Does Lisinopril or Vytorin cause nightmares?

Crazy Site 30 May 2015

Please, the published information does not exclude the possibility. Lisinopril is widely known to cause nightmares. In commenting, I would like to see some sort of system where individuals posting comments must list their qualifications for making their statements.

dragonmist 14 Nov 2012

I know you posted a month ago but I started lisinopril yesterday and had terrible nightmares last night. Unusual for me. I've been on here looking to see if someone else reported it. The drug info does say it can have unknown neurological effects, but doesn't mention nightmares specifically. I'm going to keep taking it hoping it's a temporary effect, but would sure be interested in hearing from any others with this problem.

peterjacunski 23 Mar 2015

i have been on lisinopril for about 7 weeks, and i have been having the worst nightmares of my life. horrible, bloody, terrifying things.

i think there is an effect here, and maybe it only hits a small percentage of us.

i am actually going to be changing to a different med soon. not sure which one yet, but i suggest you try the same.

pruittwj 11 days ago

I took Lisinopril 20mg with 12.5mg of HCTZ and had nightmares from the beginning. After twelve days I said no more of this and quit. My PCP then recommended 12.5 HCTZ alone and the nightmares stopped two nights later. If you are on this try to get off it ASAP. Good luck to you if your taking this.

southerngirl53 8 Jan 2013

My 86 yr. old mother has recently been taking Lisinopril for only about a week and she called to tell me this morning she had a horrible nightmare where her bp was 213/97 and it really scared her, her heart was racing when she awoke and didn't know what was happening to her..so I looked up the name of this new medicine and I have read where others have had nightmares from taking this, I understand it is an ace inhibitor used to control blood pressure. I would advise taking to her doctor about this.

Drnotadr 27 Oct 2016

I started lisinopril (2.5mg) today. I had my first nightmare in years (more than 5 years the time before that another 3 or 4 years.) and when I awoke for about 10 seconds I swore someone was standing over my bed. There obviously wasn't anything, it was part of the fear. But that's the first time that's happened since I was in my early teens. Now in my Mid-late 20s.

I couldn't measure my BP at the time but my Heart rate was very elevated due to the fear.

Srr1111 27 Oct 2016

Neither are reported to based on studies though some patients swear they get nightmares from Lisinopril in particular- however statistically it's still fewer than 1% of people who take either and report nightmares.