User Reviews for Abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine

Also known as: Triumeq

Abacavir/dolutegravir/lamivudine Rating Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 124 medications used in the treatment of HIV Infection.

Reviews for Abacavir/dolutegravir/lamivudine to treat HIV Infection

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "I have had HIV since 2008. On my first medicine which was Atripla I could not sleep, I had headaches and crazy dreams. Dr. prescribed me Triumeq which I have no side effects from. My only problem now is the cost of Triumeq I will be going on Medicare Part D in January 2019 my cost will be about $700.00 per month. I'll be broke in about four years."

Bailey (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 22, 2018

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "I was diagnosed with full-blown AIDS 25 years ago I was taking trezaver then atripla 15 years then I got sick last year I was told that I only have a year to live I get boils all over my body about the size of a baseball. Doctor switched me to triumeq I was hesitated to take it I just opened the bottle after a month I've been taking it now for three days, no side effects yet had a few headaches but that's about all. Please pray for me I have a wife and a family"

Castle1973 (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2018

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "I was the first reviewer and also posted an update in 2016, thought I would take a second and give an update. I’m still on Triumeq and still highly recommend this drug. After switching in 2014 (literally the day the drug was approved), I still have no side effects. It’s been great. Best wishes everyone."

1st poster again (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 8, 2018

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "I have been HIV positive for 14 years. At first I was on Atripla. It kept me undetectable and a high CD4 (between 600-900). The main side effect that I had was very vivid, disturbing dreams. So my doctor decided to switch me to Triumeq 4 years ago. I love it. Same high CD4 and undetectable. And I experience no side effects whatsoever. Very thankful for this drug."

Luke73 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 27, 2018

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "I have been on Triumeq for almost 2 years. Viral load and CD4 are great. However, I have gained almost 25 pounds....all in gut, back, chest and starting to develop a small buffalo hump. Nothing in diet or workout regimen has changed. I have gone from a medium T-shirt to a X-Large. 33 size pants to 35 waist. 42 jacket to 44 jacket. 16 collar to a 17-1/2 collar. Not happy with this at all. I am seeing more and more reports of this with Triumeq users online now."

Taurus (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2018

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "I had postponed treatment for around 7 years but now have started. In my recent test my numbers were low (290 CD4) and my VL was about 16k. This medication is amazing. So far I had no side effect whatsoever and I think a large part of the negative feedback people share could be shaped by their own apprehensions and worries. Best of all it's easy to take. I am undetectable 4 weeks into treatment. I also feel that I have better energy and my constant worry about what the virus is doing to my body seems to have subsided for now. Highly recommend"

Billy (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2018

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "So I hate to be "that" person, but I guess I am. Was on Genvoya/Stribild since 7/2016 with no issues whatsoever other than elevated cholesterol. Dr. decided to change me to Triumeq, which I took for 14 days. I have not been right at all for two weeks. Extreme headrush (like a combo drunk/stoned feeling), anxious, no energy, itchy everywhere. Just feel awful after taking it. We chatted today, going back on Genvoya and cannot wait to go pick it up. Don't let this scare you, everybody will find their med. that works w/o any side effects. For me, that is not Triumeq."

PDX (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "Recently started taking Triumeq almost 4 weeks ago. Use to be on the sustiva and combvr cocktail for about 5 years. Always hated taking sustiva made me feel extremely groggy, terrible dreams and so I took it upon myself to stop taking it. Went on a 3 year hiatus. Needed a break from all of it including doctor visits.(terrible idea) fell victim to pneumonia in February and ID dr put me on Triumeq. So far it’s been amazing. 1st night my head became very tingly and I felt real shaky but after that it’s been amazing. No side effects and I’ve started gaining my weight back again. Did lab work yesterday so hopefully my cd4 has gone up. My cd4 was a 12 last test. Good luck to all of you and remember you aren’t alone in this fight."

