User Reviews for Genvoya

Learn more about Genvoya.

HIV Infection 19 reviews 72 medications

6.4
Summary of Genvoya reviews 19 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Genvoya

For HIV Infection "I have been take Genvoya 1 month. From my VL 352 now undetectable within 1 month. I love Genvoya now."

Freddie2016 November 7, 2016

For HIV Infection "Diagnosed with HIV in early July 2016 and started taking Genvoya 2 weeks later. Had a blood test after 2 weeks on Genvoya to check liver function, which was fine. 6 weeks after starting Genvoya and my VL was undetectable (<20, VL was 31,500 just six weeks earlier) and CD4 count went up from 326 to 343. I take the one pill per day with dinner. Now 3.5 months later, the only side effect I have encountered is a very slight rash that isn't so visible, but does cause a bit of itching. A bit like a flea bite or something. Mostly on my forearms, but a little bit all over on occasion. The hiv specialist thinks it will subside over time. A little Cortizoine cream on each rash spot and i forget about them. This drug is a life saver. Try it"

Richard II October 29, 2016

For HIV Infection "I hope it can help you to choose to switch or not to this med.. I was on Atripla for 5 years (everything great but some common side effects like the alcohol feeling after 1 hour taking it). My doc told me there is a new one lighter for long time use and without neurological side effects, Genvoya. First day (maybe because of the switch): nausea all night and vomit First week: a really strong headache all day long and dizzy spells. And when someone use sarcasm for example I couldn't get it directly like my brain was so looow. Also to focus on a talk it was really hard. I wasn't not me anymore. So I told my doc and he said it's ok you tried enough you can restart Atripla from tonight and I REALLY prefere my 1 h drunk feeling than this all day!"

Hi there :) (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2016

For HIV Infection "After one day taking Genvoya I developed a skin irritation which got worse from scratching and after 5 days I had to stop taking it. 2 weeks later the sores were still visible but the stinging burning sensation had diminished. I saw my doctor who brought in a dermatologist who said it was not a reaction to Genvoya, trying to suggest it was a soap or a plant like poison oak or something. Was prescribed a steroid skin gel and a histamine to help the itching and resumed taking Genvoya. It's been a week and the stinging burning sensation has returned and today 2 of the sores grew into large bumps again, although I avoid scratching. I had been doing very well on Reyataz, Truvada, and Combivir before switch to Stribild last year and now Genvoya."

JohnOakland (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2016

For HIV Infection "I switched from ATRIPLA to GENVOYA after experiencing kidney issues with atripla. I have been taking GENVOYA for just 5 days and I experienced very little side effects, which I hope they will go away with time. These side effects on me are: - slight swelling of my tongue and glands without pain or feeling, just if I look in the mirror I can notice. This side effect is called respiratory tract inflammation. - trouble sleeping. I just heard this issue will go away taking the pill with your breakfast instead with your dinner (as I did) so you give time to your body to metabolize Genvoya long before going to sleep. I'll try that from today. - gassy feeling (no really a problem for me, but it is for my boyfriend hehehe)"

Israma October 13, 2016

For HIV Infection "Had been taking Atripla for 6yrs w/out ANY side-effects. Doctor retired and new doc suggested i switch to Genvoya as he said the risk of liver damage was greater w/ Atripla. I switched. ALL OF THE FOLLOWING issues began occurring within the past 6mths. However, none of these symptoms were ever attributed to my Genvoya ... until now. * Numbness in my left arm and hand. So much so that I sought advice of a neurologist. * Difficulty swallowing. PAINFUL!!! It feels like my esophagus just STOPS and won't push the food down. Upper GI scope found nothing. * EXTREMELY and easily irritated/agitated * Nervousness / anxiety * Frequent sudden mood swings The last 3 issues drove me and my loved ones crazy. I was NOT myself."

RyanJoel October 11, 2016

For HIV Infection "Feb 2016 I was diagnosed HIV+ with VL 8000000/CD4 700. Was immediately put on Stribild which I was able to tolerate but never felt well. I thought am I always going to have the feeling of not feeling well all the time. My first follow up May 2016 VL 90 did not get CD4 count on first follow up. My second follow up Sept 2016 VL 80/CD4 800. I started Genvoya on my second follow up and after a week I feel a lot better. I don't have the unending feeling of not feeling well. I actually feel better then I have in a long time. I actually feel like doing stuff now. Like when I started Stribild I have a sour taste on my tongue but hopefully it will go away like it did on Stribild. So far I am glad I made the switch. Time will tell."

Orez September 22, 2016

For HIV Infection "Today makes day number four of taking this. I take it right after I eat lunch and inexpierece no issues. I normally suffer with digestion issues and I am happy to say I have not experienced any. I did have explosive diareah the first hour after taking the medication on day one and two, but that has gone away. I have felt nasueated, but only on the second day after taking. Waiting for my new numbers in 30 days. My CD4 was at 352 and VL 897,000 as I was recently infected in June. Will follow up if necessary."

