User Reviews for Genvoya

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Genvoya.

HIV Infection

Summary of Genvoya reviews 8.0 58 reviews

Reviews for Genvoya

For HIV Infection "I had tried other medicine for HIV and they worked but they also made me sick and depressed. I stopped taking them. Genvoya is the best! After I started taking it I got a night sweat here and there but that was about it. My viral load went from 123,000 copies to 122 in a month's time. Cd4 went from 173 to 364. Genvoya is not for everybody but if your doctor recommends it, get it!"

Othocal November 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "I diagnosed on May 2017 cd4 309, VL 5050. I am almost at my fourth week and everything is fine. I didn’t had any side-effects actually maybe first day stomach ache and headaches. After 30 days I can say I feel normal healthy and safe again :) waiting for my results."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "Shortly after I was infected in Mar 2017 the HIV wreaked havoc on my nervous system with some horrible peripheral neuropathy pain. Diagnosed on May 11 and started Genvoya in June with a class of 12,000 and cd4 of 660, one month later my class was 40 and cd4 increased to 822. Unlike most of the reviewers above I do have more side effects. The neuropathy is better thank God, but I have tiredness, sleeplessness, some abdominal pain, and lightheadedness. All that considered this medicine is what I call a wonder pill because it just works period. Due to the fact that cobicistat works with the liver I take it at night before bed so my liver will be at rest while the Genvoya does it’s thing. This was not my first choice so thanks Doc!"

Truethat October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "Diagnosed with HIV1 5 weeks ago. 190000 Viral Load and only 280 CD4 Was given Genvoya almost immediately. A little dizzy on day one, otherwise have not felt anything from taking medicine and lived as I always did. Try and eat healthy and exercise though. One month later down to 53 Viral Load and CD4 up to 540. I am thrilled! Hope this will stay like this. Will definitely happily keep taking this pill."

Danny1982 October 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed with HIV 06/2017. Viral load was 1500 with 472 CD4. I began taking Genvoya immediately. Just got my new lab results and my viral load is less than 20. I stop smoking cigarettes. I stopped drinking hard liquor. I started eating better and exercising more. I take a one a day multivitamin. Genvoya is the truth but you have to assist this medicine in the fight against the virus. I am happy to be living proof of to this medications success."

Trey Ken September 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "Ok this is my third review. I can say nothing more that thanks god and new advance medicines. I am in the 3 month and I could not be happier. Energy levels back to normal. I feel great. No side effects and my labs are great. My doctor forgot to tell me the numbers but from 300000 copies to undetectable I don’t know my cd4 but my doctor was so pleased that he informed me you only have to come every 6 months so my next appointment February 2018 I feel human again and I keep forgetting I am HIV positive. Good attitude and awesome times ahead I am 40 very happy"

The Latin boy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "Latest update. After 13 months on Genvoya (my first and only HIV med so far), my latest blood test showed the virus still undetectable (<20), which is great. So this medicine is still doing it's thing as advertised. No complaints there. However, my CD4 T-cell count has already plateaued. I went from 471 in March to 478 in September. I try not to get too jazzed about one test result, but this was a big disappointment for me. I was hoping to be right down the middle of the Genvoya-patient bell curve, with my CD4 count still gaining about 10 cells per month after six months on the drug. But this does not appear to be the case for me. That is not a fault of Genvoya, as far as I can tell. I just happen not to be a strong responder."

Richard II September 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "Switched from Complera to Genvoya without any issues. No side effects that I have noticed and I have maintained undetectable VL throughout the transition. Complera was also a good drug, but Genvoya has additional benefits. Great option."

Nacho B. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "I don't think that it is helping my body my legs feel weaker everyday and I have been feeling lightheaded. And my doctor will not listen to me, she says they are working . She will get an ear full in the next two weeks if she will not listen I will have to find another doctor."

Billy Joel (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "Take your meds - they work❤"

Star Gabriel August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "Love this medication...started this medication end of June CD#4 was 250 just one month later it is 432. HIV copies in blood started out at 7000 and now one month later is 21. I have lots of energy ..eating healthy and staying active.I'm 52 .I've had no side effects."

Mm444 August 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "Ok this is my first month and loving this Med already. More energy . I am in love with this med. Energy levels are the most awesome change in my body. Now the labs are crazy good I pass from cd4 285 after a month 305 By the most incredible change is viral load I started at 290000 copies after a month 210 copies crazy. I hope to get undectetable pretty soon. No side effects yet and my doctor said it is very uncommon have side effect this far into the treatment, this is my first HIV medication I got diagnose back in April 2017 and I started med in June 2017 :) happy I am 40, gym and eating "healthy" most of the time I drink occasionally"

Thelatin August 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "Most of people here have mentioned little to no side effects. That is good and I believe you. I’ve been on this for about 18 months. Before that I was on stribild and Atripla before that. Started in 2010. I’ve no idea why, but I am that 1% who gets side effects others do not. I am now into my 4th doctor since 2003 due to insurance provider issues. Only one ever really listened to me though. One even flat out said it’s not possible to have side effects. I keep saying I have fatigue and other side effects. I can’t concentrate. Forgetful. I recently found out I have the early stages of neuropathy. I have chronic depression. I can’t complain since it’s saving my life but I wish they had a way to tweak the dose for each individual. Oh well."

