User Reviews for Dronedarone

6.4
Atrial Flutter

Reviews for Dronedarone

Tom · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2021

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I was recently diagnosed with both Atrial Flutter and AFIB. I have to come off the drug after the 8th dose (4th day) due to severe side effects that progressively got worse each day. My hands and feet swelled, nausea, diarrhea, pounding headaches, foggy, dizzy, loss of memory. My EP also prescribed Ranolazine (RANEXA EQ) 500mg/2xs day. I stopped taking both drugs yesterday and started taking Flecainide (Tambacor EQ) 100 MG/2xs day.”

Mike February 23, 2021

For Atrial Fibrillation: “I've only had one episode of diagnosed and monitored Afib. My heart rhythm came back on its own after 4 hours. They put me on Multaq, 400mg, twice a day. This drug is so hard on my stomach. Even taken with some food. You have to take it with a whole, moderate-to-large meal, not just something like a roll or piece of toast. Twice a day, breakfast and dinner, and that puts weight on. My cardiologist put me on Nexium, 20mg, at first once a day, then twice a day. I am supposed take the Nexium before eating in the morning and at bed time. Before eating works OK in the morning and I might get a away without symptoms from Multaq then. Once I take the 2nd dose of Multaq, my stomach is bad for the evening and overnight. Endless burping and indigestion, and sometimes diarrhea. I have GERD, which was under control until I started Multaq. The stomach problems caused by Multaq make it difficult to take other necessary medications during the day. No more Afib but, I MUST get off Multaq.”

SCgirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 25, 2021

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I ended up in ER with a fib 120+ beats per minute for 3+ hours. Started Multaq the next day. Six weeks later I had a 10 hour episode. I also experience gastro problems and hot flashes to the tune of $700 per month. Call into cardiologist...no response.”

billsett January 29, 2012

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “Have been on Multaq since Sept. 2009 and it has worked very well. Had one brief ER visit after forgetting to take a dose on time, and one brief episode of tachycardia after drinking too much Espresso. My pulse is slow and steady, blood pressure is low and I have no noticeable adverse effects as long as I take it with food to avoid intestinal discomfort. It's important to know that Multaq works very well for some people and not at all for others (typical with anti-arrhythmic medicines) and that it is not safe for patients with heart failure or permanent atrial fibrillation.”

Elizabeth V. October 10, 2011

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I have been taking Multag along with Diltiazem for a year. I have been able to maintain a normal heart rate. There have been no side effects. The only drawback seems to be the cost. This is not on most insurance companies formulary list. Your doctor must put through a special authorization request. The cost is high. Without insurance it's about $300 for a month's supply. Because my doctor's authorization was honored, I pay $123 a month. I put through a request to Sanofi-Aventi citing personal hardship and asking for a reduction in price from them. So far, I have heard nothing from them. Although it's a hardship for me, I pay the price for one simple reason -- it works.”

Bill · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 29, 2019

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “In six years I had two ablations and more cardioversions than I can count for a-Fib . I had horrible side effects from Amiodarone. Finally I was put on Multaq 1 1/2 years ago. I still miss beats but it never gets bad enough to think about going to ER. NO side effects except possibly a very slight balance problem (so slight I wouldn't even notice it if I had not seen it listed), and I'm on another medications which could have caused that. So, basically no side effects whatever. This is the best drug I have ever taken, period. I gave it nine stars out of ten because it's expensive.”

Miss G. November 16, 2011

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I have been taking Multaq since July, 2010 and found that my heartbeat has never been so regular. I had A-Fibrillation and was cardioverted once and since then I have been very normal thanks to Multaq. The only side effect I have noticed is occasional light-colored, soft stools. ”

rene1970 · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2019

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I have dilated cardiomyopathy 37 years, CHF, afib, and PVC's. I am also end stage congestive heart failure, and my ejection fraction is 10%. I had been on amiodarone for about 1 year. Have had so many side affects. I gained 30 pounds, developed a cataract, and had severe jerking sensations.(uncontrollable movements). I switched to Multaq about a month ago, and I have been in perfect sinus rhythm ever since. I feel so good on this medication.”

