Generic Name: Vitamins (Multiple/Prenatal) (VYE ta mins, MUL ti pul/pree NAY tal)
Brand Name: A-Free Prenatal, Azesco, CitraNatal 90 DHA, CitraNatal Assure, CitraNatal B-Calm, ...show all 83 brand names.CitraNatal Bloom, CitraNatal Bloom DHA, CitraNatal DHA, CitraNatal Harmony, CitraNatal Rx, Concept DHA, Concept OB, Duet, Duet DHA Balanced, Femecal OB, Folcaps Care One, Folet DHA, Folet One, Foltabs Prenatal, Foltabs Prenatal Plus DHA, Gesticare DHA, Infanate Balance, KPN Prenatal, M-Natal Plus, Mini-Prenatal, Multi-Nate 30, NeoNatal Plus, NeoNatal Vitamin, Nestabs ABC, Nexa Plus, Niva-Plus, Néevo DHA, OB Complete Gold, OB Complete One, OB Complete Petite, OB Complete Premier, One A Day Women’s Prenatal, OptiNate, Paire OB Plus DHA, PreCare, PreferaOB + DHA, PreferaOB One, Prena1, Prena1 True, Prenatabs FA, Prenatabs Rx, Prenatal 19, Prenatal One Daily, Prenatal Rx 1, Prenate AM, Prenate DHA, Prenate Elite, Prenate Essential, Prenate Mini, Prenate Pixie, Prenate Star, PreNexa Premier, PrimaCare, Provida DHA, Select-OB, TriCare Prenatal, TriCare Prenatal DHA One, TriStart DHA, VIL-Rx, Vinate Care, Virt Nate, Virt-Advance, Virt-C DHA, Virt-PN DHA, Virt-PN, Virt-Vite GT, VirtPrex, Vitafol Ultra, Vitafol-Nano, Vitafol-OB, Vitafol-OB+DHA, VitaPhil + DHA, Vol-Tab Rx, VP-CH-PNV, VP-Heme OB + DHA, VP-Heme OB, VP-PNV-DHA, Zalvit
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 8, 2020.
- Accidental overdose of drugs that have iron in them is a leading cause of deadly poisoning in children younger than 6 years of age. Keep away from children. If Prenatabs FA (vitamins (multiple/prenatal)) is taken by accident, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
The Prenatabs FA brand name has been discontinued in the U.S. If generic versions of this product have been approved by the FDA, there may be generic equivalents available.
Uses of Prenatabs FA:
- This vitamin is used to aid the diet needs before, during, and after pregnancy.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Prenatabs FA?
- If you are allergic to Prenatabs FA (vitamins (multiple/prenatal)); any part of Prenatabs FA (vitamins (multiple/prenatal)); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have too much iron in your body.
- If you are taking mineral oil.
Products with vitamin A:
- If you are taking acitretin.
Products with omega-3 fatty acids:
- If you are taking a blood thinner.
- If you have bleeding problems.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Prenatabs FA (vitamins (multiple/prenatal)).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Prenatabs FA (vitamins (multiple/prenatal)) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Prenatabs FA?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Prenatabs FA (vitamins (multiple/prenatal)). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your health care providers and lab workers that you take Prenatabs FA (vitamins (multiple/prenatal)).
- If you have phenylketonuria (PKU), talk with your doctor. Some products have phenylalanine.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Prenatabs FA) best taken?
Use Prenatabs FA (vitamins (multiple/prenatal)) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Follow how to take Prenatabs FA (vitamins (multiple/prenatal)) as you have been told by your doctor. Do not use more than you were told to use.
- Some drugs may need to be taken with food or on an empty stomach. For some drugs it does not matter. Check with your pharmacist about how to take Prenatabs FA (vitamins (multiple/prenatal)).
- Take with a full glass of water.
- Do not take antacids within 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking Prenatabs FA (vitamins (multiple/prenatal)).
- Do not take dairy products with Prenatabs FA (vitamins (multiple/prenatal)). Dairy products may make Prenatabs FA (vitamins (multiple/prenatal)) not work as well.
- Follow the diet and workout plan that your doctor told you about.
- This medicine may be chewed or swallowed whole.
- Chew well before swallowing.
- Twist the small end off from the softgel. Squeeze the contents right into your mouth or into juice to drink.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Black, tarry, or bloody stools.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
- Very bad belly pain.
- Throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds.
- Stomach cramps.
What are some other side effects of Prenatabs FA?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Change in color of stool to green.
- Belly pain.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Prenatabs FA?
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from heat and light.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Prenatabs FA (vitamins (multiple/prenatal)), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Prenatabs FA (multivitamin, prenatal)
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- 1 Review
- Drug class: iron products
- FDA Alerts (1)