User Reviews for Abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine

Also known as: Triumeq

Learn more about Abacavir/dolutegravir/lamivudine.

HIV Infection 67 reviews 72 medications

8.6
Summary of Abacavir/dolutegravir/lamivudine reviews 67 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Abacavir/dolutegravir/lamivudine

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I was diagnosed in January 2011. My own immune system was able to manage my HIV for a couple years, but my health started to fail in 2013. I started with Atripla, and I'm still recovering from the extremely vivid nightmares I experienced. I switched to a couple different combinations of drugs, but I couldn't adhere to the dosing schedules. Triumeq has been a godsend. One pill a day, and no nightmares. The only side effects I've experienced are upset stomach, weakness, and headaches. I had one very bad spell where I nearly lost control of my motor functions and I fell in the bathroom and couldn't get back up for a short period of time. Otherwise, my CD count has been stable at ~800, and I've been undetectable since 2013."

Joe in Colorado (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "This medicine worked very well for me within a month of taking it I became undetectable!! I had no major side effects. I do however get head aches every once and awhile but nothing I can't deal with.I currently crush mine and put it in yogurt so I'm still getting used to the taste...yuck..but its not that bad."

Zippyzap (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "Newly diagnosed and Triumeq is the only medication I've ever experienced. Just got results after taking it for 6 weeks. CD4 is just over 1,000. That's up from 764. My viral load is down from 33K to 26K. So far so good. I'm hoping to be undetectable in 3-4 months like I been reading in people's comments. I've had no apparent side effects until very recently I seem to have some jaw tightening and stiffness. But no headaches and I sleep well. I also been really gassy and I MUST EAT when I take it. But I'm a happy camper overall."

Darpo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I was diagnosed in Feb 2014. My doctor did some sort of genes/DNA test to see which drug was compatible for my body. Triumeq was the best option suited for me. Must admit. At first. It was hard. The first month was as expected. Feeling sick and nausea. Felt like I had to eat when I took my pill. But once into the 2nd month. Things improved. The longer time went on. The less I felt any side affects. It took me 4 months to be undetected. By this time I felt myself again. Now. In 2017. I can take it my meds with or without food. At any time. Sometimes I will take my meds with wine or on a complete empty stomach and feel nothing. I can still take my meds and have no side effect"

Alex UK (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 28, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I have been HIV Positve for about 32 years. The last cocktail I was taking for about 8 years was Epzicom and Combivir . A year ago I changed my regimen to Triumeq . Initially, the side effects I experienced were sleeplessness, nausea and stomach gas, these symptoms lasted for about 3 months. Due to the sleeplessness, started taking the medication in the mornings instead of the evenings. The first positive thing I noticed was that my skin became more hydrated and I had less skin eruptions. After one year on the medication I feel very normal , I continue to workout 3 times a week and my energy level is high. My Viral Load remains undetectable and my CD4 went from 800 to 1,150 . I am very happy that I made the switch to Triumeq ."

HIV Suvivor February 24, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I take truimeq 600mg/50mg/300mg just had test shows that back being detectable again. I don't understand why I take on time every night, any ideas why. thanks"

larrysh February 19, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "Diagnosed 5 years ago been on truvada and isentress with no problems at all!! Doctor wanted to switch me to this because it's a lot easier (1 pill once a day). Been on this for the past week and have had horrible side effects. Dizzy, no sleep, nauseous, and body/ joint pain. Switching back to my old medication tomorrow. Goodbye triumeq!!!"

Scotty25 February 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "My physician put me on Triumeq about 12 months ago. I had been on other anti-viral medications that were not effective in controlling viral load, and CD 4 counts. I began taking Triumeq and no side effects whatsoever, with the exception of mild fatique. I also have type 2 diabetes & cardio vascular disease. I am 65 years old, and enjoy a healthy life style, thanks to this medication. I strongly urge anyone to discuss this option with their health professional."

APJM February 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I was diagnosed in Oct 16 didn't start treatment until Jan 17, take it at night time, do have disturbed sleep but nothing and afternoon nap can't catch you back up with. It says you can have with it or without food -I found having empty stomach made me feel sick but was too late once you took it as couldn't eat anything after from feeling ill. Not sure about how effective it is and not had a check up"

Jas87 (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "This is my second input / review ....I was diagnosed in October of 2015 with a viral load of over 10 million ...yes that's right over 10,000,000.....My cd was below 500 ....I've now been taking TRIUMEQ for approx 14 months I reached undetectable after 3-4 months and I still remain undetectable after 14 months and my CD was 690 last dr appt ......I'll say it again TRIUMEQ is saving my life :)"

Adam79 January 16, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I was on Triumeq since Sept 2016 . Everything was fine, till I developed type two diabetes and doctor said one of the component of the medication can increase the blood glucose in your body. So now have switch me to Genvoya."

