User Reviews for Mirvaso

Rosacea
3.2

Reviews for Mirvaso

donotusethiscream May 10, 2021

For Rosacea: “I had a bad experience with this cream. For the first few days of use it looked very promising, my redness was almost gone completely. Although as the days went on I started to put this cream on straight thing in the morning and then later in the day when i would get stressed or embarrassed my redness would look absolutely terrible. It would be completely pale is some places and then in others it would be BRIGHT RED. It happened on the outside of my face, right by my nose, right under my eyes. It was so bad that I couldn’t go to school. I felt physically and mentally uncomfortable I do not recommend at all.”

CT · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2021

For Rosacea: “Next day after using this gel redness was increased and I had to stop and see a doctor.”

Scout · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2021

For Rosacea: “Like others, I used the product for a couple of days but stopped on day 3 after experiencing intense rebound symptoms. It seems to have burned my face. I don’t think they should be allowed to market this product to people with rosacea given that it makes the symptoms worse. Hopefully this redness/burning isn’t permanent.”

Rainy October 29, 2020

For Rosacea: “Do not use this cream. It’s not worth it. I don’t have rosacea, but I blush several times a day, uncontrollably. Before using this cream, the redness would usually go down after school/ when I wasn’t stressed. The first time I used this cream it felt like a miracle. It felt too good to be true. I thought to myself *did this cream actually just get rid of my blushing*? It did the first day. I felt so confident, so great. But 2 days later, after the cream stopped working after many hours, my face looked so red and blotchy. I’m now red in places I normally haven’t been before. My forehead and both of my cheeks look horrible and I feel just as horrible. I had to stay home from school today, because I felt so disgusted of my face, and I wouldn’t be able to handle even more uncomfortableness and insecureness than I already did before I started using Mirvaso. I’m SO terribly afraid that the redness won’t go away if I stop using the cream.”

Bingbongnim · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2020

For Rosacea: “Absolute garbage. Used it for maybe a week. First time my redness (which was very mild) completely drained away, to which my fiancé told me I looked really ill. Any time after that it didn’t really make much of a difference. That was until yesterday afternoon when I went as red as a postbox, and it has not died down since. My face is burning hot, redder than it has ever been...I’ve tried all I can think of but it’s not going anywhere. I have a pot of sudocream next to me which I’m just reapplying constantly. Even an ice cold shower didn’t help. I am so angry that I was stupid enough to use this, and am utterly terrified that it might never go away. I’ve ruined my face. Do not ever use this monstrous product.”

Nick Nameus · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 23, 2014

For Rosacea: “Medicine works for me for about 4 hours. I was experiencing terrible rebound redness after that, however (which gets much worse when using Mirvaso multiple days in a row). What I've found, similar to others on this list, is that by using a very small amount (about half of what's recommended) and applying it along with sunscreen or moisturizer, I'll get most of the benefit without the rebound. The other thing that I do is frankly use it infrequently and try not to use it for more than 2 days in a row. So while I'm not getting a constant benefit, it helps when I need it to for public events.”

superredfaceddude · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2014

For Rosacea: “Within a half hour the redness starts to decrease and the flushing in my cheeks and nose disappears. This medicine has been incredibly helpful for my redness and swelling on my face from Rosacea. I wish I could thank the folks at the manufacturing company personally, its made a terrific improvement in my skin. I've been using it in the morning and Metrogel at night and its been a terrific combination. The medication is also non-drying and goes on quickly and is not shiny or oily.”

Rob February 20, 2020

For Rosacea: “Avoid- believe these negative reviews! I used it once and had amazing results- my face looked nearly unflushed! I used it again the next day but 12 hours later I look at my face in the mirror and it looks like I've got second degree burns. It made my rosacea worst and made it appear in places I'd never had it before (the side of my eyes). I took a cold shower and it went down. 36 hours later and my face is tingling, I look like I'm more sunburnt than usual and my face is tingling.”

Stell February 25, 2014

For Rosacea: “My doctor gave me some free samples. I researched it and saw pictures. I also took pictures before & after. I was very impressed. About 1/2 hour after application my face looked normal with no redness. I had forgotten what my face looked like before Rosacea. I couldn't stop looking at my face. I could now see my freckles very clearly. My only question is how does it interact with moisturizers/make-up and if the effect is diminished by others creams used on top of Mirvaso. For now I can say I'm exited about this product and that finally there is something out there that actually makes a difference. Too bad it doesn't last all day.”

Travelling Hopefully February 24, 2020

For Rosacea: “Initially, super impressed. Really seemed to reduce redness. After a couple of days, my skin reacts almost immediately and feels like it is on fire and looks severely burnt where ever the cream has been applied. It looks so bad that I cannot contemplate leaving the house looking like this.”

