User Reviews for Genvoya

Learn more about Genvoya.

HIV Infection 40 reviews 72 medications

7.7
Summary of Genvoya reviews 40 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Genvoya

For HIV Infection "I have been HIV positive for 20 years, been through many harsh meds, this is not one of them. Need mostly for kidney issues and it did get my viral load undetectable for 3 months. It has slowly been going up, 20,40,50 over the last year. Not looking forward to a change as I have had no issues with genvoya."

hsdalley May 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "Upon diagnosis, my Doctor ordered a genotype testing to see if I have a certain gene type called HLA-B*5701. While waiting for the result, I researched online to compare Triumeq and Genvoya. My Doctor doesn't feel comfortable with Cobicistat as he worries about drug interactions. I, on the other hand, dislike the potential "gastrointestinal adverse reaction, lactic acid poisoning/acidosis, liver damage and cardiovascular damage" associated with Abacavir, which were denounced by my Doctor as "nonsense". Furthermore, I have trouble sleeping and am yet to fully quit (now so determined to quit more than ever) smoking, I insisted on taking Genvoya and presented to my Doctor with 10 reasons. He didn't object in the end."

Pufferfish in the Sea May 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed May of 2011, and I am 23, yes that's 6 years. I was put on genvoya 6 or 7 months ago. I was switched to this medication from atripla where I was having issues with weight because of constant diarrhea. Since switching to this med my weight has stabilized and the side effects of this medication are minor compared to others. I have been undectable since 2012 so that didn't have room for improvement on that. My CD4 has went down a little but my CD4 can go up and down 200 points within a 6 month span and be normal, so otherwise all is well."

Pattymelt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "I was very sick and did not know it. In December I had lost 32 lbs and jaundice. Had my gallbladder removed in February. Doctor could not figure out what was wrong. Several doctors had seen me. Then finally my doctor had me take an HIV test. I waited. Then was brought in to be told I am sick. Very sick. Later tests showed my T cells were at 175 and my viral load was 200,000. High. She recommended this drug and within 30 days my blood tests came back undetectable. They are doing another test next week and a geno test to confirm."

MarylanderMan April 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "Diagnosed HIV+ 1-28-17 Vital Load - 354,000 CD -254 Began Genvoya 3-13-17 Side effects - None Effective treatment - unknown until next week I have high hopes for this 4 in 1 pill. Fingers crossed I don't experience any future side effects."

Nathan B. April 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "I thought a long term user review might be helpful. I've been on Genvoya for 3 1/2 years, I was part of one of the Gilead clinical trials. I've experienced no side effects at all, may have something to do with taking antivirals for 10 years. My kidney function has improved and CD4 count has doubled. Keep in mind that the drugs in this combination aren't necessarily new, but the manufacturing process makes it safer on the kidneys and bone density which is why it was developed. If you can get past any initial side effects, I would recommend it. Long term use of antivirals can damage the kidneys, and this is a huge improvement. I noticed a lot of the reviewers were newly diagnosed. Exercise, eat well and take your meds. It does get better."

Vinc (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 9, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "Day 1, five hours after taking it the only side effect I notice is being very thirsty. Diagnosed 10/2010 with a VL of 184 and CD4 ~1000. 7 years in, my VL is under 3000 CD4 ~700 with never having taken any HIV meds. Genvoya was prescribed for me a few months ago but I have been dragging my feet. Will update occasionally since it's only day 1 and not much to share yet. Best to you all!"

Mike517 April 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "So I've been on Genvoya now 4 weeks since I found out I was HIV Positive, I started off in February 22nd ,with a VL of 119,000 and a CD4 count of 156. After these number I started treatment a week later , in conjunction with a mild Hyperbaric treatment 2 time a week for an hour. My new labs taken March 13th were VL 1520 and CD4 count of 451 , My Dr was so surprised of an amazing recovery. I was starting to feel really sick prior medication, started on Bactrim in conjunction with Genvoya , had a terrible reaction to Sulfa ekkkk...stopped that asap The only side effect is feeling a bit tired sometimes and skin pimples but nothing serious and would go away as the day progress... I do get very hungry. I give this med a 10!!"

Startingguy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "VL 5000 CD4 594 this is my first drug my doc have put my on I found out I was positive a week before Christmas Dec 2016 I just started this drug today as of March 22 ,2017 really scared and nervous about taken any medication and I'm only 23 so this is very scary for me , and I really don't know if I should take it now or what I just ate it's 5:35pm I want to wait 20mins before taking it. Will give you guys an update after my next doctor visit or two days to let you know how the medicine is working. And I'm on Genvoya."

