Trazodone - causes intense nightmares/dreams?

masso 3 Sep 2017

I was on this AD and fully empathize with you as I experienced nightmares and vivid dreams too, I had to stop taking it.
I suggest you contact your Dr. (when you can) and see what can be done in your case.

Psychiatric
Common (1% to 10%): Anger/hostility, excitement, insomnia, nightmares/vivid dreams
Frequency not reported: Hallucinations/delusions, mania/hypomania, impaired speech, suicidal ideation, disorientation, aggressive reaction, withdrawal syndrome
Postmarketing reports: Abnormal dreams, agitation, anxiety, paranoid reaction, psychosis

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/trazodone-side-effects.html

Regards, masso.-

Gmaildrug 7 Nov 2017

Was on only 50mg each night for 2wks. Prescribed for sleep. The first wk, seemed to work well but into the 2nd week, didn't work as well at all . The last night i took it had the worst nightmare i years! Screaming to the point that i woke everyone i the house! Definitely not for me. Took lorazepam with no major problems for yrs.