User Reviews for Dovato

HIV Infection

Reviews for Dovato

Third a charm · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 23, 2021

For HIV Infection: “I was diagnosed with HIV in June 2020 and started out with Biktarvy which, although got me to undetectable fast, didn’t work well for me – mainly due to hair loss, rash and heart rushing. I switched to Triumeq which worked ok but often had bad stomach. Since two months back I asked to try Dovato instead since it’s the same as Triumeq but without the Abacavir. I have since not had a single side effect and so far this medication works incredibly well for me. Haven’t done my blood works since I switched, but I assume and hope I’m still undetectable. Slowly accepting these days that I am living with HIV, but hoping so much for a cure. We are so blessed though about the ingenuity of mankind creating molecules that saves most of us from a previously certain, early death. Thank you to the entire medical community. Thank you for giving us all life.”

Danny · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 29, 2021

For HIV Infection: “I transferred to Dovato after using Biktarvy for a while. Doctor suggested that the two drug regime would be better long term. Completely happy on Dovato so far (about 16 months now). No side effects and good control of my situation. Very thankful for the medication and amazing doctors.”

Norse · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 10, 2021

For HIV Infection: “Update - Been on Dovato 18 months now. All tests are excellent. Undetectable and CD4 counts between 1100-1350. Experienced neuropathy, insomnia etc as I started treatment with Biktarvy. No side effects on Dovato. Strong believer that only 2 drugs will be beneficial for my long term health. Work out 5 days a week + working full time. Try to enjoy my life. Thank you science!”

ESE8898 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2021

For HIV Infection: “I was experiencing vivid dreams after being on Biktarvy for a year and a half and thought I would improve my sleep quality by switching to Dovato. Sleep quality on Biktarvy was a 7 out of 10...sleep quality on Dovato was a 1 out of 10. I was also trying to get away from Biktarvy as it was increasing my LDL ( Bad cholesterol) and I am a healthy male in my 40's with a great diet and gym 4 times a week. On Biktarvy I also had muscle strains and injuries that seemed to never recover. Had to try something different. Grateful we have so many choices. :) Dovato might be GREAT for you ... however for me I would wake up after 3-4 hours of sleep... resulting in a horrible attitude, pressure in my head and headaches from really bad sleep. On Dovato I would fall asleep at 11 and wake at 3 AM and stare at the ceiling for hours trying to get back to sleep. Insomnia resulted in feeling like garbage for weeks while on this med. Back to Biktarvy and hope for a cure soon!”

Annie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 3, 2021

For HIV Infection: “I've been on Dovato for 9 months now and it causes extreme anxiety and weird vision for me. But upon reading the reviews of other drugs I think I would rather be hermit crab with bad anxiety than have liver issues and hair loss and insomnia like the other drugs cause. Besides anxiety and weird vision issues it has caused no issues lol. Wish the anxiety would chill out.”

gum · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 17, 2021

For HIV Infection: “On it for about 5 months. No problems, no weakness, no side effects. One thing I can say is that I have been undetectable for 10 years and this continued with this drug, Bonus from me was that with this drug my CD4 is now the highest it has ever been in 15 years.”

Joe March 4, 2021

For HIV Infection: “I tried it for 1 month and experienced really bad neuropathy in my arms and legs. I read that in rare cases neuropathy is a problem with 3TC. Other symptoms experienced were brain fog and strong fatigue. When I brought this up with the HIV clinic, they unsurprisingly dismissed my concerns with the "but that's extremely rare" spiel. I switched back to Biktarvy. Also this is not a "new drug" as it's often touted. It's a new BRAND, not a new drug. Dolutegravir has been around since 2013. Lamivudine (3TC) since 1995 (!!). So just because they have splashy TV ads doesn't mean this is the latest and greatest. I chose to be cautious and go back to Biktarvy, where I had less overall side effects, and as far as I'm aware, neuropathy is not a known side effect of any of Biktarvy's ingredients. But in your case it might work for you, so feel free to try it if you wish.”

