User Reviews for Mirvaso

Learn more about Mirvaso.

Rosacea 80 reviews 105 medications

3.8
Summary of Mirvaso reviews 80 reviews 3.8

Reviews for Mirvaso

For Rosacea "Tried a sample from my dermatologist. Worked wonders on the redness on one cheek. My insurance doesn't cover it and it is really expensive. If I could buy a 50 gm tube for $200 I would do it ASAP."

southcoastie (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

For Rosacea "I still have flare ups during the day but there are times where my skin is completely free from any redness, especially about an hour after it's applied. It losses its effectiveness after about 6 hrs for me. After the tube is open I've tried to stretch it out past 30 days but it's effective is not as good when the tube is first opened I've found. I remember it taking a few weeks when I first started using it along with a topical cream at night for my skin to start to change. My script ran out and I went without it for a week and I hated not having it. My skin burned and hurt again when I stopped using it for that time. Although it doesn't completely eliminate systems it sure does help and I will not go a day without it."

Melrobin (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 8, 2017

For Rosacea "I was put onthis on and it worked, but afterwards omg I was red, my face was burnt and it looked like I got an allergic reaction because my eye was swollen. My face still looks awful 3 days later. I will never use again..."

Sweetty (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2017

For Rosacea "I've been using this medication for my rosacea and it isn't helping. My face has never looked worse. It's ok when I first put it on but by the end of the day my face is spiralling out of control. Right now I have huge acne blemishes all over my face. I'm making an appt with my doctor this week to try and change it. Very disappointed."

Chitown720 December 20, 2016

For Rosacea "Terrible product that should be avoided! Don't let your dermatologist talk you into this by giving you a small sample tube first. You try it and initially it seems like a miracle rosacea cure. You then have to buy a bigger tube for $80 but it is not a solution to the problem. It starts off working for a full day at a time but after a week or so the rebound flushing is terrible. I was applying at 7.30am in the morning before work but after a couple of weeks the severe rebound flushing was kicking in around 4pm in the afternoon. Face goes severely red for rest of the night. I had to stop using it, stay at home for a few days until it gets out of your system."

Mattddd October 12, 2016

For Rosacea "My doctor prescribed this medication for my type 1 rosacea redness. On day one, it worked really well and I was red-free for 12 hours. I did notice a slight stinging sensation, but nothing too bad. By day two, the stinging had resolved itself and I again had a red free face. My doctor told me to use a very small amount, spread thinly, and this seems to work well. This medication has given me my life back!"

Ihave1horse October 7, 2016

For Rosacea "My husband was given this medication by our dermatologist 6 months ago and he was thrilled to have finally found an answer to his roseacea. The last 3 months have been a living HELL! His skin became bright red & looks almost purple. For weeks his face became crusty and was oozing fluid onto his pillow to the point where I was washing his pillow cases every day. We have been to a variety of specialists who say it's contact dermatitis. He has been on prednisone and antibiotics 3 different times and nothing is helping. For the first month he couldn't sleep because he was in such agony and only an ice pack gave him relief. I plan on calling the FDA hotline, which I found on the Mirvaso website."

Paddle boarding September 21, 2016

For Rosacea "Like many others on this board, I was prescribed mirvoso for moderate rosasea. I used it for maybe a week but it caused very severe rebound flushing (my face was all over magenta, even in areas where the drug was not used) so I discontinued use. Soon there after, I started developing almost cystic-acne like papule began to appear along my cheeks and forehead (where I had never gotten such acne before) and have persisted for the past 6 months. I have learned since that these withdrawl effects, while sometimes temporary, can last for as long as a year or more. In short, this drug greatly damaged my skin and so far I have not found any product or regime either prescription or OTC that can provide relief. Strongly do not recommend."

Cat11 September 12, 2016

For Rosacea "I have been recently diagnosed with Rosasea that makes my cheeks and under my eyes extremely HOT!!!!! I just began using the expensive Mirvaso. It helps sometimes, doesn't last for very long. I'm in terrible discomfort. I'm still in hopes Mirvaso will soon help with my horrible burning sensation that makes life difficult, as a fan on my face constantly is my relief. I'm still going to give it time. Also praying. Please respond if anyone has had the HOT burning sensation."

Hot in NE (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2016

For Rosacea "Mirvoaso works...even the bad reviews state that it works in the beginning. You HAVE to experiment to find what amount your skin will tolerate. I have been using it for 3 years & I love it. Use it on day 1...if you can still see paleness on day 2 do not add more to your face, wait until the effects have completely gone before using it again. Only use a small amount ( you need to experiment with that as well). Also, another great thing about this ( maybe why I have success with it ) is after 2 hours of applying it, I wash it off because it does not mix well with makeup and I still get the same good results & stay away from redness triggers (sun, alcohol)"

Max1111111111 August 26, 2016

For Rosacea "There should be a negative number rating for this product, since it literally made my issue far worse. I have rosacea and experience constant redness, sun-sensitivity, and long-lasting flushes. When initially applied, this product blanched my skin into a sort of blotchy-but-paler-than-usual state for about 12 hours....then all hell broke loose. I woke up in the night with the most intense rebound flushing imaginable. You could probably have used my face to smelt iron. I applied it once more, and then totally gave up. The discomfort was horrific, and to make matters worse, my poor skin was completely out of wack for about a week after; extra flushy, super sensitive, and generally awful. Seems like most people have a similar experience."

