My Dr. added 50mg Pristiq 50mg due to the severe depression I couldn't stop. He also added Lamictal 100mg and Abilify 5mg also which I stopped 4 days ago due to the horror stories I read about it. I really need to know if Wellbutrin and Pristiq is a good combination. Thank you for your help.
Hi, Sue! Pristiq, like it's parent drug Effexor, is an SNRI whereas Wellbutrin is classed as an atypical antidepressant because it primarily acts on dopamine, and to a much lesser degree on other neurotransmitters.
The two are an excellent combination as together they *cover more bases*.
As the others have said, you should never stop a psychotropic medication cold turkey or without your doctor's guidance.
I understand why you'd be frightened of Abilify, but it's an excellent add-on drug and is helping millions of people. The problem is that the horror stories you hear about are from the few people who had a bad experience (and no, it does NOT turn your brain to mush). Something to keep in mind is that tens of millions of people are taking Abilify and enjoying a happy, functional life.
Best wishes, WCV
1. are you still taking Wellbutrin 150 per day and Pristiq 50mg per day
2. What time of the day do you take these two
3. do you find it better to take these with food
4. Have you experienced weight gain or weight loss
5. Are you able to sleep at night,
6. is there something you take to help with sleeping at nite
- Abilify Drug Information
- Lamictal Drug Information
- Pristiq Drug Information
- Wellbutrin Drug Information
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 2 Jul 2011 • 4 answers
Posted 21 Jul 2012 • 19 answers
Posted 6 Dec 2014 • 5 answers
Posted 10 Dec 2014 • 2 answers
Posted 3 Dec 2015 • 4 answers