User Reviews for Ru-Tuss

Ru-Tuss has an average rating of 10.0 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings on Drugs.com. 100% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 0% reported a negative experience.

Sinus Symptoms
10.0

Sam · Taken for 10 years or more · March 15, 2020

For Sinus Symptoms "Rutuss has worked better than anything I’ve ever used over the years. When I get swollen nasal membranes I end up with fluid in my ears with vertigo. When I felt it coming on I could stop the fluid in my ears in its tracks with Rutuss. Just took it when I had post nasal drainage & ear problem. Nothing else OTC works now. It’s a waste of money. Please bring Ru-Tuss back"

Mouse · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 7, 2019

For Sinus Symptoms "I agree with all of you! I've been suffering for many years with this and it's removed from the market. I wrote FDA asking why they removed rutuss and response the company didn't resubmit it for approval in 2011 :( ;("

Anonymous · November 9, 2011

For Sinus Symptoms "Occasionally, I have itchy, watery eyes and runny nose. I used to take Ru-Tuss tablets long ago, but cannot get it anymore. It is the ONLY medicine that I have ever taken that dries up my running eyes and nose. For the last several years, I have not been able to get it. My physician nor pharmacies can get the drug for some reason."

Anonymous · September 4, 2012

For Sinus Symptoms "I don't understand why this medicine has been taken off the market. For people like us, it was one of the only medicines that was strong enough to help with really bad allergy days. My dad and I took it for years. I recently talked to a doctor about getting more since my supply is finally dwindling and he mentioned something about how this crosses the blood-brain barrier and that's why you get sleepy if you take too much. "

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more · April 28, 2012

For Sinus Symptoms "I used to use this, only thing I could use to help my sinus drainage and the itchy watery eyes. Really helped my inner ear symptoms by drying up the sinus drainage but the pharmacy can't obtain it anymore switched me to Q-Tuss which is similar but then switched me to Sta-hist which was also similar. Now all 3 are nowhere to be found and I can't get any relief for my symptoms with the other meds they recommend."

Needmorepoppins · March 22, 2016

For Sinus Symptoms "Loved this drug. If it is so effective and now hard to find and much sought after then please bring it back in its original potency. Everything in the drug store for sinus DOES NOT WORK. I've been wasting a lot of money on products that don't work. Bring back what does work as needing a prescription PLUS patient must have a documented chronic sinus condition"

Anonymous · December 30, 2010

For Sinus Symptoms "This is the only medication that helps my runny nose and eyes. I have a prescription but cannot find the medicine. Pharmacy does not have any and say they can not find out where to obtain it."

More about Ru-Tuss (atropine / chlorpheniramine / hyoscyamine / pseudoephedrine / scopolamine)