User Reviews for Mirvaso

Rosacea
3.7

Summary of Mirvaso reviews 3.7 111 reviews

Reviews for Mirvaso

For Rosacea "I had red blood vessels on one cheek that were not very pleasing to look at. My Dr gave me Mirvaso samples to try to help reduce the redness. I used this product ONE time, a pea sized amount. I now have 5 bug sized bite chemical burns/blister like on my face. I truly hope these marks go away because my face looks worse than it ever has."

JenC (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

"There is light at the end of the tunnel for those going through rebound. If this helps one person, then it’s worth it. It took me over 2 weeks to largely recover, though I am on meds. Time will depend on many variables, may take longer for some. The volume of rebound stories calls into question drug approval organisations. Something is very wrong here, and should be a priority in the best interests of patients. My dermo no longer prescribes based on the volume of negative stories, yet GPs dish out like confetti. After 1 application of Mivaso woke up what looked like chemical burns on my face, continued for 10 days with little improvement. 5 days after rebound I was prescribed Eumovate which seemed to help. Day 10 I started applying a thick layer of Sudocrem + using a fan. This was the turning point, burning skin, redness + flushing reduced. Day 13 started lymecycline for heat/redness flair ups. It could well just be time. Sudocrem = turning point for me that is. Hope this helps someone."

Regretter UK (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Rosacea "Have been using this for a while. It is somewhat effective . The cost is very expensive. The co-pay is very expensive. The latest bottle has a defective pump and the product does not come out. Both the pharmacy and the insurance company told me to call the manufacturer. The manufacturer will "replace" the product but I will have to pay the very expensive co-pay for the replacement. I am will be out 2 co-pays for one order. Doesn't seem right."

Not Happy (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 10, 2018

For Rosacea "Count me in with the regretters for not reading reviews before trying this gel! It worked wonders the first day. Then each day after that, the effects lasted less and less. I began to notice the rebound redness and heat within the first week. I chalked it up to me exposing myself to something, but as it got worse and worse, I decided I should consult Dr. Google and sure enough, I found others who were experiencing the same thing. I think the worst part is the hope I felt for the first time since being diagnosed with rosacea so many years ago has now been yanked away. I will stick to my hippie ways from now on! Thankfully I never paid for the prescription and only used the samples the dermatologist gave me....which are now in the trash!! DON’T USE THIS GEL!!!"

Hippie (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2018

For Rosacea "I only used Mirvaso once. I applied a pea size amount to my mild rosacea. It did not take long for the medicine to work, although it made the redness go away my skin was very pale and discolored looking. About 10 hours later I had a terrible flare up and my cheeks are more red than they have ever been. I do not recommend this product. It is a waste of money. My facial redness is worse from using this product and has not gone down since I used it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2018

For Rosacea "Not sure how this was FDA approved from the amount of negative reactions I've read on here plus my own negative experience. Made me sickly pale looking then turned into a red looking chemical burn on my cheeks. Will never use again."

Anonymous June 20, 2018

For Rosacea "Like most of you I have a red face. Especially when I go from cold to hot, and when eating food. I decided that I wanted to fix it as it can be embarrassing to go flush red over lunch. So I turned to my doctor and he prescribed me Mirvaso gel. DO NOT EVER EVER TRY THIS. I'd give it a 0 if I could. Even the price of it is disturbing. It does what it says on day 1, my face went all white and I felt great. Day 2 I applied it as the instructions and after a couple of hours my face went into meltdown mode. I got rebound redness, and my face was redder then it has ever been for hours. I stopped the treatment straight away but for weeks after I was still feeling the effects. My face would go burnt red to a point I couldn't leave the house, it was my lowest point. Please do not buy this garbage, it's a scam. It does not work, people like us have sensitive skin and this stuff is so harsh it destroys it. I was going red in places it never went red before."

Tomj June 19, 2018

For Rosacea "It took me several years and several different types of gels to find one that will contain my rosacea. Mirvaso works for me! In fact, at last week's appointment, my dermatologist found improvement! When I asked for a refill, she mentioned that this does NOT work for everyone. She was pleased that it worked for me. I am too! Unfortunately, with my change in insurance, it is no longer covered. I'm going to challenge that but with another insurance change July 1st, I may wait to see what this new company will allow. Any ideas for generic (doesn't seem likes it available yet) or to get this in Canada?"

