User Reviews for Danazol

Also known as: Danocrine

Learn more about Danazol.

Angioedema 1 reviews 2 medications

Fibrocystic Breast Disease 1 reviews 1 medications

Endometriosis 3 reviews 106 medications

7.2
Summary of Danazol reviews 5 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Danazol

For Endometriosis: "I have been on danazol for endometriosis for about 2.5 months. My doctor opted to give me a very low dose (taken twice a day). My menstrual cycle continued (every 16 days) until this month. I no longer have one - or its very light and tolerable. The first few weeks I noticed an increase in frustration - and some stray hairs (face/neck/chest). Now that I have adjusted - I do find I get fatigued if I miss my morning dose. This is the BEST I have felt in 10 years (except for the time I spent on Depo - before it made me depressed). I've had no emotional side effects. Light acne. Slight weight gain (5 lbs)."

Clearly February 13, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Danocrine (danazol) for Fibrocystic Breast Disease: "I have always had painful and heavy periods, I mean soaking through 8 super tampons AND 8 super pads a day, I was often dizzy from the pain. I have had cysts on my ovaries and my uterus for as long as I can remember. About a year ago my breasts became extremely painful, there were really large masses that would hurt so much that nothing could make the pain stop. In 2 years I had 3 mammograms. I figured it was just something I would have to deal with the rest of my life. I got a new Dr who diagnosed me with Fibrocystic Breast Disease and started me on this medicine 4 months ago. It has helped me SO much! I have lost my insurance and can't seem to find anywhere that assists with the cost of this medicine. It's expensive."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis: "I can't really say how the medicine works. I took it for five days and in that time started to experience bowl changes, exhaustion, muscle cramping in legs and lower back, as well as weight gain. I made the decision that the pain from the endometriosis (which is being mostly controlled by birth control pills) is easier to deal with. I do hope that the medicine works for others with Endometriosis, because the pain is definitely not fun to deal with!"

Anonymous February 1, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Danocrine (danazol) for Endometriosis: "I suffered with endometriosis for several years without relief. I visited a gynecologist who prescribed danazol. I took if for a year and I am healed. I also had a mole on my leg which completely disappeared."

Anonymous August 6, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Angioedema: "This medicine has helped me so much for my hereditary angiodema! After taking this it has stopped all episodes. I can live a normal life and not have the fear of having a swelling attack if I put to much strain on my body. I know it's working, because if I miss a dose I can feel an attack coming along. Since day 1 of me taking Danazol I have not had any problems. I must warn that this drug does not correct the problem, it only stops episodes. There are some side effects that are a little uncomfortable. It has caused to to have an irregular period. Overall I give this medicine a 10 out of 10! If it wasn't for this medicine I would be fearing every morning when I wake up if I am going to have an episode."

Swell girl July 18, 2010