User Reviews for Abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine

Also known as: Triumeq

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Abacavir/dolutegravir/lamivudine.

HIV Infection
8.4

Summary of Abacavir/dolutegravir/lamivudine reviews 8.4 79 reviews

Reviews for Abacavir/dolutegravir/lamivudine

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "Had horrible sleep problems two weeks after , and then a few weeks later started getting rash. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone trust me, you do not sleep while on this drug. I switched to epivir and tivicay and have had NO issues at all."

Jjsurf October 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "Diagnosed back in 2008. Have been on Atripla for about 10 years and just switched to Triumeq this week. No major side effects whatsoever and best of all I love waking up not feeling groggy or drowsy; also no weird crazy dreams! So far any side effects have been extremely minimal to none. I look forward to this new medication which is reported to be less toxic and based on my own experience would recommend you consider making the switch."

Contributor2017 (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "August 8th 2017 tested positive. Viral load 10,109 cd4 512 Started meds August 27th 2017 Retested September 28th 2017 And viral load is 49 and cd4 865 I had a few minor headaches and I now take my meds with or without food with no problems. I take my meds in the morning at my first break 10 am. Thanks to this site I was nervous at first read all the reviews and they helped me and knowing what to expect. So thought I would return the favor."

Mick34 (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "Was diagnosed 8/12/17, began treatment 9/25. I was super pumped. Initially had a slight rash and my thumb didn’t work, got too stiff to move two times for like a minute. Second day I felt great. High energy. Stayed up late. Yesterday I felt like butt all day. Sore. Stomach hurt. Especially when I swallowed food or drink. Today wasn’t a whole lot better. At least yesterday I could eat. I’ve taken 7 Advil over quite a long and now I can feel the crappiness coming back on. Called my ID specialist and she told me to stop taking it and come in tomorrow morning. I’m disappointed. But I gotta get healthy. My Cd4 counts are 9 and viral load is is 181,000. I just want to get better."

Newdude (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I discovered my new status in July 2017 VL 94K and CD4 126. After 4 weeks I had blood work again and I got an awesome results VL 85 and CD4 360. Hopefully I will be undetectable in my next check. I haven't gotten any symptoms like nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, headaches etc. This medicine has been working greatly into my body."

Newest (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "Infected HIV in February, diagnosed March through my own choice/fear/indecision started Triumeq 2 weeks ago. I have had a very positive experience so far. I have had minor side effects, slight headaches, a little dizzy spell, what feels like mucus on chest but nothing frightening apart from the one dizzy spell. I do feel better overall than I did, no more sore throat and I feel like I have more energy, though I am tired in the evenings and I sleep well. I feel my appetite has increased so am being conscious to exercise every day. I take the Triumeq pill in the morning half way through breakfast, I eat oat porridge for breakfast, eat half and then swallow Triumeq with a large glass of water, then finish porridge. No nausea/indigestion."

ExiledBrit (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I switched to this med because my last med put me in a horrible fog (Atripla) . Triumeq is working for me but it gives me pretty bad body aches especially in my lower back where my kidney area is and around my under arms. If I have an alternative I will switch. It makes me feel pretty crappy"

Regular guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "Diagnosed in Feb of 2015 and tried 2 other drugs. The last 2 causes so much nausea and vomiting that I couldn't take it. Also, it was messing up my liver. My doctor put me on this and I've had little to no side effects. I have nausea but that's only if I take it on a empty stomach and it only last for about 20 minutes. I'm undetectable now and my CD4 count came from 14 to 376 the last time I checked last year. I'm going back in September to check my progress. This drug saved my life. I was basically on my deathbed before this drug."

Ro29 July 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "Terrible heartburn and intergestion. Easy to take, but went back to sustiva and combivir because of heartburn."

Pilot 8 June 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I was born with HIV my birth mother transfer it & had it all my life. Never taken medicine my immune system dropped drastically I got a thrush in my mouth and my skin started to break out really bad. I've been on triumeq for 3 days and I must say I think I'm only taking this medicine with food. Geez the nausea has been tough and a Lil lost of appetite I did have to use antifungals as well due to the thrush but hoping it does gets better. I'm excited for this journey, it's encouraging to read other stories... "

Lazypuentes (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "Was diagnosed in 2002, but started taking truvada and isentress in 2010 before being put on triumeq. CD4 count was 700 and VL was undetectable. My doctor switched me over and boy the side effects are horrible. I had stomach aches every day but as I take this medicine they go away. I'm still undetectable but I want my CD4 count to rise in the 1000's. I love that it is only one pill a day. I will get checked again in August to see the progress. My numbers have never dropped. Will post in August."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I tested positive for HIV in January this year and started treatment with Triumeq at the end of February with CD4 < 150 and VL 66,000. On 26 March I had bloodwork again, with CD4 = 415 and VL < 40. I think the results speak for themselves, this drug is like a nuke. Zero side effects except for general malaise and fatigue during the first couple of days - which I however attribute to Immune Reconstitution Syndrome. Unless you are hypersensitive to abacavir, I believe there is scarcely anything better on the market at the moment."

