User Reviews for Donepezil (Page 4)

Also known as: Aricept, Aricept ODT

Lewy Body Dementia 7.8
Mild Cognitive Impairment 5.1
Alzheimer's Disease 4.8
Summary of Donepezil reviews 5.1 84 reviews

Reviews for Donepezil

kroner July 29, 2011

Aricept ODT (donepezil) for Mild Cognitive Impairment: “Within 3 days of a 5 mg dose my husband was a different person with a zest for life and stopping his 'shuffle' walk to a brisk walking pace. His mind is clear to tackle his Income Tax Return though his short term memory is still impaired but we can live with that.”

annemdougb November 22, 2010

Aricept (donepezil) for Alzheimer's Disease: “I have been on this medication for 4 months now. I am 55 with early-onset Alzheimer's. I have noticed a significant improvement. I do not feel so much anymore as if I am walking around in a fog. I have not had any side-effects at all from this medication. I am hopeful that it will stave off a rapid progression of this disease.”

cjrowland September 13, 2010

Aricept (donepezil) for Alzheimer's Disease: “Two years ago my Mom used 5mg of Aricept for one month, she became almost a total zombie taking this medicine. Would not get out of bed, her mind was a lot worse than before she started taking it. A month ago she was put on 10mg of Aricept and after two doses was taken to the hospital, she was totally out of control and knew nothing of what was going on. It is not for everyone.”

katydidit August 27, 2010

Aricept (donepezil) for Alzheimer's Disease: “My husband was diagnosed 10/21/2009 with moderate Alzheimers. He was started on Namenda for 4-6 weeks and then Aricept, 10mg. Before he took the medicines, he was roaming at night and hallucinating. After he took the medicines for a while, he stopped hallucinating, he wasn't confused as often, he can carry through a normal day, including eating out with friends 5 days a week, helping take care of the grandchildren, 6 & 10, use his riding mower, and yesterday, 8/17/10 he re-spooled his weedeater. He hasn't been able to do that for a long time. At this time he's suffering with long-time constipation and has just had a positive hemocult (stool test). A colonoscopy is next. Could this be a side-effect?”

Cajunchick September 21, 2009

Aricept (donepezil) for Alzheimer's Disease: “My mother was on this as well for 6 weeks when the delusions started. The pharmacist said that it would take a little while to get out of her system. I did see a major improvement in her short term memory! Maybe the drug makers could alter the recommended dosage to once a week since this seems to be a build up before we see the delusions happen. I didn't want to take her off of it because of the improvement, but I did not want her to continue to wander out of the house because of the voices she was hearing.”

mother is my life August 25, 2009

Aricept (donepezil) for Alzheimer's Disease: “My mum has been on this medicine for 8 weeks now and her cognitive thinking and problem solving has become more fluent, she also looks much more alert.”

Delgado July 16, 2009

Aricept (donepezil) for Alzheimer's Disease: “Have been using Aricept for approximately 6 years and Namenda also.”

elkojohn December 21, 2008

For Mild Cognitive Impairment: “As a result of exposure to pesticide and living with depression (on & off for years), I began to have problems with memory, concentration, distractibility and constantly losing and misplacing things. After much testing, Alzeihmers was ruled out and my diagnosis is Mild Cognitive Impairment. Aricept helped immensely. I still contend with the above problems, except to a much lesser degree than before I started taking Aricept. After about 8-months, the medicine seemed a little less effective but it still keeps me functioning.”

yogiman July 16, 2008

Aricept (donepezil) for Alzheimer's Disease: “After brain surgery my vocabulary and speech became very bad. A doctor suggested Aricept. I didn't notice any improvement in my speech but my kids did. Apparently it works for different things. Because of the surgery my short term memory is out. Long term memory is still there.”

Denise90275 November 24, 2007

Aricept (donepezil) for Alzheimer's Disease: “My father has been on Aricept for 6 weeks and has become delusional especially at night. My mother stopped the medication because he wasn't sleeping at all at night and thus neither was she. I don't see this listed as a side effect and don't know if the change in my father's behavior is related to the Aricept or just increasing severity of his dementia. Will have to wait and see if things get better now that he's off the drug. ”

Furniture_man August 29, 2007

Aricept (donepezil) for Alzheimer's Disease: “Mom was having memory problems and was prescribed this drug. By the 4'th week on the drug, she was having delusions. It's been 6 months and the delusions seem to be reduced, but not gone. Caffeine seems to add to the problem so we are reducing her coffee. She also seems to get better when she exercises (walking).”