957 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2012

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "Have been on Multaq since Sept. 2009 and it has worked very well. Had one brief ER visit after forgetting to take a dose on time, and one brief episode of tachycardia after drinking too much Espresso. My pulse is slow and steady, blood pressure is low and I have no noticeable adverse effects as long as I take it with food to avoid intestinal discomfort. It's important to know that Multaq works very well for some people and not at all for others (typical with anti-arrhythmic medicines) and that it is not safe for patients with heart failure or permanent atrial fibrillation."

billsett January 29, 2012

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I have been taking Multaq since July, 2010 and found that my heartbeat has never been so regular. I had A-Fibrillation and was cardioverted once and since then I have been very normal thanks to Multaq. The only side effect I have noticed is occasional light-colored, soft stools. "

Miss G. November 16, 2011

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I have been taking Multag along with Diltiazem for a year. I have been able to maintain a normal heart rate. There have been no side effects. The only drawback seems to be the cost. This is not on most insurance companies formulary list. Your doctor must put through a special authorization request. The cost is high. Without insurance it's about $300 for a month's supply. Because my doctor's authorization was honored, I pay $123 a month. I put through a request to Sanofi-Aventi citing personal hardship and asking for a reduction in price from them. So far, I have heard nothing from them. Although it's a hardship for me, I pay the price for one simple reason -- it works."

Elizabeth V. October 10, 2011

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "Have used Multaq for almost 2 years. No side effects. I have noticed life is good (normal. Thank you Multaq."

Anonymous July 22, 2011

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "For 4 months, Multaq and Lopressor together have maintained normal sinus rhythm for me. No serious side effects."

Tommy T2u July 19, 2011

For Atrial Fibrillation: "I have chronic atrial fibrillation, had 5 cardioversions over 2 years. Return to normal rhythm lasted from 4 to 6 months. Doctor prescribed Multaq; subsequent cardioversion (#6) retained normal rhythm only 4 months. Had #7 cardioversion March 2, still on Multaq. If normal rhythm doesn't last at least 6 months I'll quit Multaq."

Marinermark March 25, 2011

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Flutter: "still had recurring a flutter"

Anonymous March 7, 2011

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Flutter: "Worked very well at the start, but after 1 month I was back in Atrial Flutter. Had no side effects at all. Now Doctor is putting me on Flecainide."

Anonymous February 27, 2011

For Atrial Fibrillation: "On this medication for one year now. Have had several Atrial Fibrillation episodes, with longest duration 17 days, all with self conversion. Previously on sotalol and digoxin. Ablation probably in the not too distant future, but not looking forward to it. Have severe sleep apnea and all episodes but one triggered during sleep."

lqclamar November 21, 2010

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I just turned 47. I started taking Multaq in January after having 3 ablations and trying numerous medicines that made me feel like crap. The one thing I have noticed now is that if I forget to take it when I should, my heart actually starts to ache. My initial heart rhythm was PSVT prior to my first ablation."

VANURSE47 August 18, 2010

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "Started on Dronedarone 2 months ago after failures with Propafenone, Sotalol and Ablation procedures. To date Dronedarone has been totally ineffective."

afib-davey April 13, 2010

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I am taking Multaq for 5 months. I suffered from atrial fibrillation and skipped beats. I am AF free for the first time in 5 yrs. The only side effect is diarrhea."

lucyc March 7, 2010

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Atrial Fibrillation: "Ineffective for me, but no side effects."

neamb2 February 5, 2010

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: "I have a pacemaker and a recent stent in a 90% blocked artery. Since I started taking Multaq only one episode of Afib and no notable side effects experienced."

Anonymous December 8, 2009