Jacye March 22, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "Update! I initially gave my review about Genvoya within the first few days of starting it. 2 months in I have Great news. My viral load has been checked twice since taking Genvoya two months ago. 1st month VL went from 20000 to 459 CD4 went from 370 to 570. 2nd month VL went from 459 to 102. This is Life Saving Medicine. 1st few days I had slight nausea and headache, feeling of bengay or icy rub on my arms and hands. After two months 0 side effects with the exception of being hungry all the time. I'm energetic, not tired anymore, everyone says I have this glow, feel really great! I take Genvoya with food and without. I take it before bed. This is great medicine. I can drink a beer with it no side effects at all... I absolutely love Genvoya"

Babiboi (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "I previously posted my initial review after my first 6 weeks on Genvoya, so here is my update 6 months after that previous blood test. In the past 6 months, my CD4 count has risen from 343 to 474. This averages to an increase of 21 cells per month, which matches well with the official clinical patient trials for Genvoya. I am very very happy with that trend. So in 7.5 months on this drug, I've gone from a CD4 count of 326 to 474. I don't want to get too jazzed about one set of blood test results, but I'll take all the good news I can get. Most of my other bloodwork items came back within the normal ranges, which is nice. I switched health insurance carriers January 1, and now my co-pay has gone down by 95%, which is fantastic."

Richard II (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "Have been on Genvoya 3.5 months. VL has dropped from 293000 to 78; CD4 is unchanged at 153. There initially were no discernible side-affects. But have noticed problems with remembering things and forgetting words and really strange dreams. I am also on Welbutrin which apparently can also affect dreams. My kidney function has declined as well and I will see a nephrologist this week. Am also on a diuretic for blood pressure which can also affect kidneys. So, we'll see."

shgdc March 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "Diagnosed January 2017; started treatment on Genvoya, now 7 days in, absolutely zero problems. I notice a common theme of some of the negative comments ... Only one user mentions having taken Genvoya with a regular meal (and his experience has been positive); most users give no indication when they are taking the medication - I take mine at 5:30am with a small meal. Also it seems that users whom may be or have been on some other treatment besides Genvoya have the commonly attributed side effects that they mentioned - numbness, dizziness, forgetfulness, maybe a rash of some sort. I haven't had any such isuues. However, I notice that my skin seems to be easily cut when I'm shaving."

Slikebutta (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "Switch about 3 week ago due to Kaletra was keeping my cholesterol elevated . I was taking Truvada and Kaletra and noticed cholesterol level go up even though I take meds for it but was in normal range before. I haven't experienced and side effects, my body has always tolerated any meds that I take. If you don't have one please get a Gilead copay card , this will cover any out of pocket expenses with your insurance. VL/ undetectable and Cd4 count 515, will get checked again next month."

Andy2116 February 25, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "What a great drug! No side effects, vl undetectable, CD4 count 1159. I was on Atripla for a period of time but couldn't handle the side effects. Rashes, forgetfulness, horrible dreams, not being able to sleep, feeling like I was crawling out of my skin, etc. My doctor immediately took me off of Atripla and put me on Genvoya, absolutely no problems since then. I highly recommend this drug."

Genvoya1 February 22, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed with a viral load of 200000 and CD4 court of 12. I was the walking dead in my opinion with pcp pneumonia. Laying in the bed fighting for my life, 21 days later I was able to walk out the Hospital, weak however still I walked out. I started Taking Genvoya about 5 weeks ago and my viral load has dropped to 100k and CD4 round 225. I haven't had any of the common side effects. No headaches.. No nausea... No IBS ( not sure if thats one of the side effects or not) I'm rating Genvoya a 10. Its the New Kid on the Block with very positive results and low side effects. I hope this helps"

Genvoya Update (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "Was diagnosed a year ago, Viral load 20000 and CD4 540. I've always struggled with a Phobia of any medication, so learning of my HIV diagnosis I knew it was going to be a challenge to start treatment. 3 days ago I decided to start. I decided that Genvoya would be a perfect fit for me due to very little side affects. Day one. Slight nausea after and hour of taking Genvoya, but a piece of Pepper Mint candy stoped the nausea. 14 hours in I had a beer a nausea started up. Day Two, I felt really great! Slight dizziness after an hour of taking it, could have been my Anxiety that caused that. Remind you I have a phobia of Medication. The rest of Day Two I felt great, more energy. Day 3, absolutely no issues. I'm feeling great. Genvoya is great!"

