User Reviews for Genvoya

HIV Infection
7.9

Summary of Genvoya reviews 7.9 77 reviews

Reviews for Genvoya

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed HIV positive in April of this year. After lengthy discussions with my treatment nurse we mutually decided to start treatment as my labs were 'good' - VL 33000 & CD4 510; meaning this was caught early. I've been on Genvoya for 1 month so far and all is good. I already suffer high cholesterol so take G in the morning to prevent interaction with atorvastatin taken at night. Suffering just 1 day of extreme nausea, I think this was down to not eating with the tablet as per advice. I was rushing as late for work. I'm keeping an eye on tiredness as often feel like a short nap around lunch time. This is unusual for me. My BP (blood pressure) and DM2 (Diabetes mellitus type 2) remain stable. I just had my bloods taken a few hours ago and have to wait 2 weeks for first results whilst on this regimen. My adherence is also 100% so generally hopeful."

Dragon (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2018

For HIV Infection "I have never taken any meds fir HIV - being young and dumb and believing it would just go away. I found out I was HIV positive in 2016 and felt great so didn't do anything about it. Now to date, in the last 4 months my health has gone down hill so fast. My cd4 is 86 and I'm in and out of hospital. I have a Dr now and was put on genvoya and took 2 doses and had to be taken to hospital. My skin felt like I was burning from the inside out, and lots more side effects. It's been 2 weeks since this happened and I won't see my Dr for another 2 weeks so I feel like I'm dying a little each day. I want to get better now. I take this seriously now, and I just wish it didn't take so long to get started on a new med to see if a new one would work for me and if not keep trying different ones till one does work for me. My mom is researching, calling and learning all she can about living with AIDS she had her hopes up on genvoya working for me. I just pray it's not to late."

Nic (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2018

For HIV Infection "Okay so I just switched from taking genvoya which I think it was giving me crazy dreams daily so my doctor gave me biktarvy new drug that just came out in February 2018 I just started talking for the past 3 days threw up a few times had upset stomach probably my body adjusting to new meds I'll keep everyone posted stay healthy God bless"

Ajhb May 18, 2018

For HIV Infection "5/7/18 Here is my updated with taking genvoya. My main complaint is that it gives me chronic nightmares every time I sleep - whether it's during the day or at night. I think the reason is it's affecting my nervous system which is getting me very jittery before I go to sleep. It feels like I'm having 10 cups of coffee it is that wired jittery type of feeling. I could feel my nerves going crazy. So I'm going to talk to my doctor and have me switch off to something else even if it's temporary to see if these side effects go away. This has been happening for about 8 months I thought it would go away but it's not. Even though my body is responding very well to genvoya and keeping me undetectable and my CD4 count has been in the 850s I just can't take the crazy dreams waking me up in the middle of the night. Time to try something else."

Ajhb (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 7, 2018

For HIV Infection "With TAF it's a vast improvement over Stribild with TDF. But after 1 1/2 years I'm tired of it making me tired. I'm getting brain, liver, joint, and liver inflammation. This disease sucks."

None (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 5, 2018

For HIV Infection "Tested positive 6/1/16, started with Stribild 7/8/16 and then moved over to Genvoya 13 months ago. VL was 56k and CD4 just 154. Genvoya works, it works very well, and the side effects for me do not exist. I did just have a miserable 2 weeks on Triumeq (I do have higher cholesterol now, never did until HIV meds). However, I could not handle the head rush, anxiousness, and fatigue on Triumeq. Never had any side effects with Stribild or Genvoya, and cannot wait to go to the pharmacy and get it back. Don't think there are no options if something is not working. We all have the right to feel great while on treatment. Not all choices are the same...tell your Doc when something is a miss. Lifelong treatment does not mean the experience has to be miserable!!! Always UD now."

