User Reviews for Danazol to treat Endometriosis

Also known as: Danocrine

Reviews for Danazol

Clearly February 13, 2013

“I have been on danazol for endometriosis for about 2.5 months. My doctor opted to give me a very low dose (taken twice a day). My menstrual cycle continued (every 16 days) until this month. I no longer have one - or its very light and tolerable. The first few weeks I noticed an increase in frustration - and some stray hairs (face/neck/chest). Now that I have adjusted - I do find I get fatigued if I miss my morning dose. This is the BEST I have felt in 10 years (except for the time I spent on Depo - before it made me depressed). I've had no emotional side effects. Light acne. Slight weight gain (5 lbs).”

Anonymous February 1, 2012

“I can't really say how the medicine works. I took it for five days and in that time started to experience bowl changes, exhaustion, muscle cramping in legs and lower back, as well as weight gain. I made the decision that the pain from the endometriosis (which is being mostly controlled by birth control pills) is easier to deal with. I do hope that the medicine works for others with Endometriosis, because the pain is definitely not fun to deal with!”

Anonymous August 6, 2010

Danocrine (danazol): “I suffered with endometriosis for several years without relief. I visited a gynecologist who prescribed danazol. I took if for a year and I am healed. I also had a mole on my leg which completely disappeared.”

Learn more about Endometriosis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)