User Reviews for Danazol

Also known as: Danocrine

Danazol has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings on Drugs.com. 63% of those users who reviewed Danazol reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Endometriosis
6.8
Angioedema
9.5
Fibrocystic Breast Disease
Summary of Danazol reviews 7.0 8 reviews

Aj · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 29, 2020

For Endometriosis: “I've been on danazol for about 6 months now, following ablation surgery for endo. I haven't noticed much in the way of endo-like pain, with the exception of a handful of instances when using the bathroom. I have noticed a drastic change in my breast tissue, my chest is not as full as it was when I had a cycle and my nipples are not as sensitive as they once were. There was some weight gain, moodiness and acne but it's all manageable. The one thing that might cause me to stop taking this medication is that it may be causing some hypertension for me, apparently that happens for some folks.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2019

For Fibrocystic Breast Disease: “Danazol is the worst medicine”

Hereditary Angioedema · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 23, 2017

For Angioedema: “I've been taking Danazol for Hereditary Angioedema (HAE) since Winstrol was discontinued. The medication works beautifully to reduce the frequency and severity of attacks, but the side effects are immediately evident (After my second dose, I remember telling my family that this drug is going to kill me before the HAE does). Long term side effects have included: brain fog, severe memory problems, severe cognitive decline (especially in language processing), tiredness, weight gain (40 lbs., so far) and mild masculinization. I haven't had a period in more than 5 years. This cocktail of side effects has taken me from an aggressive and quick-tempered type A to a laid back, very relaxed couch potato. That's great for my family, but not so great for work.”

Swell girl July 18, 2010

For Angioedema: “This medicine has helped me so much for my hereditary angiodema! After taking this it has stopped all episodes. I can live a normal life and not have the fear of having a swelling attack if I put to much strain on my body. I know it's working, because if I miss a dose I can feel an attack coming along. Since day 1 of me taking Danazol I have not had any problems. I must warn that this drug does not correct the problem, it only stops episodes. There are some side effects that are a little uncomfortable. It has caused to to have an irregular period. Overall I give this medicine a 10 out of 10! If it wasn't for this medicine I would be fearing every morning when I wake up if I am going to have an episode.”

Clearly February 13, 2013

For Endometriosis: “I have been on danazol for endometriosis for about 2.5 months. My doctor opted to give me a very low dose (taken twice a day). My menstrual cycle continued (every 16 days) until this month. I no longer have one - or its very light and tolerable. The first few weeks I noticed an increase in frustration - and some stray hairs (face/neck/chest). Now that I have adjusted - I do find I get fatigued if I miss my morning dose. This is the BEST I have felt in 10 years (except for the time I spent on Depo - before it made me depressed). I've had no emotional side effects. Light acne. Slight weight gain (5 lbs).”

Anonymous February 1, 2012

For Endometriosis: “I can't really say how the medicine works. I took it for five days and in that time started to experience bowl changes, exhaustion, muscle cramping in legs and lower back, as well as weight gain. I made the decision that the pain from the endometriosis (which is being mostly controlled by birth control pills) is easier to deal with. I do hope that the medicine works for others with Endometriosis, because the pain is definitely not fun to deal with!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 10, 2012

Danocrine (danazol) for Fibrocystic Breast Disease: “I have always had painful and heavy periods, I mean soaking through 8 super tampons AND 8 super pads a day, I was often dizzy from the pain. I have had cysts on my ovaries and my uterus for as long as I can remember. About a year ago my breasts became extremely painful, there were really large masses that would hurt so much that nothing could make the pain stop. In 2 years I had 3 mammograms. I figured it was just something I would have to deal with the rest of my life. I got a new Dr who diagnosed me with Fibrocystic Breast Disease and started me on this medicine 4 months ago. It has helped me SO much! I have lost my insurance and can't seem to find anywhere that assists with the cost of this medicine. It's expensive.”

Anonymous August 6, 2010

Danocrine (danazol) for Endometriosis: “I suffered with endometriosis for several years without relief. I visited a gynecologist who prescribed danazol. I took if for a year and I am healed. I also had a mole on my leg which completely disappeared.”