Joe March 29, 2018

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "I was diagnosed in February of 2016. My viral load was 180,000 and my cell count was 157. I had not been sick, but I feel I was on the verge. I had experienced some trouble with thrush, but that was the worst at that point. My doctor started me on Triumeq within a week of my diagnosis. I had absolutely no side effect other than my face itching! It was strange. My doc seemed to think it might have been my immune system revving up and doing a number on my Rosacea. It is better, by the way. Within four months I was basically undetectable at 95 na d my viral load down to 375. At last check in October of '17, I was completely undetectable and my cell count up to 567. I am so very pleased. Other than the face itching, which has long since stopped, I have had not a single side effect. I do wish my cell count would go up faster, but I am so thankful that I have no side effects that I can't bring myself to complain!"

Shanks (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 11, 2018

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "I found out October 2nd that I was HIV positive. Felt so unhealthy and caught it so fast. Losing weight, loss of appetite, having a really hard time sleeping when you’d always get those heat flash or waking up so hot. It was horrible in my experience. It took me a month to get this medication which is triumeq. The first medication my doctor had told me about and said it was the best one out there. I couldn’t agree more. I’ve been one this medication going on 3 months now and my counts went from 150/500 to over 240/500 within a month. I’m doing way better. I’m way healthier. Even though I don’t like the tiredness and a frequently headache. But I’m telling you this medication works really great. I’ve never felt so much better and felt so much changed since I’ve been on triumeq. I should be undetectable by my next appointment I go to in a month. I couldn’t be more grateful for this medication that could help us all through this situation."

Allenblack_97 February 10, 2018

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "I was diagnosed a few days before Christmas in 2017. I was going to be put on Atripla but after hearing horror stories I asked for an alternative, after a quick blood test for a gene I was put on Triumeq and after a matter of weeks my viral load went from the hundreds-of-thousands to undetectable and my CD4 has risen ever since, I’m now at 555. I wasn’t sure if I was prescribed Triumeq or a horse tranquilliser at first but even though they are quite big it’s still easier to swallow than some paracetamols. Overall I would rate this 10/10 and the side-effects seem to be nonexistent! I know everyone is different but I do strongly suggest to anyone who is unhappy with their current medications to ask about Triumeq because for me, it’s working wonders!"

Hazzatron February 9, 2018

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "I was diagnosed December 2018 this is my first day taking the medication. I’m gonna update my phone progress. A little scared as I'm 3 months pregnant and don’t want my unborn to contract the virus."

Stay-positive January 30, 2018

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "I was diagnosed December 2016 with a high viral load (I don’t remember exact numbers anymore) and a cd4 count of 201. I went on Triumeq the day my diagnosis was confirmed. The first 4 weeks on this were absolutely terrible. I could not sleep, had crazy mood swings and was overall not enjoying anything. (Perhaps it also had to do with the news of this life changing diagnosis) but at my 1 month check up I was undetectable and my cd4 had doubled to 440 making all the sleepless nights completely worth it. A year later I have continued to be undetectable and have little side effects. Sometimes my foot goes numb, and my arms and legs fall asleep easily. I do occasionally have night terrors and very vivid dreams, but as a horror movie buff they don’t bother me. In my opinion this medication is amazing and one of the best out there."

User73937292 January 28, 2018

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "I have been on Triumeq for over a year now and my viral load went from hundreds of thousands to undetectable. My immune system went from 300 to almost 600 now. I did have appendicitis and had to remove my appendix since beginning this regimen but don't know if its related. I am obese weight at 230lbs an triglycerides are now high and blood pressure too. I'm trying to lower these through change of diet and exercise. Have been experiencing burning sensations in my right big toe and foot pain periodically. Don't know if related to the drug. Cutting back on processed meats and red meats now hence they cause more inflammation. This helps tremendously as well as cardio exercise and plenty of water cutting out sodas now too."

Eriii76 December 12, 2017

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "Had horrible sleep problems two weeks after , and then a few weeks later started getting rash. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone trust me, you do not sleep while on this drug. I switched to epivir and tivicay and have had NO issues at all."

Jjsurf October 28, 2017

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "Diagnosed back in 2008. Have been on Atripla for about 10 years and just switched to Triumeq this week. No major side effects whatsoever and best of all I love waking up not feeling groggy or drowsy; also no weird crazy dreams! So far any side effects have been extremely minimal to none. I look forward to this new medication which is reported to be less toxic and based on my own experience would recommend you consider making the switch."