PDX (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2018

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed positive 2/15/05 viral load was as high as it could be (I think it was 16000 it 16 million I’m not sure ) T cells were below 500 - started with the usual two pill treatment and it worked great. In four month I was undetectable and tc climbed to 1000. Then because I was in the same treatment for 9 years - my doctor switched me to genvoya - gotta say I miss the wild dreams from taking Sustiva, but genvoya is great, I’m 51 now, undetectable for 13 years now and my T cells are between 1200 and 1300, my only issue is weight gain - I barely eat these days trying diet after diet but my belly is still big and I feel like I’m growing breasts, my doctor insist it not the genvoya, but I don’t know - I wasn’t this big before I started and I was very healthy and I cook every meal myself"

Jd (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2018

For HIV Infection "In 2010 was diagnosed with HIV so started Isentress and truvada. 2 weeks later was undetectable. Isentress at that time was 400mg twice daily with truvada once daily. Then Isentress changed formulation to once daily. Remained undetectable until last week. Changed to genvoya 6 months ago simply for 2 pill once a day...and now my viral load is 54 copies per ml. CD 4 is highest its ever been in 8yrs at 1386. I have had no side effects. I want to get back to less than 50 copies per no and being undetectable but with genvoya you must take it with food. For a while I was fairly inconsistent with this .....hopefully better news in 3-6 months"

Anonymous March 31, 2018

For HIV Infection "This is my 4th update since my HIV diagnosis. Now 20 months on Genvoya (my first and only HIV drug so far). CD4 count now 576, up from 326 back on 07/2016. An increase of 100 in the past 6 months alone. I am sorry to hear the previous poster did not respond well to Genvoya, but shame on him to allege others here are not telling the truth about our experiences. My experience with this drug has been very good. I do remember some very, very vivid dreams early on but they gradually subsided. I do worry that my white blood cell count has dropped well below normal levels. I don't know if that has anything to do with Genvoya or just one bad test result. My cholesterol has also raised a lot since starting Genvoya, but just above normal range. I take an Omega-3 supplement which has lowered my triglycerides well. Other than those things, I am still thrilled with my blood test results so far."

Richard (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2018

For HIV Infection "Just started with Genvoya, it was talked up as the best, been on it one month. I have have never had gout in my life but noweet are so swollen it's hard to walk."

Marco March 18, 2018

For HIV Infection "I've been taking this medicine for about a year I've noticed I ended up with neuropathy after 6 months. I know it's neuropathy. Throughout I was asking a lot of people and doctors and they're all getting the same results neuropathy and serious nightmares and other health problems. I just wish the people taking it and the company would tell the truth - it is not a miracle drug the end up with neuropathy severe dreams and other health problems probably won't even post this because it's all about the Mighty Dollar that's my opinion.."

Dan (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 10, 2018

For HIV Infection "After continued use of Genvoya (approximately 6 months), I noticed an increase of abdominal fat from under my pecs to lower stomach giving like a barrel appearance. I think they call it HIV belly. It is noticeable and after I eat it gets worse. They are apparently making a new type of Genvoya removing the component that causes this bloating appearance. I changed to another two types of pills that do not contain the bloating elements but the problem now will still not go away."

JOhn Anderson February 5, 2018

For HIV Infection "I’ve been HIV positive for at least 15 years. Maybe 16. That’s when I found out about it. I started on combivir & sustiva. Worked really good. I’ve been off any meds for about 8 years due to financial issues or whatever. I just never got sick. My doctor said I was a genetic miracle. I even partied some. The past 6 months or so I could tell I might need to start treatment again. Well flu season hit and I got a little sick. So I immediately started Genvoya. As my doctor instructed me to. I almost immediately could tell it was working. I’ve been on it for a week and a half. I definitely feel better. Like I said almost instantly. In about another month I’ll have some lab work done and share my results. Godspeed to you guys."

Play boy (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2018

For HIV Infection "I'm "positive" since 1996. I know depression, I know regression; I know every step. Now I'm negative so this drug really helps!!! "

ShovAsaN (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2018

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed with HIV one year ago and my viral load was in the thousands and my cd4 was at 253. After 4 months on genvoya I was undetectable and cd4 was 450. The genvoya made me healthy again and no side effects. I now have a future to look forward to because genvoya gave me a second chance at living a healthy life."