Red no more (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2018

For Rosacea "I find Mirvaso works great when combined with an OTC hydrocortisone cream. No rebound at all!"

Karen (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2018

For Rosacea "Wish I read the comments on here first. Worked wonderful for the first week, then slowly I had to use more and more to get the same effect. Eventually my face started breaking out in bad rashes and the rebound redness/heat was extreme. After I stopped using this gel (2-3 weeks) my face and eyes were still bright red and felt like they were on fire, also kept breaking out in bad dark red rashes. These nasty side effects lasted for roughly 1-1.5 months before disappearing completely. Strange how this medication worked so wonderfully for <7 days then caused so much distress. I would stay away from this gel!"

Trev (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

For Rosacea "Lifesaver! Here's the secret to applying Mirvaso. Firstly, Mirvaso is NOT meant to be worn everyday. Only occasional use. I only put it on before situations i normally flush or blush. Instructions: Wash face. Put a TINY pea sized amount on your fingertip with pea sized moisturizer on same finger tip. Rub them both into one cheek. Do same for other cheek. Apply regular meds (mine is metrogel) Then apply overall moisturizer. Then any makeup. Soon as you get home, wash/moisturize face. Sooner you wash it off the better. I have done this many times with no rebound effect. Seriously is my favorite drug for my rosacea. It's the only one that stops flushing/ blushing in it's tracks. Just last weekend we were visiting friends and i felt a blush episode coming. I excused myself to the bathroom to apply Mirvaso. 15 minutes later i re-entered with zero reddness. My anxiety went away, and i was relaxed and felt in control and able to enjoy my friends. Thank you Mirvaso!!"

Ashley (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2018

For Rosacea "I have red sensitive skin on my face so my doctor instructed me to use this cream to cure it. It worked at the start, my skin went pale and no adverse reaction. Then after day 3 of using it my skin went on fire. Rebound redness is a thing and it burned my skin for hours on end. I couldn't leave the house for days. Worst cream in the world, does the opposite to what its supposed to do. Please DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON IT."

Tom (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2018

For Rosacea "I wish I would have read these reviews before I put it on my face. My dermatologist gave this to me to use for redness along with a cream for the blemishes which I had already been using for a month with great results. Tonight I used for the first time for some a few lightly red areas. Within 3 hours I went into the bathroom and both my cheeks were entirely covered with a fire red rash. I only used a pea size on my entire face. I immediately washed it off and am now scared about how long this is going to stay or if it is ever gonna go away. Glad that I only had to pay $7 for it with my insurance. WARNING: READ REVIEWS AND DON'T USE. I have been an RN for over 20 years and believe that my dermatologist has no idea about the severity of the reactions...but I will be letting her know and I will never use it again."

mdrayerrn (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2018

For Rosacea "Mirvaso works... at first. I had extremely MILD redness in my T-zone and I thought I'd try something to get rid of it. Although it made my skin look like Snow white during the day, as soon as it wore off (anywhere from 5-8 hours), I got horrendous rebound redness. There were days that it looked like I had a chemical burn on my face. The only discomfort I experienced was the intense heat from my skin during times of flare-ups...which was practically daily. NOTE: I showed my dermatologist pictures of the terrible redness after about 6 months to a year, and she told me: "You just have sensitive capillary beds." Please do not listen to your Dermo if you know your own skin! My skin was not bad before this treatment and after I discontinued it, my skin almost has returned to normal. I no longer get crazy flare-ups when I have a glass of wine, take a hot bath, or lay outside (with a sunhat mind you). This medication is not worth the 400 dollars for 50% of the time whiteness..."

unsatified (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2018

For Rosacea "Ya, it works. For me it lasted about 10-12 hours. But the rebound isn't worth it. My face has never flushed as red or as often as it did after using this just once, and I've broken out in itchy red bumps in all the places I've flushed in. I'm flushing in places I have never flushed or barely ever flush. Rebound is definitely real, and I don't know how the trials for this med didn't find it to be a problem. MAYBE I'll use this for special occasions where I really want to look good for like a day. But I'd have to be a hermit for a week afterward because once it wears off, I look hideous. I don't recommend this drug."