CLNA11 August 15, 2016

For Rosacea "I have no idea how the FDA approved this cream. It LITERALLY BURNS AND BLISTERS YOUR FACE. I always make sure I read the side effects on medications and this one explicitly said there were "NO COMMON SIDE EFFECTS" only "RARE SIDE EFFECTS." The cream would work for maybe 5 hours tops before my entire face would start sweating and become increasingly red. At night I would lay in bed with an ice pack on my face because my skin left my sheets burning hot. After a couple weeks I woke up and my face felt scaley and had hundreds of tiny bumps which turned out to be blisters. I literally wanted my old rosacea face back because it looked and felt like I had stuck my face in the sun and shook it around with this medication. Avoid at all costs."

Smaffy (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2016

For Rosacea "Stay away from this medication. The 1st day used, I was impressed, but 2 days later I had a rebound and my face was burning like hell. I waited like 4 days to re-apply and see what happens, but I lost sensation on my lips and they got swollen. Then, after 24 hours the rebound got worse and was like two weeks after my skin stopped burning. I still don't understand how this product was approved by the FDA."

Saraiah June 27, 2016

For Rosacea "This stuff is really bad and makes rosacea worse. I used it for two weeks and it would work for a few hours but then the rebound flushing was horrendous. I haven't used it in 6 months and I'd say that it left permanent damage. The area of my face affected by rosacea has increased and the easiness of flushing has too. This could be a side effect of aging as I've always had rosacea(26 years old now), but I definitely think mirvaso was a catalyst to increasing symptoms."

Wd22345 June 22, 2016

For Rosacea "Horrible rebound flushing/red spots. Do not touch this stuff. It's been one year and redness/ flushing side effects still have not normalized."

mt1111 June 12, 2016

For Rosacea "DO NOT USE! I tried this product for two days. On day three my skin went purple on my cheeks and became very painful, like severe sunburn. I read a report from the company who make the stuff and they said that patients forget what they looked like before which is why they think it is worse! I took before and after pictures and I look like I've been burned! TERRIBLE STUFF! I rarely used to flush and now it won't go away!!!!"

Agro. (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

For Rosacea "I was prescribed mivaso from my dermatologist for rosacea, I suffer from flushing / red face - especially my cheeks. I applied it at night to see how it worked and I was very impressed!! All the redness had disappeared. I continued to use it every day for about a week (only a little bit in the morning before I did my make up) I thought it was a miracle cream, every now and then I would have hot cheeks and redness but I put that down to my rosacea and being flared up by something like coffee.......But then I started having rebound flushing, my face felt like it was on fire, my cheeks were red/purple it was hard to work or function in life. I had never experienced burning and flushing like that before. Stay away from this product!!!"

Dani89888 May 24, 2016

For Rosacea "Awful product! Was prescribed it by my dermatologist who said I had rosacae. Does remove all redness in less than 20 min but face starts flushing hard-core after 10 hours when product stops working. The whole time I used it I thought my rosacae had gotten worse and worse so I applied it daily instead of only iccasionally. Stopped the cream after one month to see what would happen, and in two days my face went back to normal and I don't even have rosacae anymore. Just a reaction to coffee. Bad doctor and bad drug. Stay away!"

Carobou May 18, 2016

For Rosacea "I tried this under doctor recommendation for my combined condition, it turned me white the 1st day. great. 36 hours later I was purple all over my face and still flushing 72 hours later. What am I supposed to do?"

MarkJ12345 May 9, 2016

For Rosacea "HORRIBLE! Paying $50 for this stuff was a waste. Dont waste your time"

Holsen (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

For Rosacea "If this could be marked in the negative I would be marking it as so. My gp gave me a sample as it costs $85 in Aust. I ask what the warnings were on this product and he said I'm not sure but the leaflet should tell you. In my opinion if Drs don't know the basics of what they prescribe or even look it up, then don't prescribe it!!! I used it for nearly a week and then all ofva sudden it felt like my cheeks were on fire and my face went itchy. In the last 24 hours my face which had mild roseaca and pustules, has exploded into a burning, itchy mess. I have been in tears all day andcnow knowing when I put makeup on so I can leave the house burns even more I am devistated. I need to take and pick up my son from school..how can I face people."

Shazld (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2016

For Rosacea "Am a 36 yr old male, Celtic bloodlines both sides and until 9 years ago of suitably pale disposition! Have rosacea for 9 yrs and have been on antibiotics (minocin 50mg) for 8 of them, along with annual IPL therapy. Was off the minocin until last week for a year when my dermatologist put me on 100mg and also prescribed me Mirvaso. I seem to have a reaction to the 100mg with red blotches and spots, so after 3 days I tried the Mirvaso. Used 3 times over 4 days. Worked a dream the first day, but effectiveness wore off. Last 2 days have suffered very very bad rebound flushing, tingling on cheeks followed by burning sensation. Hottest parts of flushing nearly purple. Booked in for IPL today to try and reduce redness/purpleness. Avoid."

BoscoBoy March 11, 2016

For Rosacea "Im 49 and I've had severe rosacea since I was 17, nothing I've tried worked until I was prescribed Mirvaso a year ago. I am so happy this is the medicine that finally works! The only problem is my insurance carrier for some stupid reason considers this 'cosmetic' and won't cover it!"

AZ Runner Lady (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 7, 2016

For Rosacea "I used this as I have had suffered with intense blushing and redness for over 4 years I am 23. Like most the first day was amazing my face was a normal colour ( seemed to good to be true ) over the next few days the rebound flushing was worse than I have ever experienced my face was boiling hot and dark red I had to attend meetings at work it was very hard . Not used it now for 3 days and still suffering from the intense flushing . Please for your sake DO NOT USE IT WILL MAKE IT WORSE"

UK-91 March 5, 2016

For Rosacea "I'm using a small amount applied with a qtip on the red area quite effective. I have a mild case of rosacea due to hormonal changes. I don't use it daily, only when needed and again, sparingly."

Cgskin (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2016