User Reviews for Acticlate

Learn more about Acticlate.

Acne 4 reviews 562 medications

8.3
Summary of Acticlate reviews 4 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Acticlate

For Acne "I've been on for one week now, 75mg a day/3months. I have for the most part always had clear skin all of my life w/ an occasional pimple. I'm 27 and just this year I've been breaking out, cystic acne out of no where. I finally went to the derm after everything else failed. Like I said, it's been a week and I can tell you this medicine is tricky. I have some side effects, abnominal pain, severe headaches, couple others, but I see a such a difference! The stuff stuck in my skin is coming out, it's not drying my skin like trentinoin did. I've never been on medicine like this so take it at night before bed to avoid feeling some of the symptoms. Avoid the sun+ any drinking when on this, it will make you vomit!"

Candy sweets (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "This medicine is great. I just started developing acne 2 years ago (I'm 26). I tried everything from eating raw/clean, eliminating dairy, drinking more H2O... and all of the other "free yourself of acne myths". I hate being on medicine. I'm a very, live natural person. I did a lot of research on this after my dermatologist prescribed it to me. It seems to not have any long term side effects. I learned quickly, within the first 2 weeks of taking it, you have to take it with food starting out. I would throw up otherwise. But when you get used to it, it's fine. I also made the mistake of having 1 beer with it when I first started taking it. Definitely puked after that. Anyway, my skin cleared up IMMEDIATELY. Like 2 weeks after I started it!"

Kris10Hills December 8, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have been on this medicine for three weeks and I am using it with retin-a nightly. I can say that this medicine seems to be doing the job for me. I did read some reviews that said this medicine may make your face worse before it gets better, but that was not the case for me. However, my face did seem to appear quite dry, but not to the point where it would hurt/burn. Only a couple patches of my face seemed to be dry and I am sure to apply moisturizer an hour after applying retin-a. Moisturizer will be your bestfriend when using this medicine (I highly recommend cetaphil moisturizer). I had lots of comodones on my forehead and now, I have just a few which can be tolerated. Hopefully they will go away within 2 months."

Ash16897 December 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Once I moved to a more humid climate around 8th grade, my skin exploded and I decided to start the original Proactiv and while it was harsh on my skin at first, it worked wonders for the 4-5 years I used it. After my skin got used to the Proactiv formula, I tried everything from biore to clean and clear to gentle cleansers like neutrogena. I'm now 20 and the acne was getting in the way of my self confidence so I decided to make an appointment with my dermatologist and she prescribed Acticlate (doxycycline). I broke out on and off for about a month but now it's mostly scarring and the occasional small pimple. If you're going on doxycycline, stick it out! I promise it's so worth it."

Becca1578 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2015