User Reviews for Belladonna / opium

Also known as: B & O Supprettes

Learn more about Belladonna/opium.

Overactive Bladder 5 reviews 22 medications

9.8
Summary of Belladonna/opium reviews 5 reviews 9.8

Reviews for Belladonna/opium

For Overactive Bladder: "This medication worked amazingly. I have a chronic pain condition called "Interstitial Cystitis", also called "Painful Bladder Syndrome", and I take a slow release opiate every 12 hours, and an immediate release opiate medication for breakthrough pain. This medication reduced breakthrough pain instances to around 5% from 40-50% of the time. Unfortunately, it is not FDA approved and my new insurance won't pay for it, which is a huge bummer. One of the benefits was that since it was a suppository, it stayed local and I didn't feel drowsy from taking it. I really wish I could still get it. I made a 30 day -60 suppository prescription last by not taking it at night since I felt my night regimen was working fine and I was asleep."

Cozmikitty (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2016

For Overactive Bladder: "After being in borderline intolerable pain for almost a year from Urethritis, Pelvic Floor Disorder I finally found a Dr. who prescribed these - absolute God send. I was literally at the end of my rope, nothing worked - misdiagnosis from many Dr's. I was hesitant for a minute due to the cost and my lack of funds. Well worth it, inserted at night - woke up with NO pain or spasms, lasted the entire day and into the evening. I ran a few errands and went for a walk around the block for the first time in months. Am taking another this evening - hoping it will break the cycle of pain and spasm enough to get me back to somewhat normal while I tackle pelvic therapy and massage the next few weeks. Highly recommend - very expensive ($350 for 12) and worth every penny!!!"

jooles (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2016

For Overactive Bladder: "Used for a week when I was having problems w/ my bladder. spasming causing trips every time I took a 2-4oz drink, to relieve myself. After a 2 days I saw my PCP and explained I WAS urinating every 15mins, and now I'm could not at all but need to badly, it was PAINFUL. i'd never used a suppository before, didn't figure it'd help and was VERY wary of Scopolomine. But for all the good they REALLY did, may as well have shoved them in my... wait I did :) My urine flow became normal after the 2nd dose, spasms stopped. I could fully empty my bladder and it didn't feel "needed" relieved every 15mins. It helped, immensely. I did NOT wanna cath, I kept a few I didn't need but never had that problem quite like that again. A godsend for the problem!"

Guinea piggie (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2016

B & O Supprettes (belladonna / opium) for Overactive Bladder: "I have been operated on for Bladder cancer. My Doctor tried many pain medications to alleviate the pain from Bladder spasms as a result of the removal of the cancer from my bladder. B&O 16 is the only medicine that gave me relief from the spasms. Thank goodness it was available. I use it only as needed for the spasms, and it is not long term, however it has taken care of the problem and let me recover without the pain."

takitezy August 22, 2011

B & O Supprettes (belladonna / opium) for Overactive Bladder: "I frequently have profound pain and spasms in the recto-sigmoid rectum, as well as the bladder and urethra, all due to the inflammation throughout my entire digestive system. Worst in the esophagus and the sites noted above. My doctor prescribed this medicine since systemic narcotics caused too many side effects and too little relief of pain in the regions noted. The only side-effects were, finally, an ability to sleep, the cessation of nearly-unbearable pain, and ability to urinate. My problem, now, is the drug having been removed from the formulary for Medicare Part D drugs, and the apparent lack of availability of the medication, even if I could pay for it myself."

lakjaw April 25, 2010