Abdoul (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 23, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I was having horrible headaches. It took me a week to figure it out but it appears that peanuts are have a negative reaction to these meds. It took a day of not eating peanuts now headaches are long gone."

PR036952 (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "Wow been on this drug over one week, trust me you do not sleep, at night, tired very very stressed and frightful thaught's nervous, cannot focus, if you have any mild type of stress do not take this drug, as I CAN SAY it might be 1 a day drug, but you will end up taking more drugs like pain killers more drugs for stress, and for me NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I USE THIS DRUG, 0/10"

NICK 20 November 25, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I was the first reviewer back in Oct 2014 and did an annual review last year. I've now been in triumeq for 2 years after 2 years in atripla. Back in 2014, I had been waiting for trial to be released after reading all the great trial results with minimal side effects. After 2 years, triumeq remains awesome. I have no side effects and have maintained an undetectable VL for 4 straight years. HIV has not slowed me down a bit thanks to this great medication (I'm a competitive athlete). I was worried at first about cardiovascular issues. I've run countless races, including a iron man distance, while in this drug. I'm extremely happy with this med."

2nd Follow-up from 1st post October 31, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "Started treatment in July 2016 after being diagnosed. Went from a viral load of 75,000 to undetectable in 4 months."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "Handable headaches at first but disappeared after a few weeks. Went from 33.000 to < 20 within a month."

pablodiscobar (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "After taking complera for 5 years, switched to triumec a lil over a month ago. Right after the first month, Viral load undetectable and T-cell count unknown. Doctor did not check my T- cell count; i did not like that. The side effects are terrible, my heart beat fast, red face, high irritability, jaw stiffness/pain, aweful headache, insomnia. In general feeling highly intoxicated. Can't deal with it."

Mr.Tropical October 7, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "No side effects. Reached undetectable in less than 3 months (never been treated for HIV / new ART treatment)."

Dave in AZ September 26, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "Ok I was on Atripla for years it works but with bad nightmares and not feeling rested- switched to Complara loved it- no side effects felt great. Nurse Practitioner said after a couple years it was building toxicity in my kidneys.. Not sure if that was true but we switch to Odefsy - almost immediately started having toxicity side effects.. Nurse blew off my concerns and complaints of pain, headache , dizzy, tired, no concentration etc So I got rid of her and went to a doctor now I'm trying Triumeq.. It's ok I think I'm adjusting to it, initially it made me tired, I do sleep later now and am a bit slower getting going in the morning which I don't like.. I do feel a bit hot at night after taking it.. again I think I'm adjusting may take in AM"

Live for the day September 10, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I started taking Triumeq almost two years after my diagnosis, I gave the drug a 9/10, as Ive never taken another. I started on the medicine after months of being sick and immunity loss. My viral load was rising and my cd4 was falling fast due to lifestyle choices. Getting on this medicine was a hard decision, but one I would make again, and this time I'd do it sooner. Within no time I was undetectable and my immunity doubled. My Dr told me it wouldn't work as quick as it did, so we were both pleasantly surprised on my numbers. It has now been a year, still undetectable and now 9 months pregnant with a healthy baby boy. I would recommend this drug to anyone with HIV who is offered it by their doctor. My side effects include upset stomach."

SofiaDelgado (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "This medication is potent with minimal side effects. Went from 100,000 viral load to 80 in 3 weeks and now I'm undetectable at month 4 and my cd4 have increased from 333 to 599."

Djpeace August 31, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "ok...its been 30 days and all is well....yes, ive had some ups and downs...anxiety attacks, fever, insomnia, stomach & headaches...but over all i feel great....ive learned that taking my meds earlier than bedtime is better for me & also that the side effects seem to be nonexistent when im well hydrated.......(*DRINK PLENTY OF WATER....)"

NURSEVAMP (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For HIV Infection: "Was diagnosed on June 28, 2016. Stated taking Triumeq on July 29th. Side effects I experience, EXTREME Fatigue and moderate Depression. I'm literally tired like before i go to bed up until afternoon of the next day. I feel depressed after I take my daily dosage and usually last all day. Before I started taking the medication, my VL was 20,000 and CD4 was 434. I'm just waiting for my next checkup to see what my VL and CD4 is."

Anonymous August 15, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "its been 11 days since i started triumeq.....word of advice:..u MUST eat & eat well with this med(3 square meals...) & drink PLENTY of water!!!"

NURSEVAMP August 13, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I started on triumeq august 1,2016....on the second day I had a bad headache & a terrible stomach ache( both were relieved by motrin & fresh ginger tea). Now, I must admit I feel better than I've felt in months!! :-) . Even tho a side effect of the med is loss of appetite, lately I've been ravenous..eating more than I ever have, which is wonderful for me because I had loss a lot of weight lately & it showed..."

NURSEVAMP (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2016