PNNN (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I was diagnosed in January 2011. My own immune system was able to manage my HIV for a couple years, but my health started to fail in 2013. I started with Atripla, and I'm still recovering from the extremely vivid nightmares I experienced. I switched to a couple different combinations of drugs, but I couldn't adhere to the dosing schedules. Triumeq has been a godsend. One pill a day, and no nightmares. The only side effects I've experienced are upset stomach, weakness, and headaches. I had one very bad spell where I nearly lost control of my motor functions and I fell in the bathroom and couldn't get back up for a short period of time. Otherwise, my CD count has been stable at ~800, and I've been undetectable since 2013."

Joe in Colorado (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "This medicine worked very well for me within a month of taking it I became undetectable!! I had no major side effects. I do however get head aches every once and awhile but nothing I can't deal with.I currently crush mine and put it in yogurt so I'm still getting used to the taste...yuck..but its not that bad."

Zippyzap (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "Newly diagnosed and Triumeq is the only medication I've ever experienced. Just got results after taking it for 6 weeks. CD4 is just over 1,000. That's up from 764. My viral load is down from 33K to 26K. So far so good. I'm hoping to be undetectable in 3-4 months like I been reading in people's comments. I've had no apparent side effects until very recently I seem to have some jaw tightening and stiffness. But no headaches and I sleep well. I also been really gassy and I MUST EAT when I take it. But I'm a happy camper overall."

Darpo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I was diagnosed in Feb 2014. My doctor did some sort of genes/DNA test to see which drug was compatible for my body. Triumeq was the best option suited for me. Must admit. At first. It was hard. The first month was as expected. Feeling sick and nausea. Felt like I had to eat when I took my pill. But once into the 2nd month. Things improved. The longer time went on. The less I felt any side affects. It took me 4 months to be undetected. By this time I felt myself again. Now. In 2017. I can take it my meds with or without food. At any time. Sometimes I will take my meds with wine or on a complete empty stomach and feel nothing. I can still take my meds and have no side effect"

Alex UK (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I have been HIV Positve for about 32 years. The last cocktail I was taking for about 8 years was Epzicom and Combivir . A year ago I changed my regimen to Triumeq . Initially, the side effects I experienced were sleeplessness, nausea and stomach gas, these symptoms lasted for about 3 months. Due to the sleeplessness, started taking the medication in the mornings instead of the evenings. The first positive thing I noticed was that my skin became more hydrated and I had less skin eruptions. After one year on the medication I feel very normal , I continue to workout 3 times a week and my energy level is high. My Viral Load remains undetectable and my CD4 went from 800 to 1,150 . I am very happy that I made the switch to Triumeq ."

HIV Suvivor February 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I take truimeq 600mg/50mg/300mg just had test shows that back being detectable again. I don't understand why I take on time every night, any ideas why. thanks"

larrysh February 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "Diagnosed 5 years ago been on truvada and isentress with no problems at all!! Doctor wanted to switch me to this because it's a lot easier (1 pill once a day). Been on this for the past week and have had horrible side effects. Dizzy, no sleep, nauseous, and body/ joint pain. Switching back to my old medication tomorrow. Goodbye triumeq!!!"

Scotty25 February 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "My physician put me on Triumeq about 12 months ago. I had been on other anti-viral medications that were not effective in controlling viral load, and CD 4 counts. I began taking Triumeq and no side effects whatsoever, with the exception of mild fatique. I also have type 2 diabetes & cardio vascular disease. I am 65 years old, and enjoy a healthy life style, thanks to this medication. I strongly urge anyone to discuss this option with their health professional."

APJM February 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I was diagnosed in Oct 16 didn't start treatment until Jan 17, take it at night time, do have disturbed sleep but nothing and afternoon nap can't catch you back up with. It says you can have with it or without food -I found having empty stomach made me feel sick but was too late once you took it as couldn't eat anything after from feeling ill. Not sure about how effective it is and not had a check up"

Jas87 (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "This is my second input / review ....I was diagnosed in October of 2015 with a viral load of over 10 million ...yes that's right over 10,000,000.....My cd was below 500 ....I've now been taking TRIUMEQ for approx 14 months I reached undetectable after 3-4 months and I still remain undetectable after 14 months and my CD was 690 last dr appt ......I'll say it again TRIUMEQ is saving my life :)"

Adam79 January 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I was on Triumeq since Sept 2016 . Everything was fine, till I developed type two diabetes and doctor said one of the component of the medication can increase the blood glucose in your body. So now have switch me to Genvoya."

Abdoul (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "I was having horrible headaches. It took me a week to figure it out but it appears that peanuts are have a negative reaction to these meds. It took a day of not eating peanuts now headaches are long gone."

PR036952 (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Triumeq (abacavir / dolutegravir / lamivudine) for HIV Infection: "Wow been on this drug over one week, trust me you do not sleep, at night, tired very very stressed and frightful thaught's nervous, cannot focus, if you have any mild type of stress do not take this drug, as I CAN SAY it might be 1 a day drug, but you will end up taking more drugs like pain killers more drugs for stress, and for me NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I USE THIS DRUG, 0/10"

NICK 20 November 25, 2016