NJM · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2019

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “My husband was recently diagnosed with paroxysmal Afib. EP put him on Multaq. The husband's normal heart rate is slow- 50-60 average. After starting Multaq the episodes seem to last longer (lasting hours now instead of 30 minutes or so) - Still had afib episodes daily, fatigued, diarrhea for the first week or so. Mutlaq is expensive, even with insurance was going to run $350 / month. Dr has decided to switch him to Sotalol. Hopefully, it works until his scheduled ablation in July. It is terrible seeing my active husband just dragging to get through a meal and sit in his chair :(”

VANURSE47 August 18, 2010

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I just turned 47. I started taking Multaq in January after having 3 ablations and trying numerous medicines that made me feel like crap. The one thing I have noticed now is that if I forget to take it when I should, my heart actually starts to ache. My initial heart rhythm was PSVT prior to my first ablation.”

Mister Mr. · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 3, 2020

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “When I was prescribed Multaq for my a-fib after a hospital stay to convert me back to normal rhythm I was apprehensive because it was a new drug . However I have had very good results with it for over 8 years. Not totally normal rhythm all the time but am able to manage it and stay out of the E.R. Now my insurance has changed and it may not be covered as it is now a non formulary. I'm pretty sure that just means it's expensive and my employer does not want to contribute to help pay for it. That really sucks for me as I have had excellent results with the drug. Side effects are minimal for me as long as I take it with food as recommend and on schedule. I think this is very important as it claims to not work nearly as well otherwise.”

Yippy skippy June 13, 2016

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I have intermittent AF and have been using this drug for about 5 years and have done very well on it. Some breakthroughs and I use Metropol to calm things done when necessary. I do not have heart disease as such, just an electrical problem. Recently, last couple of weeks,have noticed more frequent break throughs and it is taking a lot longer for the heart to settle down. I have done so well on Multag and hope I can work out the issues whatever they are. I am also on warfarin and home test which has been a godsend. AFib on line patient groups have been very helpful!”

Cub Fan · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 16, 2018

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I was getting 3 afib episodes a day sometimes and dr. put me on Multaq. Been taking it for almost 3 years and now only get about 2 episodes a year. Insurance and coupon card have now made it a 0 copay a month. This drug really works for me.”

Connie Selvera · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 24, 2015

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I've been doing pretty good on Multaq. Started using it in 2013, copay was $50, 2014 copay was $70. 2015 copay was $80. Now I received letter from Express Script telling me I will have to pay $200 in 2016. All prices are for 90 day supply. I can't afford to pay that amount. Is there anything less costly I could take instead of Multaq?”

Jack · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2018

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I've been shocked back into rhythm about four times. My afib would just make me feel like I had the flu, I had no energy. When I would have an episode I had to go to the ER. I've had ablation once and did fine for eight months and then back into afib. Last time the doctor put me on Multag, it's been four months now with no afib.”

Lit Lady August 21, 2018

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “Multaq was effective at keeping my heart in rhythm but I immediately began to have terrible muscle spasms in my thighs, back, stomach, calves and feet. It was terrible and kept me from sleeping. I was also taking Coumadin and Synthroid.”

Shirley · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 11, 2018

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I was going to the emergency room about every other month for a six hour stay each time in A-Fib for about five years. My cardiologist went on vacation and so I saw another in the same practice. He wondered why I hadn't been put on Multaq and started me on it. Haven't been to the emergency room since!”

Number1nana50 February 10, 2016

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I was put on Multaq after 1 episode of afib. Since then I have experienced nausea every night, loose stools several times a day and headache. My out of pocket from insurance last year was $20 for 3 months from express scripts. This month for a three month supply was $647.”

kjmason · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 7, 2015

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I have been taking multaq since 2009, I can no longer afford it. I am also a diabetic so I take insulin my prescriptions are quite expensive. I will take it until I run out then I will hope for the best. I can't pay my living expenses and afford insurance copays and meds. So I will take care of my normal living expenses.”