Uptown J (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "Great medication for HIV...."

Andrea1985 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "Female - HIV pos since 2014 - current viral load : undetectable I've been on Genvoya for about 2 months, and I love it. Little to no side effects. The first week I've had mild headaches, none now that I've been on it. Suspecting mild weight gain, however I could be wrong. I've only gained 5 extra lbs : may or may not be the medicine. Love genvoya *"

Anon101916 July 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "I'm a 52/year old heterosexual female. Infected with HIV late 2015. . Diagnosed 2-27-17. Viral load 76,000 and CD count 221... After 1 month viral load 86 and CD count 309. No side effects at all. Take every day 11:30 with a meal. I'm very happy and pleased with Genvoya."

Pam65ela (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "This is my 8th day taking this Med I was pretty sick Virus load 300000 Cd4 285 No side effects I had diarrhea for almost 2 months and my diarrhea stop as soon as I started with this Med I feel much better, I was very tired now my energy levels are better I hope I don't get side effects in the future I am 40 years old I tested positive 4/28/2017 Love this Med"

Latin boy June 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "Start with 500 000VL 10cd4 Was taking Genvoya for 6 months and it couldn't get me undetectable. My doc said that genvoya it's not working with other patients too.. Otherwise no serious side effects... If you start with low VL that's the best drug for you."

Takethatpill June 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "I have been HIV positive for 20 years, been through many harsh meds, this is not one of them. Need mostly for kidney issues and it did get my viral load undetectable for 3 months. It has slowly been going up, 20,40,50 over the last year. Not looking forward to a change as I have had no issues with genvoya."

hsdalley May 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "Upon diagnosis, my Doctor ordered a genotype testing to see if I have a certain gene type called HLA-B*5701. While waiting for the result, I researched online to compare Triumeq and Genvoya. My Doctor doesn't feel comfortable with Cobicistat as he worries about drug interactions. I, on the other hand, dislike the potential "gastrointestinal adverse reaction, lactic acid poisoning/acidosis, liver damage and cardiovascular damage" associated with Abacavir, which were denounced by my Doctor as "nonsense". Furthermore, I have trouble sleeping and am yet to fully quit (now so determined to quit more than ever) smoking, I insisted on taking Genvoya and presented to my Doctor with 10 reasons. He didn't object in the end."

Pufferfish in the Sea May 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed May of 2011, and I am 23, yes that's 6 years. I was put on genvoya 6 or 7 months ago. I was switched to this medication from atripla where I was having issues with weight because of constant diarrhea. Since switching to this med my weight has stabilized and the side effects of this medication are minor compared to others. I have been undectable since 2012 so that didn't have room for improvement on that. My CD4 has went down a little but my CD4 can go up and down 200 points within a 6 month span and be normal, so otherwise all is well."

Pattymelt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "I was very sick and did not know it. In December I had lost 32 lbs and jaundice. Had my gallbladder removed in February. Doctor could not figure out what was wrong. Several doctors had seen me. Then finally my doctor had me take an HIV test. I waited. Then was brought in to be told I am sick. Very sick. Later tests showed my T cells were at 175 and my viral load was 200,000. High. She recommended this drug and within 30 days my blood tests came back undetectable. They are doing another test next week and a geno test to confirm."

MarylanderMan April 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "Diagnosed HIV+ 1-28-17 Vital Load - 354,000 CD -254 Began Genvoya 3-13-17 Side effects - None Effective treatment - unknown until next week I have high hopes for this 4 in 1 pill. Fingers crossed I don't experience any future side effects."

Nathan B. April 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "I thought a long term user review might be helpful. I've been on Genvoya for 3 1/2 years, I was part of one of the Gilead clinical trials. I've experienced no side effects at all, may have something to do with taking antivirals for 10 years. My kidney function has improved and CD4 count has doubled. Keep in mind that the drugs in this combination aren't necessarily new, but the manufacturing process makes it safer on the kidneys and bone density which is why it was developed. If you can get past any initial side effects, I would recommend it. Long term use of antivirals can damage the kidneys, and this is a huge improvement. I noticed a lot of the reviewers were newly diagnosed. Exercise, eat well and take your meds. It does get better."

Vinc (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For HIV Infection "Day 1, five hours after taking it the only side effect I notice is being very thirsty. Diagnosed 10/2010 with a VL of 184 and CD4 ~1000. 7 years in, my VL is under 3000 CD4 ~700 with never having taken any HIV meds. Genvoya was prescribed for me a few months ago but I have been dragging my feet. Will update occasionally since it's only day 1 and not much to share yet. Best to you all!"

Mike517 April 8, 2017