User Reviews for Mucinex Fast-Max Severe Congestion & Cough to treat Cough and Nasal Congestion

Mucinex Fast-Max Severe Congestion & Cough Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 226 medications used in the treatment of Cough and Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Mucinex Fast-Max Severe Congestion & Cough

Girl123 January 1, 2020

“I’m only giving this a high rating because it DID relieve my congestion & non stop coughing. However shortly after, I started having extreme anxiety, feeling like I was jumping out of my skin, and diarrhea. Maybe everyone doesn’t have the same side effects that’s true but this part was awful and would prevent me from taking it again.”

Smiley · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2019

“I usually take alka seltzer cold at work yesterday decided to try something different. Guess what I'm up at 12:51 am with diarrhea thats a bummer - never again..”

Lynne · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2019

“Mucinex severe cough and congestion seems to be working great! I haven’t had any problems as others have said, and I would be the one to have nausea and bowel issues!! I’m very pleased with the results!”

Annon November 29, 2019

“Worst product ever. Awful diarrhea, and I mean awful, hours lasting an painful. Instantly nauseas! Do not waste your money”

Amberlicious · Taken for less than 1 month October 27, 2019

“I took two doses within a four-hour. Of the Mucinex fast Max. I woke up the next morning able to breathe through my nostrils and much of my congestion in my chest was gone. I still had a severely congested nose and chest but it gave me 50% relief of what I had been experiencing for the past two days. I'm not the type of person to take medications unless I very much need to. I was very surprised at how well this medication worked. The simple fact that I am even leaving a review on this medication is to hold firm to how well it works for me and I'm very skeptical when it comes to any type of cold medication. I know there is no cure for the cold but just relief of symptoms and this medication did just that. Highly recommend”

Ty2 February 1, 2018

“I took the syrup version because I had been coughing up mucus in my lungs for about a week. Previously, I took Vicks Nyquil, but after using 24 oz, I thought that was a safer alternative. After 3 hours of taking a 15 mL dosage (the dosage cup was broken - had to use the Nyquil measuring cup which says 15 mL and 30 mL), which is 5 mL less than the recommended dosage, I was getting a fever, had trouble urinating, vomited, and had diarrhea at the same time. I did the same thing last night, but I ended up just not getting any sleep from being nauseous. I wish I had read the warning on the product that said, "do not take if your cough is phlegmy", but you know how it is with medication, the retailers keep it so well packaged that you have to take it home and read the warnings after popping down $20 to purchase it. I am going back to Nyquil for $10 in the future, but will let this cough subside first.”

Tevarado December 22, 2017

“I am quite disappointed in Mucinex Fast Max . Quite expensive and it does not work for me. I started taking it yesterday morning and I am still coughing with massive spurts of coughing. I do not recommend this product especially at the high cost , $17 that I paid for it. It seems to be wasted money and I still am coughing.”

PABurtless · Taken for 10 years or more October 24, 2017

“Sunday I took Advil because I felt run down, achy body, and runny nose. Today which is Monday October 23, I woke up to runny nose, ear and body ache, swelled and achy throat, breathing issues because I have one lung, run down, and headache. I saw doctor and got prescription of nasal spray. She told me because of the pressure of my nose, that's why my earaches. Also, the drainage of my nose is why my throat hurts. But she felt my pressure points and they were swelled. Wtheck. She said to get Mucinex DM and Advil over the counter. The Mucinex DM Maximum strength 12 hour, extended release 28 pills works GREAT! I've used this and Mucine Sinus max Congest.relief 16 liquid gel in the last few years! This medication is worth spending money on!”

Nicole52019 · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2016

“Took it an hour ago. Now I'm drowsy but also heart racing and shaky and nauseous ... so 3 more hours of this, and i have to get my kids off the bus. Never again will I take this. Did wonders for my cold but these side effects aren't even worth it....”

LL97 March 16, 2016

“This medicine works great. I had mild diarreah as a side effect, but my annoying mucus cough was relieved.”

VanessaT · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2016

“I took two tablets at 9am yesterday, followed by about 5-6 bottles of water. Sure the congestion and cold went away significantly, but I could not sleep til about 430am! I work a 12 hour shift, and had to call out from work. Needless to say, this medicine is going in the garbage. Heart palpitations, anxiety and insomnia!”

Learn more about Cough and Nasal Congestion