User Reviews for Carbamazepine to treat Borderline Personality Disorder

Also known as: Tegretol, Carbatrol, Tegretol XR, Epitol, Equetro

notasponge · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 17, 2017

“I've been on this medication for almost 8 years now, and could not imagine going off of it. When I first started on carbemazepine, I could tell the difference within a few weeks. My mood swings became less volatile and it gives me a "buffer period" between actions and my reactions so that I am able to think about what is happening and react in an appropriate way. Weight gain and sexual side effects have not been a problem for me with this medication either.”

Juled · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 26, 2016

“Made me feel so ill from day 1 on just 200mg. Dr wanted me to increase to 400mg after 2 weeks (did tell me I might feel unwell, but to try & stick it out for at least 2 weeks). Was left for 5 weeks on 400mg feeling very unwell. Headache, pain in my neck & shoulders, dizzy, pain in my kidneys,(maybe just pain in my lower back muscles). Couldn't get up out of bed... Dr (without seeing me) told me through my care coordinater to reduce to 200mg for 3 days then stop all together. 6 days after stopping I still feel really unwell, especially when I just wake up or am tired. Hope this damage to me isn't permanent. Seems not getting any better after 6 days being of it...”

Learn more about Borderline Personality Disorder