Babiboi (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "I have been taking truvada, selzentry, lexiva, norVir for 10 yrs..was not happy about some of these meds being discontinued..I am allergic to alot of meds. I have been positive since"87". I have been undetectable for 8. T-cells are 285. I have been taken genvoya for 1 month, 1 week. 1st week was rough..nausea, diarrhea, fever....but I stuck it out. Hope this medicine helps us all. Do not give up.."

Stinkfist72 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "I have been taking Genvoya since September 2016. I had absolutely no side affects for the first month or two, except constantly breaking out in to small rashes on my face, chest and back which the docs claimed was not the medication. After the second month, my hands and feet started getting so tingly to the point that they'd go numb. This is still happening and now weekly vitamin B12 shots help, but not completely. I was given the B12 for severe lack of energy and always wanting to sleep, which started happening four months after in to Genvoya (shame it didn't work for that). Lastly, my bones feel weaker than ever. Hey, I can deal with this, as the alternative of no meds is one I don't ever want to face."

Tommy Carlson (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "The first day was awful... nausea, vomiting for hours, stomach ache that started about 8 hours after taking the pill (and lasted about 5 or 6 hours). I stopped it for one week cause it was Xmas time and had to stay at my parents house. The second time I took it it was the same, nausea and vomit for hours. But the day after I took the pill again after dinner and the side effects disappeared, except for the over production of gas, which is still happening after two weeks. But it seems to work very fast... the ganglions are decreasing dramatically!"

spain43 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "I was on a robust regimen (for 8 years) that was working great, but seemed like a heavy load (2 x per day, multiple pills...) and what attracted me was the once per day option and "easier" effects on my biology. I began taking Genvoya and, unfortunately, lasted only 2 weeks. My fingers were tingly & going numb, my heart rate was stressed, intense fatigue began to be a problem, muscle aches and then my sternum started to hurt . My doc let me know if Genvoya proved not to work for me that I could easily go back to my previous med combo. I chose to do go back and VOILA!, I feel 100% better and all side affects are subsiding or are gone after only 2 days. For me, I felt like I was taking poison - was this really researched?"

Delmar123 (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "I have been take Genvoya 1 month. From my VL 352 now undetectable within 1 month. I love Genvoya now."

Freddie2016 November 7, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "Diagnosed with HIV in early July 2016 and started taking Genvoya 2 weeks later. Had a blood test after 2 weeks on Genvoya to check liver function, which was fine. 6 weeks after starting Genvoya and my VL was undetectable (<20, VL was 31,500 just six weeks earlier) and CD4 count went up from 326 to 343. I take the one pill per day with dinner. Now 3.5 months later, the only side effect I have encountered is a very slight rash that isn't so visible, but does cause a bit of itching. A bit like a flea bite or something. Mostly on my forearms, but a little bit all over on occasion. The hiv specialist thinks it will subside over time. A little Cortizoine cream on each rash spot and i forget about them. This drug is a life saver. Try it"

Richard II October 29, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "I hope it can help you to choose to switch or not to this med.. I was on Atripla for 5 years (everything great but some common side effects like the alcohol feeling after 1 hour taking it). My doc told me there is a new one lighter for long time use and without neurological side effects, Genvoya. First day (maybe because of the switch): nausea all night and vomit First week: a really strong headache all day long and dizzy spells. And when someone use sarcasm for example I couldn't get it directly like my brain was so looow. Also to focus on a talk it was really hard. I wasn't not me anymore. So I told my doc and he said it's ok you tried enough you can restart Atripla from tonight and I REALLY prefere my 1 h drunk feeling than this all day!"

Hi there :) (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection "After one day taking Genvoya I developed a skin irritation which got worse from scratching and after 5 days I had to stop taking it. 2 weeks later the sores were still visible but the stinging burning sensation had diminished. I saw my doctor who brought in a dermatologist who said it was not a reaction to Genvoya, trying to suggest it was a soap or a plant like poison oak or something. Was prescribed a steroid skin gel and a histamine to help the itching and resumed taking Genvoya. It's been a week and the stinging burning sensation has returned and today 2 of the sores grew into large bumps again, although I avoid scratching. I had been doing very well on Reyataz, Truvada, and Combivir before switch to Stribild last year and now Genvoya."

JohnOakland (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2016