Contributor2017 (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "August 8th 2017 tested positive. Viral load 10,109 cd4 512 Started meds August 27th 2017 Retested September 28th 2017 And viral load is 49 and cd4 865 I had a few minor headaches and I now take my meds with or without food with no problems. I take my meds in the morning at my first break 10 am. Thanks to this site I was nervous at first read all the reviews and they helped me and knowing what to expect. So thought I would return the favor."

Mick34 (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2017

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "Was diagnosed 8/12/17, began treatment 9/25. I was super pumped. Initially had a slight rash and my thumb didn’t work, got too stiff to move two times for like a minute. Second day I felt great. High energy. Stayed up late. Yesterday I felt like butt all day. Sore. Stomach hurt. Especially when I swallowed food or drink. Today wasn’t a whole lot better. At least yesterday I could eat. I’ve taken 7 Advil over quite a long and now I can feel the crappiness coming back on. Called my ID specialist and she told me to stop taking it and come in tomorrow morning. I’m disappointed. But I gotta get healthy. My Cd4 counts are 9 and viral load is is 181,000. I just want to get better."

Newdude (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "I discovered my new status in July 2017 VL 94K and CD4 126. After 4 weeks I had blood work again and I got an awesome results VL 85 and CD4 360. Hopefully I will be undetectable in my next check. I haven't gotten any symptoms like nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headaches etc. This medicine has been working greatly into my body."

Newest (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2017

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "Infected HIV in February, diagnosed March through my own choice/fear/indecision started Triumeq 2 weeks ago. I have had a very positive experience so far. I have had minor side effects, slight headaches, a little dizzy spell, what feels like mucus on chest but nothing frightening apart from the one dizzy spell. I do feel better overall than I did, no more sore throat and I feel like I have more energy, though I am tired in the evenings and I sleep well. I feel my appetite has increased so am being conscious to exercise every day. I take the Triumeq pill in the morning half way through breakfast, I eat oat porridge for breakfast, eat half and then swallow Triumeq with a large glass of water, then finish porridge. No nausea/indigestion."

ExiledBrit (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "I switched to this med because my last med put me in a horrible fog (Atripla) . Triumeq is working for me but it gives me pretty bad body aches especially in my lower back where my kidney area is and around my under arms. If I have an alternative I will switch. It makes me feel pretty crappy"

Regular guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2017

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "Diagnosed in Feb of 2015 and tried 2 other drugs. The last 2 causes so much nausea and vomiting that I couldn't take it. Also, it was messing up my liver. My doctor put me on this and I've had little to no side effects. I have nausea but that's only if I take it on a empty stomach and it only last for about 20 minutes. I'm undetectable now and my CD4 count came from 14 to 376 the last time I checked last year. I'm going back in September to check my progress. This drug saved my life. I was basically on my deathbed before this drug."

Ro29 July 22, 2017

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "Terrible heartburn and intergestion. Easy to take, but went back to sustiva and combivir because of heartburn."

Pilot 8 June 18, 2017

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "I was born with HIV my birth mother transfer it & had it all my life. Never taken medicine my immune system dropped drastically I got a thrush in my mouth and my skin started to break out really bad. I've been on triumeq for 3 days and I must say I think I'm only taking this medicine with food. Geez the nausea has been tough and a Lil lost of appetite I did have to use antifungals as well due to the thrush but hoping it does gets better. I'm excited for this journey, it's encouraging to read other stories... "

Lazypuentes (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2017

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine): "Was diagnosed in 2002, but started taking truvada and isentress in 2010 before being put on triumeq. CD4 count was 700 and VL was undetectable. My doctor switched me over and boy the side effects are horrible. I had stomach aches every day but as I take this medicine they go away. I'm still undetectable but I want my CD4 count to rise in the 1000's. I love that it is only one pill a day. I will get checked again in August to see the progress. My numbers have never dropped. Will post in August."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2017