Horroracea (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

For Rosacea "I read all the reviews hopeful I wouldn’t be one of the ones with awful side effects! DO NOT use Mirvaso! The first day it was like a magic cream and the redness was gone for 10 hours. Second day about 6 hours and then my face would be redder than when I applied it. After a week of use I decided to not even use it and my face has been bright red and swollen and I have had a headache all day! My face feels like it is on fire! Nothing I do works to calm it and it is only getting worse not better. I will NEVER use Mirvaso again! Don’t use this awful cream!"

Shudson484 (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2018

For Rosacea "This stuff is almost $500.00! Thought it made my flushing more intense, LIKE A LOT, and I was correct. I stopped using it, then thought, probably just my imagination, so after all winter and regular flushing, mild to moderate, on occasion...Now I look like I've been drinking, fighting and using a treadmill close to a fire. No bueno!"

Casey (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2018

For Rosacea "This drug has changed my life. My nose has extreme flushing and since I started this product a week ago I have not flushed once even after I take a shower at night it seems like the product is still working. I have permanent redness on the side of my nose that comes back after 6 hours but nothing a little concealer can’t hide."

Mike (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2018

For Rosacea "I was told I had very mild rosacea by my dermatologist at the beginning of 2017. I started using this product, and for the first 6 months, it was amazing! I thought I had found a miracle cream. Starting in the fall however, everything went downhill. My face started getting dark red/purple at around noon (about 5 hours after I applied Mirvaso). About a month later, the burning started. My face would get so hot, it felt like it was on fire. I saw a different dermatologist and they told me I probably just had dry skin. This was not the case. It is now February 2018 and I just figured out about 3 days ago that Mirvaso is what has been causing this. It worked for me for so long, so I don't know what caused the side effects to start happening. This is my third day without using it, and I still haven't noticed any difference. My face is still red and burning. I hope this product hasn't cause any permanent damage to my skin. Please do not buy it."

Nicole G. February 13, 2018

For Rosacea "I was worried when I read the reviews but I have not had any bad experiences with this medication. I use it everyday but sparingly. I go through one container in about 4 months. Possibly these users with bad side effects are using too much? This product has changed my life. I highly recommend trying it."

Mjttt February 6, 2018

For Rosacea "This product is a nightmare. The first day, yes, it did reduce redness. The next day, I noticed a red blotchy patches where I had applied the Mirvaso and they haven't gone away for several days. This is not my normal redness, and I am 100% sure it is a direct result of the Mirvaso because the blotches are exactly where I applied it. This product should not even be on the market- it does the exact opposite of what it's supposed to do."

McShe January 23, 2018

For Rosacea "I used it for 3 days straight, worked wonderfully. The rebound redness would come on after about 5 or 6 hours, so I just put on more medicine. Started to have stomach issues, not sure if related but figured I'd stop the treatment to see if that fixed the issue. The rebound redness came back and 3 days later hasn't left. I had very mild rosacea before this, now I look as if I've been sitting near a fire. My face is so red it's almost purple, and it burns like crazy. I feel like my face is several degrees hotter than the rest of my body. I have NEVER had such a red face! I will ever use this stuff again. If you are going to try it, start out using a very very small amount, as maybe I used way too much. As for me, never again!"

Thomas Carter December 6, 2017

For Rosacea "The side effects are no joke. I used it once and three days later I look and feel like I have a terrible wind burn on my face. Does it help initially? Yes, but the rebound is 10X worse than what you started with. I don't even have severe rosacea. Just moderate facial redness. I regret using it."

jen1239 November 20, 2017

For Rosacea "The first few hours were a bliss, what happened afterwards was a horror show. It turned my skin purple and increased my flushing. Not only physically, but psychologically distressing as well, as I was worried I have effectively made my condition worse - luckily the side effects subsided after a month ( yes, a full month ). Do not recommend."

J-LA October 3, 2017

For Rosacea "this product is absolutely not for me. I used a few times, felt faint, sleepy, after using my face was never hotter and worse. Will talk to my doctor tomorrow."

lily-lily September 17, 2017