User Reviews for Docusate/senna to treat Constipation, Acute

Also known as: Senna S, Senna Plus, Senna-Time S, Senexon-S, Senokot S, Dok Plus, Sennalax-S, Docuzen, Medi-Laxx, Gentlax S, Ex-Lax Gentle Strength, Peri-Colace, SenoSol-SS, Doculax, Doc-Q-Lax

Docusate/senna Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Constipation, Acute.

Reviews for Docusate/senna

Alkari November 29, 2019

Senokot S (docusate / senna): “Senokot S is the best medicine for constipation give it time it always will work.”

B · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2019

“I take the SSRI Lexapro and the SNRI Effexor for massive anxiety disorder and major depression. The effect of serotonin re-uptake makes my bowel movements slow. I usually go twice or at least once a day but if I take my anxiety meds, I can't go. Lowering my medication dose and taking about 3 of these Sienna/docusate pills a day helps to keep me regular.”

beyonce · Taken for less than 1 month July 21, 2018

Senokot S (docusate / senna): “I have had chronic constipation for about 35 years. I am now 74 and it gets worse as you age. I had a period of time where I couldn't go for 2 weeks and my Dr. put me on Senikot S. One didn't work, but the next night I used 2 and it fixed me up. I keep it here to use if my usual cleansing tea doesn't work. The Senicot gave me no side effects.”

Pooping · Taken for less than 1 month October 22, 2017

“Took senna-s because I felt a bit constipated, and wanted some relief. After taking the medication, it took about 3 hours until I had a very bubbly stomach, after about an hour of bubbles I got incredible amounts of gas, followed by an extreme urgency to run to the bathroom and diarrhea, unfortunately this happened 10-15 times in the next 5 hours with no less urgency each time. Would definitely recommend having the day off if you're taking this because in my experience it gave me the runs and I would not have had time to make it to a toilet if I wasn't in my own home. Also had a lot of gas for the next few days, wouldn't recommend passing gas unless you are very near a toilet.”

Sad Stomach · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2017

Doculax (docusate / senna): “I will never take this product again. Yes, it does relieve the constipation, but the BAD side effects are not worth it. I was sick for 5 days. Read the label and expect the worst.”

Me2017 · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2017

Senokot S (docusate / senna): “I was badly constipated for 4 or 5 days. My stomach and my back were aching. No matter how much water and fibrous foods I ate, I wasn't able to go. At my wit's end, I bought Senokot S and took one pill at 9 pm and another at 1 am. While I could feel it working (I had some strange feelings in my stomach), I didn't get bad cramps or pain. At 9:30 am I was finally able to 'go' with no straining or pain.”

Juanluisdelatorre1967 March 22, 2017

“I was not able to have any bowel movement but this pill was a miracle!”

gee_trisha November 14, 2015

Doc-Q-Lax (docusate / senna): “I am a 52 year old women.I was bloating a lot from not pooping..Alls good now....”

alyagout · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2014

Senna Plus (docusate / senna): “Excellent medicine with little or no side-effects. I use it and highly recommend it.”

netranger801 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 24, 2013

“I am on painkillers for my back and I don't know what I would do without these. You have to make to sure to take x2 pills every 12 hours for it to work right and don't miss taking them. They work, and work great.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 9, 2013

Peri-Colace (docusate / senna): “Works great when you take 3-4 & follow it with a hot cup of coffee!”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 1, 2012

Senokot S (docusate / senna): “This is the only laxative/stool softener I can actually trust to take and produce a bowl movement within 12 hours! The only down side is that it gives me really bad stomach cramps about an hour before I am able to pass a bowl movement! If it was okay for me to take every day I would.”

AUNT BOOTS January 4, 2012

Senokot S (docusate / senna): “On a scale of one-ten I rate Senokot as a ten. I have chronic constipation since birth due to being born with a pituitary tumor and developed hypothyroidism. Nothing worked and the chronic constipation came full force the day after I graduated from college. I was in so much pain to the point where I could not eat, look for a job, or play waterpolo or my normal swimming. In 1985, a gastroentrologist put me on Senokot and it worked miracles. No bloating, was able to work out again and enjoy life. I HAD TO TAKE FOUR A DAY ONLY BECAUSE MY STOMACH WAS SO FAR GONE; BUT NO BLOATING NO IRRITATION OR HEARTBURN.”

Anonymous March 30, 2011

Senna S (docusate / senna): “It took over 12 hours to produce the desired effect but it was effective and gentle.”

Gaizzer May 10, 2010

Senokot S (docusate / senna): “Works great.”

sunnidaze December 1, 2009

Senna Plus (docusate / senna): “Drink the full glass of water. Then this action is more natural than many others I have tried. Find the right amount for you and then it doesn't cause painful stomach or flatulence.”