Tommy Bates September 20, 2016

For HIV Infection "Switched to Genvoya from eviplera. Wish i had of switched a lot sooner. Its only been a week but i feel and look so much better. More energy and less tired looking. Very happy."

Hope2016 (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2016

For HIV Infection "I have been on genvoya for almost a year now I switched from another medication due to gastrointestinal complications with these medications. I still experience daily bouts of bloating constipation and the inability to clear my bowel. The doctor says I should get a colonoscopy although I had a sigmoidoscopy they found nothing my blood test and fecal samples came back normal I think these medications have it out for my intestines. There are days where there are no issues then there are days where I'm in the bathroom for at least 4 to 5 hours off and on feeling like I could probably die right here on the toilet. I just want relief from my gastrointestinal issues related 2 genvoya.."

Delichat (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2016

For HIV Infection "I took Genvoya for about 3 weeks... I had to stop. I was regularly having numbness on the left side of my body. In addition to that, I was having what felt like small stinging sensations all over my body (mainly in my stomach and back). I also developed a skin irritation that I'm still fighting to get rid of. I really regret switching to this med."

ClaytonAtlanta August 15, 2016

For HIV Infection "I have been taking Genvoya now for 11 days. Recently diagnosed with really good lab cbc ranges, cd4 count and low viral load (was exposed early year 2016). I take it at noon everyday with my lunch, just to remain consistent. I can tell the medication is doing some work. My body feels different. I get really sleepy an hour after taking. First few days I felt warmer inside, even though I never have a temp. The indigestion is also very apparent and annoying at times. I noticed this the first day I started treatment. I also have some stomach cramping and frequent need to urinate. Cramping discomfort is very low grade. I think my body is working hard to clear and filter all the virus. I feel good overall."

Ziggity Boom (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2016

For HIV Infection "I've been taking Genvoya for about three months and have been experiencing some weird side effects and unsure if others have experienced as well they are Confusion, Memory loss, thought process There are some days I find myself with slow thought process, unable to articulate well or find it hard to think of words and putting them together in sentences, I've said things and and a minute later I would forget what I've said and at times feel unable to focus. I'm wondering if anyone had similar experiences?"

PRBronx July 10, 2016

For HIV Infection "I have been taking this for almost 3 months, after previously being on Complera with some possible kidney related side effects. So far, not too much problem other than diarrhea about an hour after taking this--every day like clock work. There were some sleep-related issues (not able to) in the first couple weeks of switching to Genvoya, but hose have gone away. Hoping that kidney function tests will return to normal when checked in about a month. My insurance did not cover this at all, and I had to use the Gilead co-pay program, which was relatively easy to sign up for and get started."

SA759266 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2016

For HIV Infection "Its my third day taking it. I am very bloated and nauseous all day long. I also have issues sleeping, but nothing to be bothered about. On the other hand, I feel stronger than before."

Anonymous April 12, 2016

For HIV Infection "DO NOT SWITCH! If you already takin Stribild like I was than FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT SWITCH! DO NOT RISK IT! i was diagnosed last year started on Striblid luckily with minimal side effects! everything was going well except for my back spasms which is no biggie compaired to what I experienced with this new pill About a month ago my Dr. Suggested I switch I decided to go ahead since this is suppoused to be a lighter version of Stribild and just as effective well turned out its not! At least not for me! Not sure if it has to do with ethnicity or age but this new pill made me remember what it feels like to be in laying on a death bed! I felt like I was back in square one I really did give it a chance but it just wasn't for me."

Skeptic13 April 1, 2016

For HIV Infection "I started Genvoya after being on ATRIPLA since 2007. I wish I would've switched sooner to at least Stribild. I hated the "drunk/high" feeling I got for hours after I took ATRIPLA. I switched at the beginning of March. The only downside I've had was the first two days I really didn't sleep very well (maybe only 2 hours each night. Also my ears would have sharp pains for those two days. Now I feel great! I don't have to freak out if I have to drive during the day because it doesn't make me high. I take my new little pill with breakfast and I LOVE it! Oh another plus is it's about 1/3rd the size of ATRIPLA!"

CS1357 (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2016

For HIV Infection "I had to go back on atripla. Genvoya gave me dizzy spells. I took it for one month stopped 5 days ago and I'm still having dizzy spells. I cannot find if anyone else is having the same side effects. wondering how long it will still stay in my system and keep me dizzy & and I get jittery!"

Roberrrrr (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2016

For HIV Infection "I started Genvoya over a week ago. After the 1st night I realized I most likely didn't hit REM sleep. I asked my doctor about it and he said that if taken right before bed, it can cause sleep issues for the first couple months or so. He told me to take it earlier mid afternoon instead. That way my body has time to metabolize the drug before I sleep. I have been sleeping great since. The biggest side effect is the bloated feeling. It does make you very gassy, constipated and makes your natural gag reflex very sensitive. I have vomited 3 times since being on the medication just from coughing or laughing. The doctor said these effects are normal and should go away as my body gets used to the drug. I used CareAssist to pay for Genvoya."

ChandlerTheCat (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2016