Justin3021 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 3, 2021

For HIV Infection: “I started taking Dovato in September 2020 and it is June 2021 now. This drug has worked pretty well for me in the fact that I became undetectable quite fast and it’s only two ingredients. I have found at first Dovato caused a lot of vivid dreams that are really life-like, but it doesn’t bother me so I’m okay with that. HAIR THINNING! No one talks about this but for a lot of people antiviral drugs cause hair loss which is the biggest setback to me when it comes to Dovato. My liver has remained healthy (even with my moderate alcohol use) so that’s always a plus. I do recommend unless you have extreme symptoms like some other people are having. Best luck! Stay healthy :)”

Ant · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 6, 2021

For HIV Infection: “Started to feel unwell around 4 months ago, having been on Dovato for 4 months at that point (previously on Stribild which served me well). I developed very high levels of anxiety (including very bleak thoughts), difficulty sleeping as well as abdominal/esophageal hypersensitivity and feelings of nausea. Agreed with my consultant today to switch back to Stribild. I have a strong suspicion the symptoms I've been experiencing are related to the Dovato but clearly don't know for sure. My post here is simply to share my experience and hopefully help others with their decision making. Thank you to everyone for your useful posts.”

Antonious · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 31, 2020

For HIV Infection: “Since startup on Dovato I experienced rapid weight loss; disorientation or anxiety, rapid heart rate (I use the smartwatch to monitor the bizarre variances), gradual difficulty breathing as if at high altitudes; morphine had the same results. Unable to sleep because heart rate drops to 56 causing oxygen-related anxieties. DVTs taking a rapid change since startup. Acud buildup, and I need iron and can't take it with Dovato.”

Spiro123 · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2021

For HIV Infection: “Hello everyone! Does anyone have rheumatoid arthritis along with HIV? I seem to be the only one having this combination please let me know as I am so much in pain and it started last year before my switch to Dovato and before the Coronavirus. You can write a review here on the Dovato review page. Thank you!”

Unknown female · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 9, 2021

For HIV Infection: “I hope someone can relate with my experience, I have been taking Dovato for two months now , was initially on Atripla took it for less than two weeks, I was highly allergic to it , confused, depressed, always feeling high like I drunk whole bottles of wine. I wasn’t stable and wanted to die. That was the longest two weeks of my life that I didn’t think I would survive, finally was put on Trimuq! I felt normal and happy and hopeful , it worked very well and cd4 greatly improved, my doc suggested after 2 moths to switch me Dovato, smaller in size less toxicity I was looking forward to it , a month into the drug , itchy skin , small bumps on my arms , tummy, back , turning black and black spots on my feet (don’t know if black spots on my feet were initially caused by atripla or triumeq as I noticed them only a month it Dovato) muscle spasms, pins & needles ,crawling skin ,a bit light headed, & now a couple of days of heart palpitations, dreams, anxiety”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 11, 2021

For HIV Infection: “Due to stomach pain, face, shoulder, neck paraesthesia, muscle pain, fatigue, angina pectoris, when I take the drug after lunch, I feel a sensitivity alteration reaction with sweating, the drug is not good for patients hypersensitive to Dolutegravir lamivudine. I have noticed that lamivudine is an active ingredient in a 25 year old drug called Epivir, so they cannot say that it is a new drug. :)”

Nick · Taken for less than 1 month July 20, 2021

For HIV Infection: “I've read the posts and it seems as this drug is not that good. I just got it today I hope it helps me bring my cd4 count up. I have been more concerned with if it affects cholesterol or A1C...Genvoya is a good HIV drug..I hope this drug helps me. If not I'm going back to Genvoya.”

Joseph-rat · Taken for less than 1 month November 7, 2021

For HIV Infection: “I switch from 4 years of Triumeq to Dovato as part of a research on the benefit of treatment with 2 drugs vs. 3 drugs. So far so good 2 weeks later I didn't feel any different. I have been doing well on Triumeq : a little weight gain when I started but otherwise ok medication. I did horribly with TDF/TAF, causing back pain and joint pain so Birktavy, Genvoya, or most Gileads pills are out.”

John · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 15, 2020

For HIV Infection: “Great drug so far no side effects”

Positive · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 27, 2021

For HIV Infection: “Dovato cause side effects of neuropathy in leg, weakness in muscles, so I'm back to tivicay truvada but paresthesia in legs not go away. Now will stop all meds . Ba careful of this drug”

Norse · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 8, 2020

For HIV Infection: “Been on Dovato 8 months now and feel great. No side effects.”

Dan · Taken for less than 1 month November 25, 2021

For HIV Infection: “Within two days of taking my first dose I started getting a rash the back of my neck and my arms immediately stopped taking Dr prescribed prednisone for my rash but still experiencing itching”

Young January 13, 2021

For HIV Infection: “If you sport active, not take dovato. Big muscle disorder and pain”

Rafael3333 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 6, 2021

For HIV Infection: “I have been on Dovato for about 8 months now. No issues. Feel fine.”