Muro 128 (Hypertonic)
Generic Name: Sodium Chloride Eye Drops (Hypertonic) (SOE dee um KLOR ide)
Brand Name: Altachlore, Muro 128, Sochlor
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 16, 2020.
Uses of Muro 128:
- It is used to lower swelling.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Muro 128?
- If you have an allergy to sodium chloride or any other part of Muro 128 (sodium chloride eye drops (hypertonic)).
- If you are allergic to Muro 128 (sodium chloride eye drops (hypertonic)); any part of Muro 128 (sodium chloride eye drops (hypertonic)); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Muro 128 (sodium chloride eye drops (hypertonic)).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Muro 128 (sodium chloride eye drops (hypertonic)) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Muro 128?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Muro 128 (sodium chloride eye drops (hypertonic)). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Muro 128 (sodium chloride eye drops (hypertonic)) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
- Use care when driving or doing other tasks that call for clear eyesight.
How is this medicine (Muro 128) best taken?
Use Muro 128 (sodium chloride eye drops (hypertonic)) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- For the eye only.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Take out contact lenses before using Muro 128 (sodium chloride eye drops (hypertonic)). Lenses may be put back in 15 minutes after Muro 128 (sodium chloride eye drops (hypertonic)) is given. Do not put contacts back in if your eyes are irritated or infected.
- Do not touch the container tip to the eye, lid, or other skin.
- Tilt your head back and drop drug into the eye.
- Gently press the skin under the lower eyelid and pull the lower eyelid away from the eye slightly until you can see a small pouch.
- After use, keep your eyes closed. Put pressure on the inside corner of the eye. Do this for 1 to 2 minutes. This keeps the drug in your eye.
- Do not use if the solution is cloudy, leaking, or has particles.
- Do not use if solution changes color.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you use Muro 128 (sodium chloride eye drops (hypertonic)) on a regular basis, use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times Muro 128 (sodium chloride eye drops (hypertonic)) is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Change in eyesight, eye pain, or very bad eye irritation.
What are some other side effects of Muro 128?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Eye irritation.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Muro 128?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Protect from heat.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Muro 128 (sodium chloride eye drops (hypertonic)), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about sodium chloride, hypertonic ophthalmic
- Side Effects
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: miscellaneous ophthalmic agents
- FDA Alerts (1)
- Sodium chloride hypertonic ophthalmic
- Sodium Chloride Eye Drops (Hypertonic)
- Sodium Chloride Eye Ointment (Hypertonic)