CM · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 22, 2019

Multaq (dronedarone): “After being misdiagnosed with atrial fibrillation the Hospital gave Mother (75) Multaq thinking she had atrial fibrillation (never diagnosed or experienced before) when she entered hospital for carpal tunnel surgery, tired, afraid, dehydrated and as instructed without eating or drinking. They prescribed Multaq, regardless of Black Box Warning. She had been healthy and active (gardening, skiing) but deteriorated and die within 6 months. When later admitted to hospital due to effects of Multaq, they said she should not have been given Multaq but could not reverse damage to cardiovascular system and kidney failure in a month of hospitalization and death.”

kewx · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 2, 2020

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I have had 2 ablations...one with cryo and then RF. I am on multaq for 3 months and I am only just 4 weeks into the course. I do not like the drug. I am tired and weak presumably from Multaq. My face is red and dry....I have some itching. I have SOB with light exertion that I did not have previously. I believe I have vision problems with it also,.. near vision is cloudy and it does not matter what readers I use. Far vision is better. Hopefully I will be off this in 8 weeks. Maybe I'm framing Multaq like OJ but I don't think so.”

D. · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 23, 2020

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “Afib for twenty years. It has become clear that the digestive tract is the culprit for my afib. I now take a dose of miralax after lunch every day. Its cut my afib events down from once or twice a week to maybe once a month. With taking multaq its even less frequent.”

Morgsmom November 10, 2017

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I have had afib since I was 9, it lasted until I was 27, then it just went away for 29 years, a year ago it returned, episodes last 6-12 hour episodes, 2-3 monthly, I was on Multaq 500 mg 2 times a day for 6 months, with no change at all, and at the price of $600 a month I finally asked my cardiologist if we could stop it, He agreed, been 6 months without, still get the afib 2-3 times a month.”

Shifenated 14 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2018

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “Taking Multaq since April 6th. Side effects are horrendous. Have been in bad pain ( stomach ) since 11 am. Have tried Gaviscon, nothing works, am also shivery and cold. Not taking the evening one as in too much pain. Couldn't spend another day in pain like this.”

Joseph February 23, 2018

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “I had a ablation after 3 months my electrophysiologist took me off of Multaq. After 10 days started having constant palpitations. Got back on multaq. I guess I needed a ablation and multaq to stay in normal sinus rhythm.”

Joanne May 14, 2018

Multaq (dronedarone) for Atrial Fibrillation: “Been on since Wednesday, today is Sunday. I take twice a day, I am on a heart monitor, since taking med, heart is beating rapidly. Ended up Friday nite in ER, with my potissum, calcium, magnesium levels low. ER physician put me on Tums and potassium, told me to see my cardiologist on Monday for blood work. I feel terrible.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 14, 2016

For Atrial Fibrillation: “Have had paroxysmal Afib since 1978. Digoxin controlled my Afib reasonable successfully until summer of 2012 when the frequency and duration of my Afib occurrences increased to an event every two or three months. Then in May 2013, I almost passed out during an Afib episode. Switched to MULTAQ 400mg twice daily after being admitted to the hospital and my Afib has been under control ever since. I notice some missed beats occasionally, but nothing like the random palpitations I had during Afib. MULTAQ is working for me.”

Gibster May 3, 2019

For Atrial Fibrillation: “I have a fib and taking 400mg of Multaq and 25mg of metoprolol 2x daily. I have been on this medication for 2 months. The first issue with the drug is ear ringing which is extremely bad to the point of effecting concentration and even sleep. I have noticed a significant reduction in the quality of sleep and have regular nightmares which I never had prior to taking the medication. My heart constantly feels like it is stressed or burning as if I ran a long distance without warming up first. I am 50 years old and in excellent physical condition. I have experienced a dramatic increase in hair loss in two months. The worst experience by far however is the incredible amount of belly bloating and muscle spasms. The bottom line, the drug has stopped my a fib however the side effects are extreme for me. I would highly recommend you try other options prior to this drug. I will be going off the medication as soon as possible.”