User Reviews for Cafergot

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Cafergot.

Reviews for Cafergot to treat Cluster Headaches

"I've been taking Cafergot / ergotamine for over 25 years and it's the only med that actually relieves small cluster headaches to full blown migraines. I don't even want to try another because this works so fast with no side effects. I see where the pharmaceutical companies are trying to take it off the market. Please don't. I honestly don't know what I'd do if it were no longer available."

Hishoney333 (taken for 10 years or more) January 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Takes about 40 minutes to kill a cluster headache for me, and I usually combine it with an energy drink for about ~30 minutes before it works. I also take half a pill whenever a shadow comes just in case. No side effects. "

John_o March 8, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I usually take Exedrine migraine for my migraines this time it failed. My migraine lasted approx a day and a half looking desperately throughout my medicine cabinet I came across Cafergot which clearly I took at some point it relieved me a whole lot within I'd say about an hour very grateful for the medicine. Still have a slight throbbing pain at the back of my right eye but it has significantly reduced the pain."

hemz March 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was diagnosed with cluster headaches in my late 20's, I was prescribed Cafergot and it worked great. Although now the FDA has taken the medicine off the market due to some people having bad side effects. I tried many different steroids my neurologist experimented with, hoping for some relief and less frequency of the attacks, which didn't work at all. Now I'm prescribed sumatriptan tablets, and they seem to be working great for me. "

HenleyShaun (taken for 10 years or more) July 29, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug worked as well for me as did my Imitrex, but when my Neuro. changed my preventative meds. he switched me from Cafergot back to Imitrex (?). But I was pleased with the results of this med."

Zonie March 31, 2008