Rock7 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 15, 2018

For HIV Infection "I’ve been on genvoya for almost 2 weeks now and besides the diarrhea and slight tiredness I feel fine. I’m looking forward to seeing how well I do on lab tests after having it in my system longer."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

For HIV Infection "VL 31040 to 38 Cd4 413 to 558 3 weeks"

Hopefully80 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2018

For HIV Infection "Hello everyone I'm a 40 year old male I've been taking genvoya for about 8 months now in the beginning it wasn't to bad but lately I been noticing sleep problems every night I have weird dreams or nightmares. Also nausea and stomach cramps . Some days are good and some days I feel out if it going to talk to my doctor about changing to a different med. I noticed it's good to drink a lot of water when your on these meds. Plus lately I noticed protein in my urine I took a urine test and the doctor says it's one level above normal I told the doctor I think the meds are causing that so will see what happens. I'll keep you guys posted. Stay healthy everyone."

Austin hb December 25, 2017

For HIV Infection "I've been on this drug for almost two years, not a bit did I like this drug, I started noticing that I was more depressed than ever, I've became so anxious so lost. I constantly had diarrhea and if I was lucky there were some days I was able to deliver the feces normally. My eyes they've been red for almost two years and I assumed it was just my eyes. I remember going off the drug for a two days because I didn't have insurance, everything went back to normal, my eyes whiten again, my stomach felt better and my mentality got better. I then noticed the drug was the problem after 2 years. I switched to a different drug and I'm now recovering and feeling back to normal. Finally convinced the doctor after 2 years."

Ray_Ray December 13, 2017

For HIV Infection "I had tried other medicine for HIV and they worked but they also made me sick and depressed. I stopped taking them. Genvoya is the best! After I started taking it I got a night sweat here and there but that was about it. My viral load went from 123,000 copies to 122 in a month's time. Cd4 went from 173 to 364. Genvoya is not for everybody but if your doctor recommends it, get it!"

Othocal November 17, 2017

For HIV Infection "I diagnosed on May 2017 cd4 309, VL 5050. I am almost at my fourth week and everything is fine. I didn’t had any side-effects actually maybe first day stomach ache and headaches. After 30 days I can say I feel normal healthy and safe again :) waiting for my results."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2017

For HIV Infection "Shortly after I was infected in Mar 2017 the HIV wreaked havoc on my nervous system with some horrible peripheral neuropathy pain. Diagnosed on May 11 and started Genvoya in June with a class of 12,000 and cd4 of 660, one month later my class was 40 and cd4 increased to 822. Unlike most of the reviewers above I do have more side effects. The neuropathy is better thank God, but I have tiredness, sleeplessness, some abdominal pain, and lightheadedness. All that considered this medicine is what I call a wonder pill because it just works period. Due to the fact that cobicistat works with the liver I take it at night before bed so my liver will be at rest while the Genvoya does it’s thing. This was not my first choice so thanks Doc!"

Truethat October 11, 2017

For HIV Infection "Diagnosed with HIV1 5 weeks ago. 190000 Viral Load and only 280 CD4 Was given Genvoya almost immediately. A little dizzy on day one, otherwise have not felt anything from taking medicine and lived as I always did. Try and eat healthy and exercise though. One month later down to 53 Viral Load and CD4 up to 540. I am thrilled! Hope this will stay like this. Will definitely happily keep taking this pill."

Danny1982 October 4, 2017

For HIV Infection "I was diagnosed with HIV 06/2017. Viral load was 1500 with 472 CD4. I began taking Genvoya immediately. Just got my new lab results and my viral load is less than 20. I stop smoking cigarettes. I stopped drinking hard liquor. I started eating better and exercising more. I take a one a day multivitamin. Genvoya is the truth but you have to assist this medicine in the fight against the virus. I am happy to be living proof of to this medications success."

Trey Ken September 26, 2017

For HIV Infection "Ok this is my third review. I can say nothing more that thanks god and new advance medicines. I am in the 3 month and I could not be happier. Energy levels back to normal. I feel great. No side effects and my labs are great. My doctor forgot to tell me the numbers but from 300000 copies to undetectable I don’t know my cd4 but my doctor was so pleased that he informed me you only have to come every 6 months so my next appointment February 2018 I feel human again and I keep forgetting I am HIV positive. Good attitude and awesome times ahead I am 40 very happy"

The Latin boy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2017