Val · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 23, 2020

For Rosacea: “The same for me my dermatologist prescribed me Mirvaso the first day I put it in my face it made my face worst plus my face color was not just red it looked purple. It was expensive! It felt like my face was burnt! Do not recommend this product.”

FrancieWebb · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 10, 2014

For Rosacea: “Like others that commented here, I experienced immediate results when I began use of Mirvaso. However, it worked so "well" that one of the physicians I work for asked if I was feeling OK as my skin was so devoid of color. Also like others here, within several weeks of beginning use, suddenly my nose and cheeks would be sunburn-red in the middle of the day. I tried using only a tiny bit, and this seems to have helped with that redness. The main reason I decided to keep going with it is that my pores seem much smaller with use, so I do believe the surface of my skin is less inflamed, even if there is some red kickback once in a while. I like the suggestion of mixing it with a bit of moisturizer...that may help even more.”

Mal · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2020

For Rosacea: “I've had mild facial redness for as long as I remember, but in the past few years its gotten worse. I mentioned it to my dermatologist and he prescribed Mirvaso. I started using this on Saturday morning and noticed when I first woke up before applying it (Sunday) that my redness was much worse than it had been before (it was almost purple on one side of my face). I applied it and it went mostly away. I had discoloration and blotchy red spots but the extreme redness was gone. Used it again Monday, same thing but the redness came back even WORSE by noon. I quit using it and today (Tuesday) I cannot get it under control. I look like I have the worst sunburn of my life. I'm beyond frustrated and I'm afraid it wont go away.”

XxCAxX February 23, 2020

For Rosacea: ““If it seems too good to be true it usually is” Used it once, got rid of the redness completely for about 12 hours, worked amazingly The next day my face felt like it was on fire and the redness was back much worse than before for a very long time Please read the reviews before using this product and think twice before using it. My sample tube of Mirvaso is now in the trash can where it belongs.”

cloud walker · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2020

For Rosacea: “This stuff appeared to work initially though gave my face a bit of a strange pale hue. After 3 days of using it as directed, just like many other reviewers on here, an intense 'rebound' red has come on and it's terrible. My redness is far beyond what my rosacea symptoms were before I tried this. I think it's burned my skin. I will not use it again.”

Mirvaso is evil · Taken for less than 1 month December 25, 2019

“I only used it twice but now have what looks like may be permanent redness (like deep deep redness) on my face. It’s been like this for months. I’ve had to quit school because of the emotional trauma of bullying. I can’t go to work and I hardly ever want to leave my house because of the staring from people. Because of this hideous cream I’ve lost everything. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!! The person who made it is awful l to allow it to still be out there when most of its users have had problems.”

Alex August 26, 2019

For Rosacea: “I am battling papulopustular rosacea and been on doxy for 3 months. Recently new derma suggested Mirvaso. Applied a tiny amount on both cheeks and nose. Within 20-30 minutes saw miraculous results. Amazed, started googling; read your reviews in horror, went to bathroom to wash my face 10 times. So Mirvaso was on my face for an hour. But I reckon that it absorbs fast since you are supposed to wash your hands immediately after applying. After 10 hours I washed my face and It turned much redder than it was to start with. Next day redness somewhat subsided, and had tingling sensation like sunburn. The day after, redness gone, but in places where I applied Mirvaso it looks like skin recovering after sun burn, with one layer gone. It’s much lighter than rest of face in those areas. I read some people had chemical burn from this thing. The danger is that it blocks the blood vessels, so there’s no way for us to know if there’s any irritation immediately. Please don’t try it”

Max1111111111 August 26, 2016

For Rosacea: “Mirvoaso works...even the bad reviews state that it works in the beginning. You HAVE to experiment to find what amount your skin will tolerate. I have been using it for 3 years & I love it. Use it on day 1...if you can still see paleness on day 2 do not add more to your face, wait until the effects have completely gone before using it again. Only use a small amount ( you need to experiment with that as well). Also, another great thing about this ( maybe why I have success with it ) is after 2 hours of applying it, I wash it off because it does not mix well with makeup and I still get the same good results & stay away from redness triggers (sun, alcohol)”

1111 February 27, 2021

For Rosacea: “Do not use this cream! It makes things worse. My face became perfect after I applied the cream. But after a few hours I started feeling terrible burning sensation on my face. And after few more hours I all became red.”

A · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2020

For Rosacea: “I ordered Mirvaso from an online pharmacy thinking it would calm my facial redness in a healthy way, like many websites say. I put on a pea sized amount and within 15 minutes my redness had almost gone, I was very happy and hopeful until my face gradually got paler & started to feel unnatural. I then went online and read reviews on this website and saw the horror stories, I panicked and washed it off after 2 hours, my chest felt very tight and my arms and hands felt shivery, I didn’t know whether I was panicking or if it was the gel but I think it was a mixture of both. It’s the morning after now and my face is redder than it was before which I am really hoping will calm down soon. My advice is to not try Mirvaso at all, but also don’t panic after reading reviews, wash it off & don’t use it again”

AmyRoseyAustralia December 29, 2014

For Rosacea: “I have only used this once so I am not sure about ongoing side effects, but it is absolutely amazing stuff. It made my skin red-free and I felt like I was looking at my face for the first time. It lasted for the evening, then I washed it off. My skin became blotchy and stung a little bit, but this morning it is at its normal redness and not worse. I've been trying cures/remedies for rosacea since I was 19 - I'm so relieved right now, although a little bit wary because I still don't feel like something this good can be true. Looking forward to using it again today! ”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 3, 2017

For Rosacea: “I have mild/moderate rosacea with no bumps. My dermatologist recommended I try a new topical gel called Mirvaso and I started using it every day in January 2014. At first, everything was going awesome. Would reapply when redness/heat would start. Side effects gradually took hold. Rebound redness was 10x worse than originally. My face would randomly flush. It would burn so bad and go completely cherry red. My original problem was nowhere near that bad. Eventually, I got weeping rashy patches all over my face. The gel reduced in effectiveness to the big mess it caused. I finally weaned myself off this vicious cycle in September 2014. Had to walk around looking like a freak. Took forever to return to normal. NOT WORTH IT!”

Roxy · Taken for less than 1 month November 8, 2020

For Rosacea: “A dermatologist prescribed Mirvaso to me for my rosacea and it cost nearly $80 for the tube. I used it for 2 days and my faced swelled up and blistered and I got a rough itchy shocking rash. My faced looked terribly burnt and I stopped using it immediately. I wouldn’t recommend this product to anyone.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2019

For Rosacea: “Do not use Mirvaso for rosacea!! The first time I took Mirvaso, it was a miracle. I felt like I never had rosacea. But each day after it got worse and worse and I began to have flares daily and my face has became more red than before even beginning this medication. The thing is... Mirvaso almost forces you to apply it every day or else the day you don’t apply you look extra red. What once was redness mainly on my cheeks is now extending onto my nose as well. I have decided to stop taking this and I pray that tomorrow won’t be as bad as other’s experiences.”

Pen1988 · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2019

For Rosacea: “Please stay well clear of Mirvaso!! I wish I had read the reviews before using this cream!! I tried for it the first few days and thought it was the best thing.. UNTIL day three I put it on the affected area and all of a sudden my face felt on fire and bright red, it lasted a good few days before the redness died down! I went to bed with ice packs on my face to try and cool it down! There are so many others cream out there which have worked for me, it's just finding the right one! But please please stay away from this one!!”

Tanush January 25, 2015

For Rosacea: “I was prescribed this medicine to help with my Rosacea. Just like others, the initial response was amazing. Face looked pearly white. I used it for about 3 days, mornings only and a tiny drop. All of a sudden, on the 4th day, I'm sitting at work and begin to feel this tingly feeling in two parts of my face. I looked at myself in the mirror and couldn't believe my eyes. The two areas were swelled up ,so bright red it was almost purple! Swelling did not subside until the next day. This medication was very expensive, I will be calling them to try to get my money back. I shouldn't have filled the prescription, I just got so excited when the sample worked, was afraid the pharmacy may take a long time to fill the prescription.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month October 19, 2018

For Rosacea: “My Rosacea has responded wonderfully to a combo of metrogel and doxycycline. At my last dermatology appointment, she gave me a couple samples of mirvaso - she said it would help with the redness. I was willing to give it a try, even though my redness wasn’t that bad anyway. Well....it took me a while to figure out that this cream was WORSENING my redness. I thought, how could a cream that is meant to take away my redness cause it!?? Every day for the past two weeks, I was panicking thinking that my medications weren’t working anymore.......I started breaking out and becoming redder than I have EVER been on this face cream. I also experienced extreme facial stinging and pimples on my nose and forehead. After skipping two days in a row of using this horrible cream, my face is now clear as can be and it doesn’t even look like I have rosacea. HOW IS THIS DRUG ON THE MARKET?? Will be complaining to my derm about it on my next visit.”

catmerlin · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 15, 2019

For Rosacea: “The reviews of this drug nearly scared me away from trying it. I tested this on a small patch of skin for over a week because I was so scared. After a week of not have any ill-effects, I started applying a thin layer to the areas of my face that flush as directed by my dermatologist. I've found Mirvaso significantly reduces the baseline redness I have on a daily basis. If I do encounter a trigger (sunlight or stress) I will still flush, so it's not perfect, but it's better than without Mirvaso. I personally have not encountered any of the terrible side effects or rebound as many have described after using it for several weeks. I'm thankful I tried it, and I encourage anyone hesitant to test it on a small patch of skin for a week or so first before going full force.”